Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99530 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #1250 on: October 08, 2017, 01:43:53 pm »
All 2A supporters and gun enthusiasts will be called the new white nationalist fascists.

Yeah you can already see the left's attempt to connect the two.  It hasn't gained much traction...but it will unless something big and something definitive is done to put a stop to it.  It's gonna take come courage from some politicians on our side of the aisle that I don't think many of them have to squash that emerging narrative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1251 on: October 08, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
All 2A supporters and gun enthusiasts will be called the new white nationalist fascists.

I'm long past the point of giving a damn what anyone calls me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1252 on: October 08, 2017, 01:48:26 pm »
Cracks me up about the ol' boys who are talking about their revolution against the government which basically, this macho taking-up-arms talk is about when they would not sully themselves with voting straight for 2nd amendment rights and indeed, other issues that are off-topic here. There is no talk of gun confiscation and really, to have this "Macho Man" talk, is pretty nauseating to me and might not be respectful to the original tragedy.

Criticize me or the president for some remark, taking up arms against the government over some paranoia, no problem.  :silly:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1253 on: October 08, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »
Cracks me up about the ol' boys who are talking about their revolution against the government which basically, this macho taking-up-arms talk is about when they would not sully themselves with voting straight for 2nd amendment rights and indeed, other issues that are off-topic here. There is no talk of gun confiscation and really, to have this "Macho Man" talk, is pretty nauseating to me and might not be respectful to the original tragedy.

Criticize me or the president for some remark, taking up arms against the government over some paranoia, no problem.  :silly:

Go back to sleep and don't post again til your sober.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1254 on: October 08, 2017, 01:54:02 pm »
All the noise made by the usual liberal suspects is just virtue signaling. There's nothing stopping some mad man from collecting a few pistols, shotguns, etc. walking into some senior center or other place congregated by innocent, unassuming people and start blasting away.  The body count could be just as high as the LV slaughter with minimal planning ahead of time by the killer.
That's just the unfortunate fact of life in the U.S. these days.  There are a lot of crazy people capable of inflicting mass casualties by a number of methods other than guns. And nobody will be able to stop a crazy, committed person from getting a gun if they want one. 
The only protection is to try and identify these people before they strike (a very difficult proposition), be aware of your situation,  and for individuals to be  possibly armed themselves. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1255 on: October 08, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »
All the noise made by the usual liberal suspects is just virtue signaling. There's nothing stopping some mad man from collecting a few pistols, shotguns, etc. walking into some senior center or other place congregated by innocent, unassuming people and start blasting away.  The body count could be just as high as the LV slaughter with minimal planning ahead of time by the killer.
That's just the unfortunate fact of life in the U.S. these days.  There are a lot of crazy people capable of inflicting mass casualties by a number of methods other than guns. And nobody will be able to stop a crazy, committed person from getting a gun if they want one. 
The only protection is to try and identify these people before they strike (a very difficult proposition), be aware of your situation,  and for individuals to be  possibly armed themselves.

I put some of the blame at the politicians feet and the media as well.  Their bombast and rhetoric they toss out there with no thought of the consequences in no small way give the green light or at least inspire some of the craziness we see from unstable people like the shooter in LV.

Places like DU...Kos and the other Liberal mouthpieces on the internet share some of the blame as well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:04:00 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #1256 on: October 08, 2017, 02:06:56 pm »

I agree.  The only way to stop these incidents is to have enough law abiding people armed that there is a  good chance the shooter will run across someone ready and able to stop them
God is still in control

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1257 on: October 08, 2017, 02:09:42 pm »

Criticize me or the president for some remark, taking up arms against the government over some paranoia, no problem.

What's not funny is someone....

who can't do a simple search for 'the Second Amendment is obsolete,' find articles going back years from places that aren't crackpot, tin foil sites, and realize that's how previous social changes (good or bad) began.

who hasn't paid attention to duplicitous public figures who have supported various positions in the past and 'evolved' at inopprtune times.

who, despite the obvious forewarnings, later laments the ill changes in culture and liberty, while maintaining an obnoxious and erroneous sense of intellectual superiority.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1258 on: October 08, 2017, 02:14:40 pm »
What's not funny is someone....

who can't do a simple search for 'the Second Amendment is obsolete,' find articles going back years from places that aren't crackpot, tin foil sites, and realize that's how previous social changes (good or bad) began.

who hasn't paid attention to duplicitous public figures who have supported various positions in the past and 'evolved' at inopprtune times.

who, despite the obvious forewarnings, later laments the ill changes in culture and liberty, while maintaining an obnoxious and erroneous sense of intellectual superiority.

:2popcorn:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #1259 on: October 08, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »
Glad you trust in Trump's alleged "evolution" because I sure don't.

So you would preferred Hillary? I don't think Hillary has evolved much on gun rights.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1260 on: October 08, 2017, 02:31:20 pm »
So you would preferred Hillary? I don't think Hillary has evolved much on gun rights.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in #Newtown Connecticut.

"I generally oppose gun control," he wrote then, "but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today's internet technology we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

We have no evidence that Trump has either.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:31:56 pm by txradioguy »

Offline thackney

« Reply #1261 on: October 08, 2017, 02:37:43 pm »
The question isn't what kind of law could have stopped Paddock.  I doubt any law could have stopped Paddock;
We agree

his MO was unique

Shooting at innocent people he had no involvement with from an elevated position.  Not at all.

1966, An ex-Marine goes on a killing spree at the University of Texas
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/an-ex-marine-goes-on-a-killing-spree-at-the-university-of-texas

and everyone knows that every dog has one free bite.   The law isn't looking for folks without criminal records,  who do not bear elements of suspicion.   The police only find who they're looking for.

Yes, it almost always takes someone else who know this is likely to happen and turn them in.

No,  the question is what sorts of laws and protections can stop the copycats.   We now have the ghastly model of a methodical killer sniping at strangers from the high floors of a building.   That's an open invitation to copycats.   We will be seeing hotels requiring folks to go through metal detectors,  hotels requiring guests to keep guns in gun safes and not in guest rooms,  and hotels and other public spaces banning the carrying of firearms. 

And it is foolish to believe this would stop another mass murderer.

As for the implement of destruction, why shouldn't it be subject to regulation?   I don't advocate restrictions on the frequency of gun purchases or the size of a gun collection,  but I sure as hell advocate registration and insurance.  The same basic regime we require of those we permit to drive cars on public streets.    Guns, like cars, are useful but dangerous implements and should be registered with the authorities and made subject to a requirement that their owners insure them with respect to the potential mayhem they can cause.

Because passing more laws doesn't stop someone with means and ability from breaking laws.  It is repeated foolishness to do this over and over while ignoring the actual problem, mental health.

Focusing on the tools used, while ignoring the real reason this happens is just guaranteeing it will happen again.  We have changed our society to allow individuals of these problems to thrive.

Thoughts on Vegas, and Why Men Keep Doing This
https://byrslf.co/thoughts-on-the-vegas-shooting-14af397cee2c
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:17:09 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1262 on: October 08, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »

Oh that Hillary thing again. 

Come back when you have some newer, fresher talking points to make.  The ones you and other Trump supporters are using are quite stale.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1263 on: October 08, 2017, 02:43:25 pm »
I'm long past the point of giving a damn what anyone calls me!

@Bigun

I don't care what name people call me either.

However...

We all know how the left will take calling someone like you or me a name to applying it as a legally enforceable label in short order and then next thing you know we're being turned down at the gun store during our NICS check because we've been identified in accordance with the 2017 Pelosi/McCain Gun Ownership Insurance Law as white supremacists because of previous statements in favor of the 2nd Amendment and smaller government.

It may sound funny now...

Offline edpc

« Reply #1264 on: October 08, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »

She lied so much and so often about the issue during the 2008 primary, Obama openly mocked her by calling her 'Annie Oakley.'  The point is, she, Trump, and many others routinely make campaign promises that contradict previous statements and true feelings.

I used to reside in Ohio.  It's a very gun friendly state and Kasich hasn't done much to change it during his time in office.  However, given his past support of the '94 ban, I wouldn't trust him not to 'evolve' once again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:46:52 pm by edpc »

Offline thackney

« Reply #1265 on: October 08, 2017, 02:46:07 pm »
Correct.  That's why don't support restrictions on the frequency of gun purchases, or the size of a gun collection.  I want every gun owner to carry insurance in the same way a driver must.  If you can afford to insure a colossal gun collection, then have at it.   If not, stick to one or two.

How would this in any way impact what Paddock did?  It only raises the cost, keeping more poor from being able to protect themselves.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #1266 on: October 08, 2017, 02:47:12 pm »

Come back when you have some newer, fresher talking points to make.  The ones you and other Trump supporters are using are quite stale.

An oldie but goodie, sorry you don't like it but it is a FACT either Trump or Hillary
was going to be the next President of the USA. Ignore reality at your own peril.
Just be glad there were enough sane conservatives to elect Trump. You can thank
me later. And since you did not help elect Trump and don't support Trump no
one outside of the tiny NT community gives a damn about what you think of Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1267 on: October 08, 2017, 02:48:30 pm »
How would this in any way impact what Paddock did?  It only raises the cost, keeping more poor from being able to protect themselves.

@thackney

If's regulation by another name....you make it too expensive for people like you and me to own more than one gun.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1268 on: October 08, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
                                                                                       ― Mark Twain

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #1269 on: October 08, 2017, 02:53:49 pm »

@Applewood

Trump wasn't my first or 15th choice in the primaries.

Once the general election came it was him or Hillary.  So please educate us on what the other choices were.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #1270 on: October 08, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »
On MTP, Hugh Hewitt suggested large (didn't specificy a number) firearm purchases could be 'red flagged' as multiple opioid prescriptions are.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1271 on: October 08, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »
On MTP, Hugh Hewitt suggested large (didn't specificy a number) firearm purchases could be 'red flagged' as multiple opioid prescriptions are.   *****rollingeyes*****

smh

This is how the left wins.  When Conservatives give them an inch...they take a mile.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #1272 on: October 08, 2017, 03:06:23 pm »
smh

This is how the left wins.  When Conservatives give them an inch...they take a mile.

Meanwhile if conservatives can't have a grand slam they stay home.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1273 on: October 08, 2017, 03:09:36 pm »
If every person in that crowd of 29,000 was carrying, they STILL wouldn't have been able to stop Braddock, or protect themselves.

The goal should be to stop people like him.   IMO, it's impossible in a nation of 330M.

True on both the goal and the impossibility.  If you want to reduce the occurrence, quit focusing on the tool used, that is essentially unlimited.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1274 on: October 08, 2017, 03:11:16 pm »
No carrying in that situation would have been of no benefit   There will always be those situations where there is nothing you can do.  But all in all I like my chances better when I am armed than when I am not.

Armed people in a room down the hall likely would have reduced the number people shot, if they were willing to confront the situation.