Author Topic: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz  (Read 9665 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:20 am »
Sorry, but I don't buy that official story. 

I think Cruz was afraid Trump would ensure Cruz would not be re-elected.  So he groveled.

I know Cruz was afraid of Hillary winning and seating liberals on the bench. He did what was best for country.  Quite frankly, you can think whatever you want of Cruz. If the label 'Lyin Ted' makes you feel better, go for it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2017, 12:11:56 am »
Wait one dingdang minute!  I read the entire article and 3 pages of comments wrong!  I thought this was about @Frank Cannon wanting to challenge every republican incumbent except Cruz.  Man, that clears things up immensely.

:silly: :silly:   :beer: :beer:  ...and dingdang to ya!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2017, 01:39:09 am »
He said that it was not going to be "fixed" with just one election, but would take several.

Figured that's because not everybody is up for reelection in 2018...or even 2020.
If you are interested in his actual words, here they are.  You are incorrect that he said that Cruz is the only Senator he will not take on in a primary.  That is only for the 2018 primary.

WATCH: Steve Bannon Declares 'War' on All 2018 Senate Incumbents Except Cruz
He said there are only a handful of senators who support Trump, and that he intends to bankroll primary opponents to every 2018 Republican senator except Ted Cruz of Texas.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/09/steve-bannon-hannity-bob-corker-and-establishment-gop-must-be-voted-out
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2017, 01:42:42 am »
How about when Cruz endorsed Trump?  Trump lied and humiliated Cruz throughout the campaign and Cruz all but bowed down and kissed his ring. 

Much as I like Cruz, I can't trust him now either.  In the end, he's just another politician.
What exactly did Cruz do that mimicked what you said he did? Support the GOP nominee?  Is that bowing down and kissing rings?

You seem to distort mightedly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2017, 01:46:16 am »
Listen lady. Cruz haters are just gonna hate. It's what they do. It's a waste of time to bother with them.....unless you want to wind them up and refer to Cruz as "Lyin' Ted". Then it's fun.
I agree with you.  Ted is a decent guy who I have met over a friend's house, and his family is adorable.

Ted is so good he scares people, and I think we can see some scared ones on this thread.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:53 am »
I agree with you.  Ted is a decent guy who I have met over a friend's house, and his family is adorable.

Ted is so good he scares people, and I think we can see some scared ones on this thread.

I have known Ted Cruz since his days as Solicitor General for the state of Texas.  He has never once lied to me.  I know lots of people and can count on one hand the number I can say that about.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2017, 02:19:26 am »
DCPatriot observes:
"True enough, but I still like Bannon essentially saying that Cruz is the ONLY real principled Conservative in Washington"

I don't want "principled" politicians.

I want steamrollers who will roll right over the other side and crush them flat.

How's dat?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:21:28 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2017, 02:48:35 am »
I have known Ted Cruz since his days as Solicitor General for the state of Texas.  He has never once lied to me.  I know lots of people and can count on one hand the number I can say that about.

Well I've known Lyin' Ted since he was my Au Pair. He used to steal change out of the ash tray in my aunts Electra and drink my dads booze and top it off with tap water. When he got caught, he blamed me and my parents sent me to an all female boarding school in the Alps. Ted is GD AWESOME!!!!!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2017, 02:51:13 am »
Well I've known Lyin' Ted since he was my Au Pair. He used to steal change out of the ash tray in my aunts Electra and drink my dads booze and top it off with tap water. When he got caught, he blamed me and my parents sent me to an all female boarding school in the Alps. Ted is GD AWESOME!!!!!

Jeez Frank, I just saw your picture.  You were right, you are exactly as I imagined.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2017, 12:22:19 pm »
Sorry, but I don't buy that official story. 

I think Cruz was afraid Trump would ensure Cruz would not be re-elected.  So he groveled.

What happened was the next day after his convention speech the Texas delegation
"requested" a meeting with Cruz and gave him hell. Most likely told him he would be
primaried (by Dan Patrick?) if he broke his pledge to support the GOP nominee no matter
who that nominee was. Cruz then found a convenient excuse to support Trump. One
of the reason I like Cruz, with enough conservative heat Cruz sees always the light.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2017, 01:12:41 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »
I don't want "principled" politicians.

I want steamrollers who will roll right over the other side and crush them flat.

How's dat?

You want Republicans who treat the rule of law and the Constitution with the same dislike as the Democrats.

You could care less about saving the country...you just want revenge and payback.

Sad...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2017, 01:19:07 pm »
You've got to love Cruz's position on issues, instead of these blowhards who would abandon social conservative issues for their own selfish interest. Same with 2nd amendment rights, safe and secure with Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2017, 01:21:56 pm »
You've got to love Cruz's position on issues, instead of these blowhards who would abandon social conservative issues for their own selfish interest. Same with 2nd amendment rights, safe and secure with Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »
Jeez Frank, I just saw your picture.  You were right, you are exactly as I imagined.

Scary, isn't he?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2017, 01:37:18 pm »
I admire how Cruz doesn't just throw social issues under the bus, like some do.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »
You want Republicans who treat the rule of law and the Constitution with the same dislike as the Democrats.

You could care less about saving the country...you just want revenge and payback.

Sad...

No, you could care less about saving the country, those words describe you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2017, 01:41:21 pm »

[img]http <snipped>

Buzz off Liberal Troll.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:42:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »
Buzz off Liberal Troll.

Last act of a desperate idiot...referring to Conservatives as "Liberal Trolls".

Pathetic.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:25 pm »
As disheartening as it may be, I am starting to read this thread solely for the entertainment value.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2017, 02:50:11 pm »

Ruggedly handsome, right?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »
Ruggedly handsome, right?

There's something about your pic that makes me feel like I should ask for it.  I cannot explain further than that.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »
There's something about your pic that makes me feel like I should ask for it. 

Inquiring minds want to know, ask for what?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2017, 03:03:13 pm »
There's something about your pic that makes me feel like I should ask for it.  I cannot explain further than that.

Well if you are wearing Donna Karan, PM me. As @CatherineofAragon knows I'm a label whore.