Author Topic: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz  (Read 9664 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz
October 9, 2017 | Olivia Beavers

Stephen Bannon is looking to challenge every sitting GOP lawmaker except Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas), saying "no one is safe" as he looks to challenge the Republican establishment in the 2018 midterms and beyond.

"There's a coalition coming together that is going to challenge every Republican incumbent except for Ted Cruz," Bannon told host Sean Hannity on Fox News' "Hannity" on Monday night.

The former White House chief strategist said he plans recruit candidates who can run against the lawmakers who have not faithfully fought to enact Trump's agenda.

"There's a basic agenda that Trump ran on and won. He carried states Republicans haven't carried in living memory — Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. This agenda works. The American people voted for it," he said in part.

"By the way, [Mitch] McConnell would not be majority leader unless Trump — in North Carolina and Missouri and Wisconsin — was able to carry those senators across the finish line. It's incumbent upon them to back President Trump's plan, but you don't see it," Bannon continued.

His comments come around two weeks after an anti-establishment candidate he backed, Roy Moore, defeated incumbent Mississippi Sen. Luther Strange in a GOP primary for the special election to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

McConnell and his allies spent heavily in their attempts to defeat Moore, who made opposition to the Senate leader a key part of his campaign.

Bannon, who returned to his role leading Breitbart News after his stint in the White House, said his team is "spending a ton of time with the grassroots organizations to make sure these candidates are fully vetted," saying they will be candidates with experience who are ready to take office unlike 2010 when the Tea Party movement was first gaining momentum.

snip

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/354641-bannon-is-recruiting-2018-candidates-to-challenge-every-republican
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:51:10 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What's not to like, about this?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

The problem is that Brannon is no Conservative.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

This thread should be a hoot!   *****rollingeyes*****

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

Well, I don't particularly like some guy having such influence over elections.  Yes, I know this stuff goes on all the time, but just what kind of candidate is Bannon going to promote?  Someone who will be loyal to Trump?  Our elected representatives are supposed to be working for us, not for one person.  I don't want a rubber stamp congress.  That's what dictators have. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They will never accomplish anything unless they play as a team. That's probably what Bannon has in mind.

Offline kevindavis007

Well, I don't particularly like some guy having such influence over elections.  Yes, I know this stuff goes on all the time, but just what kind of candidate is Bannon going to promote?  Someone who will be loyal to Trump?  Our elected representatives are supposed to be working for us, not for one person.  I don't want a rubber stamp congress.  That's what dictators have.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Either is the RNC. What's your point?

Offline libertybele

?? You have a rubber stamp Senate (a select few aren't) because of one guy.  That's the problem. This is no different then McConnell and the NRSC using their influence and $$ in supporting incumbents in primaries against conservative challengers across the country. We just saw a classic example of that happening when they backed Luther Strange. Cruz realized this 'game' was going on years ago and refused to play it and is one of the reasons he and McConnell don't see eye to eye and the reason that the Senate is so divided. I find it very interesting that Bannon is asking candidates to challenge Republican incumbents except Cruz.  Looks to me like the battle lines have been drawn!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

?? You have a rubber stamp Senate (a select few aren't) because of one guy.  That's the problem. This is no different then McConnell and the NRSC using their influence and $$ in supporting incumbents in primaries against conservative challengers across the country. We just saw a classic example of that happening when they backed Luther Strange. Cruz realized this 'game' was going on years ago and refused to play it and is one of the reasons he and McConnell don't see eye to eye and the reason that the Senate is so divided. I find it very interesting that Bannon is asking candidates to challenge Republican incumbents except Cruz.  Looks to me like the battle lines have been drawn!

The reason is that the Mercer family supports Cruz and Bannon.

Offline jpsb

LOL, they hate Trump so much they'd rather a Congress of RINOs than real conservatives trying to advance Trumps' conservative agenda.

Offline Frank Cannon

And the Rats support McConnell and the NRSC.

Ever wonder why they put a no name loser freshman like Corey Gardner in charge of getting Senate GOP'ers reelected?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well this should help Cruz be more effective in the Senate during the next eight months   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DiogenesLamp

And how do you know this?   I really have very little knowledge of Steve Bannon other than that he works for Breitbart and briefly worked for Trump.   

I would think working for Breitbart would indicate that he is a conservative. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The reason Ted Cruz will not be challenged is he is already outside the system.  He proved to be here in Texas when he ran against the sitting Lt. Governor Dewhurst, who was backed by Governor Perry and all the incumbent Senators.

If you do not believe that is true, then you really do not know what you are talking about.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

I though Mercer switched his support from team Cruz to team Trump.  Again, incumbents in the Senate are supported by McConnell and the NRSC and purposefully try to keep out conservatives from entering the Senate. It's no secret.  Didn't Bannon state he could do more good outside the White House?  Perhaps Bannon is going to help drain the swamp from the outside.  Rumor has it that Trump supported Strange because his weasel son-in-law Kushner told him too.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:49:32 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Well, I don't particularly like some guy having such influence over elections. 

I am a regular complainer about how much influence the New York and Los Angeles media have over elections.    In the list of things on the basis of priority,   I object more strongly to their influence than I do to the influence of anyone else. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

Well this should help Cruz be more effective in the Senate during the next eight months   *****rollingeyes*****

True enough, but I still like Bannon essentially saying that Cruz is the ONLY real principled Conservative in Washington.   All others are expendable.

Bannon, whose Conservatism has been questioned ad nauseum in TBR, is the purrfect conduit here.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

And how do you know this?   I really have very little knowledge of Steve Bannon other than that he works for Breitbart and briefly worked for Trump.   

I would think working for Breitbart would indicate that he is a conservative.

Pragmatism:  A foreign concept to 'principled' NTs.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Right_in_Virginia

True enough, but I still like Bannon essentially saying that Cruz is the ONLY real principled Conservative in Washington.   All others are expendable.

Bannon, whose Conservatism has been questioned ad nauseum in TBR, is the purrfect conduit here.

This is something you say behind closed doors to Cruz ... not publically, IMO.  I think there are one or two others worth keeping, too.   ^-^

Offline jpsb

Let's see who in the GOP is up for reelection in 2018

Orin Hatch, yeah primary him
John Barrasso, never heard of him and that's not good. Primary his ass.
Ded Fischer, same as John above.
Tennessee is an open seat. So yes, get a conservative in the primary.
Alabama had it's primary and we won with Judge Moore.
Roger Wicker, another one I've never heard of
Jeff Flake primary him
Dean Heller primary him

Ted Cruz, despite being a lying cockroach, does not need a primary challenger from the right.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:59:19 pm by jpsb »

Offline libertybele

This is something you say behind closed doors to Cruz ... not publically, IMO.  I think there are one or two others worth keeping, too.   ^-^

Agreed, but it was publicly announced for a reason and shortly after Strange lost. Again, I believe that the battle line has been drawn against the swamp. The others that are worth keeping aren't up for re-election in 2018.

Offline DCPatriot

This is something you say behind closed doors to Cruz ... not publically, IMO.  I think there are one or two others worth keeping, too.   ^-^

Not if you want to ensure that the GOP House and Senate are cleared of members currently being extorted and blackmailed for closet skeletons....in the hands of our enemies.

Exhibit A:  Senator Bob Corker   :shrug:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Pragmatism:  A foreign concept to 'principled' NTs.    *****rollingeyes*****

I dislike pragmatism as a motivation,   but I have come to recognize it's occasional necessity.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Ted Cruz, despite being a lying cockroach, does not need a primary challenger from the right.

Whoa,  what?   On the other site during the intense part of the primary,  I asked people to provide examples of where Ted Cruz lied about something.    I was assailed from all sides,  and yet not a single person could provide a valid example of Ted Cruz lying.   

Now it's your turn.   Let us see what you've got. 

— Lord Melbourne —