Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99522 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #1225 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:38 am »
GOP platform, here it is:

@Victoria33  is a fairy. She wears boots.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1226 on: October 08, 2017, 04:32:34 am »
I guess the candidate of choice is someone who has only words but no accomplishments.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1227 on: October 08, 2017, 05:06:13 am »
I guess the candidate of choice is someone who has only words but no accomplishments.
What candidate are you referring to, Tom? AFAIK, there is no one up for election at the moment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1228 on: October 08, 2017, 05:07:25 am »
2000? So what?  Almost 20 years ago.

Armed American Radio endorsed him. NRA endorsed Trump.

Apparently, he has evolved on the issue, he got elected, these others may well not have been elected. It's probably in the GOP platform as well. 

Fact, I voted for my 2nd amendment rights with the GOP candidate, as I always do. 

And let's not forget those who did NOT vote for the pro-2nd amendment candidate who act like they are taking a noble stance, because it's just rubbish.  They abandoned the 2nd amendment.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf
It might even be in the GOP platform.

Voting for Trump meant voting pro-life, voting 2nd amendment rights.

Glad you trust in Trump's alleged "evolution" because I sure don't.   

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1229 on: October 08, 2017, 05:09:16 am »
I guess voting for Trump meant voting for many things, real or imagined. We will see how he does on the RKBA. I'm not seeing 'evolution', I'm seeing entropy in action.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1230 on: October 08, 2017, 05:33:24 am »
@Victoria33  is a fairy. She wears boots.

Don't make fun out of my fairy godmother!

I ❤️Her

She has big boots to fill.
(I like @bigheadfred too)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:34:52 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1231 on: October 08, 2017, 05:47:14 am »

Good!

I voted for him, he has stood up for 2nd Amendment rights, he has stood up for pro-life causes; and has done action on it.

Who I don't trust are those who turn their back on the Unborn.   Do you understand that?

@DB just threw in a red herring,

There is no proof "assault weapons" is a left-wing invented term.
http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/assault-weapons/

Saying something like "I want to ban assault weapons" if Trump did say this, no source was given, is not the same thing as banning all guns and abandoning the 2nd amendment.

So, this was all smoke, now we can all return to supporting Ted Cruz, who has not affected anything per a leadership position and is all words.

BTW, I vote for the GOP candidate,  Trump was the one running.

If he defeats ISIS, if he implements pro-life causes, good. It must not be important to other people, but it is to me.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:54:25 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1232 on: October 08, 2017, 05:49:46 am »
I guess voting for Trump meant voting for many things, real or imagined. We will see how he does on the RKBA. I'm not seeing 'evolution', I'm seeing entropy in action.

I'm proud as much as possible that he has stood up for the unborn; those are conservative values. Sorry you can't relate to it. 

And he has stood up for 2nd amendment rights.

And morality, per rolling back the homosexual agenda, stood up for freedom of religion.

We can always talk about the great do-nothing senator, all words Ted Cruz; that's the ticket.

Trump now has accomplished much more per conservative principles than Cruz. Yes, Trump voters should take a victory lap.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:51:04 am by TomSea »

Online DB

« Reply #1233 on: October 08, 2017, 06:15:27 am »
Good!

I voted for him, he has stood up for 2nd Amendment rights, he has stood up for pro-life causes; and has done action on it.

Who I don't trust are those who turn their back on the Unborn.   Do you understand that?

Saying something like "I want to ban assault weapons" if Trump did say this, no source was given, is not the same thing as banning all guns and abandoning the 2nd amendment.

So, this was all smoke, now we can all return to supporting Ted Cruz, who has not affected anything per a leadership position and is all words.

BTW, I vote for the GOP candidate,  Trump was the one running.

If he defeats ISIS, if he implements pro-life causes, good. It must not be important to other people, but it is to me.

There's a cure for ignorance.

"In “The America We Deserve,” his book published in 2000, when he was exploring a bid for president under the Reform Party, Trump accused Republicans of being pawns of the gun lobby. “The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions,” he wrote. In the same book, he also promoted an assault weapons ban and “a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/354163-trump-is-wild-card-in-gun-control-debate

http://www.assaultweapontruth.com/

Online DB

« Reply #1234 on: October 08, 2017, 06:18:44 am »
Good!

Your own link says it is an invented term... It was invented for what purpose Tom? Get a clue.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1235 on: October 08, 2017, 06:22:21 am »
All of this is a distraction; and I'd tell the moderators, I didn't mean to go off topic.

It seems off topic to imagine some draconian measures taken against gun owners, no laws have been proposed. If they have, this discussion should be in that thread.

But all the same, Trump was the 2nd amendment candidate, when people start talking about fighting their government with firearms, they did not do the minimum for the 2nd amendment to now be saying these kinds of dramatic things.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1236 on: October 08, 2017, 06:37:19 am »
And there is no gun confiscation program being planned or anything, so this is just a tangent.

I wish I shared your confidence.  I don't, and that's not likely to change.  I've seen too many politicians come and go to trust in any of them.

Sorry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1237 on: October 08, 2017, 06:40:20 am »
I'm proud as much as possible that he has stood up for the unborn; those are conservative values. Sorry you can't relate to it. 

And morality, per rolling back the homosexual agenda, stood up for freedom of religion.

We can always talk about the great do-nothing senator, all words Ted Cruz; that's the ticket.

Trump now has accomplished much more per conservative principles than Cruz. Yes, Trump voters should take a victory lap.

You'd have a lot more credibility if you'd stop battling the politician you've already defeated.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1238 on: October 08, 2017, 07:59:04 am »

Yes, by all means run in circles, Tom. Trump has no monopoly on Conservative anything, but if you want to worship him, it's a free country. You are even free to hate on Senator Cruz.

Who, incidentally, did NOT donate to Schumer or Hillary.  :shrug:

Orange smoke is not a 'virtue signal' in my book.

I voted for a man who represented a political Party which uses the Constitution and Bill of Rights as its platform. It doesn't get any more Conservative than that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:01:31 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #1239 on: October 08, 2017, 08:41:48 am »

Tom, the simple truth is Trump has donated more money to planned parenthood promoting abortion than any Republican candidate for President ever. His money is directly responsible for God knows how many dead babies. It could easily be in the thousands. Actual dead babies. That's real doing in the real world with real results.

And you have the nerve to claim others who don't support your champion are the baby killers... Go look in the mirror to see who supported an actual baby killer with a track record of doing so.

Trump talks about his "New York values" here in his own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:45:06 am by DB »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1240 on: October 08, 2017, 09:10:03 am »
Ok. My two cents

Last month I had to get my drivers license renewed. It was ten years since the last time the photo was taken. Anyway, they changed the questions they make you fill out prior to the license

One of them really got my goat. Actually two. One was do you owe child support in this or any other state? The second one was have you ever taken a psychiatric drug? Or seen a psychiatrist?

Big Brother is alive and well. Draw your own conclusions about the second question. I sure as heck did.

There was also an organ donor question on it as well.

Needless to say, I'm mad as heck and I'm not taking this lying down. I wrote to my congresswoman, my Senators and the lame duck governor. Snail mail letters. I told them they all lost my vote come re-election time for this. As for the governor... well, I just said it's wrong. Too Orwellian.
(Congresswoman and senators don't know I didn't vote for them to begin with, :)

Now, @Cyber Liberty can I have a chocolate donut? I'm sad from all the writing
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:20:03 am by Freya »

Online DB

« Reply #1241 on: October 08, 2017, 09:25:49 am »
Ok. My two cents

Last month I had to get my drivers license renewed. It was ten years since the last time the photo was taken. Anyway, they changed the questions they make you fill out prior to the license

One of them really got my goat. Actually two. One was do you owe child support in this or any other state? The second one was have you ever taken a psychiatric drug? Or seen a psychiatrist?

Big Brother is alive and well. Draw your own conclusions about the second question. I sure as heck did.

There was also an organ donor question on it as well.

Needless to say, I'm mad as heck and I'm not taking this lying down. I wrote to my congresswoman, my Senators and the lame duck governor. Snail mail letters. I told them they all lost my vote come re-election time for this. As for the governor... well, I just said it's wrong. Too Orwellian.
(Congresswoman and senators don't know I didn't vote for them to begin with, :)

Now, @Cyber Liberty can I have a chocolate donut? I'm sad from all the writing

We are all just wards of the state it seems. People trade their freedom one little bit at a time, over and over, for security that doesn't really come and then wonder where their freedom went... After all these guns laws over the last 30 years are we really any safer? Freedom isn't an infinite well of more. When it goes, it very rarely comes back.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1242 on: October 08, 2017, 10:30:10 am »
We are all just wards of the state it seems. People trade their freedom one little bit at a time, over and over, for security that doesn't really come and then wonder where their freedom went... After all these guns laws over the last 30 years are we really any safer? Freedom isn't an infinite well of more. When it goes, it very rarely comes back.

Well said @DB. I cherish my freedom. And chocolate. I'm scared of Big Brother and Brave New World. Some days I really want to go Galt.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:30:51 am by Freya »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #1243 on: October 08, 2017, 10:39:40 am »
And there is no gun confiscation program being planned or anything, so this is just a tangent.

@TomSea

Incorrect it has been stated many times that their goal is a total ban.  Every single idea they have is a step towards that goal.  No more gun laws.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1244 on: October 08, 2017, 12:30:59 pm »
Ok. My two cents

One of the many reasons I am reluctant to accept a doctor's Rx, no matter how much I may need it. One doc several years ago prescribed an anti-depressant because I wasn't getting any sleep, due to back pain - not because I was depressed. Now I wonder whether that will pop up in a gun purchase background check.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #1245 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36:34 pm »
One of the many reasons I am reluctant to accept a doctor's Rx, no matter how much I may need it. One doc several years ago prescribed an anti-depressant because I wasn't getting any sleep, due to back pain - not because I was depressed. Now I wonder whether that will pop up in a gun purchase background check.  **nononono*

Not yet but if we don't stand up it will.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1246 on: October 08, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »
Good!

Do you have any verifiable links to show he's done any of that?

Please provide them.

You mean like people that sign spending bills fully funding Planned Parenthood?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1247 on: October 08, 2017, 01:25:31 pm »
Yes, by all means run in circles, Tom. Trump has no monopoly on Conservative anything, but if you want to worship him, it's a free country. You are even free to hate on Senator Cruz.

Who, incidentally, did NOT donate to Schumer or Hillary.  :shrug:

Orange smoke is not a 'virtue signal' in my book.

I voted for a man who represented a political Party which uses the Constitution and Bill of Rights as its platform. It doesn't get any more Conservative than that.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1248 on: October 08, 2017, 01:28:18 pm »
If every person in that crowd of 29,000 was carrying, they STILL wouldn't have been able to stop Braddock, or protect themselves.

The goal should be to stop people like him.   IMO, it's impossible in a nation of 330M.

I agree completely.

But you have those people that believe if you take away guns from law abiding citizens...it will some how act as a deterrent to the thugs with guns.

Same mindset that says if we reduce our military to 1920's levels other countries won't attack us or invade our allies.

It really is a sickness that sets us up to be wiped out if it's allowed to take root.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1249 on: October 08, 2017, 01:38:57 pm »
It really is a sickness that sets us up to be wiped out if it's allowed to take root.

All 2A supporters and gun enthusiasts will be called the new white nationalist fascists.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:39:35 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.