Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99526 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #950 on: October 05, 2017, 03:08:22 pm »
Maybe accomplices were a no-show, instead and he decided to go it solo. That still seems like a lot of firearms for just one guy to have up there. Also, I saw a graphic which showed the rooms with broken windows were adjacent, but not connected. If correct, he would have had to go into the hall to go from one room to the other. FOr one guy, that doesn't make much sense, unless he broke the window in the other room to throw the police off, and then went into the one he was going to be shooting from. Otherwise, he'd be vulnerable to attack from the hallway when he changed positions.

@Smokin Joe
The article I read indicated the rooms had a door between them.   I think he broke the second window for one of two reasons; 1) to get a different angle or in an attempt to clear out the room of the smoke. 

I don't see any muzzle flashes on the video but its hard to tell.   He was probably sitting back in the rooms and the flash was contained.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jpsb

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #952 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:12 pm »
LVMPD audio: ‘There are at least two shooters with fully-automatic weapons’

Many potential explanations for that... echoing, seeing two broken windows, seeing shots from two separate windows at two different times, etc.  The key would be to ask that transmitter what was meant by the statement.

Remember, many gun enthusiasts on various sites were sure it was an AK from the reports (i.e., sound).  I think we can all agree that many conclusions were wrong.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:14:55 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #953 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »
@txradioguy

It is very foolish to rule anything out at the start of an investigation. Do you know for a fact there was no another shooter? A very common infantry tactic is to create a field of fire. You don't just fire from one location if you have the means to fire from multiple locations. This is basic stuff that whoever planned this attack was smart enough to know.

Ruling out two or more shooters at the start of an investigation is stupid. And so is your tinfoil comment.

We don't know for a fact that there was a second shooter.  I'm not going to delve into conspiracy theory what if's on stuff like that.  I'm sticking with the facts.  I'll leave the conspiracy theory second shooter false flag stuff for Alex Jones and company.

I understand fields of fire very well.  Which is why I stand by what I said that there would be double the number of KIA and WIA had there been two shooters creating interlocking fields of fire form those two shooting points.  The spacing between platforms with two shooters would have been much more deadly than what ended up happening.  Two shooters...had they planned it right would have divided up those weapons and brought continuous volumes of fire down on that crowd or at the very least one firing while the other reloaded and just alternated in that fashion.

As it is the amount of KIA was and the gaps in times when there was not firing going on indicate to me that he was moving between the two broken windows...firing from one platform...emptying the weapon then moving back to the other firing position.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:15:11 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #955 on: October 05, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #956 on: October 05, 2017, 03:17:59 pm »
LVMPD audio: ‘There are at least two shooters with fully-automatic weapons’

That article talks of a second shooter on the 29th floor.  Did they use magic bullets that pass through glass without breaking it?

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #957 on: October 05, 2017, 03:22:17 pm »
Two shooters...had they planned it right would have divided up those weapons and brought continuous volumes of fire down on that crowd or at the very least one firing while the other reloaded and just alternated in that fashion.

As it is the amount of KIA was and the gaps in times when there was not firing going on indicate to me that he was moving between the two broken windows...firing from one platform...emptying the weapon then moving back to the other firing position.

But that's only the simplest explanation that fits the data best.  There are other possibilities.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #958 on: October 05, 2017, 03:22:55 pm »
And in that same vein, I thought they admitted that there is information they are not releasing as of now. So, yes, this is orchestrated in my opinion, on what they are telling the general public.  Not just haphazard remarks at a press conference.

OK, again........

“Maybe he was a superhuman who figured this out all on his own but it would be hard for me to believe that.”

Incredibly irresponsible and stupid for Sheriff Lombardo to say.  If the investigation concludes he did act alone, then will Paddock be superhuman or will the sheriff just be a discredited fool?  Officials already reported police had killed the shooter, before they had to correct that to a fatal self-inflicted gunshot wound.  There's no grand orchestration by behind the scenes masterminds – just disarray and missteps that occur in the initial stages of large events like this.

The D.C. sniper just had to be a middle aged white guy in a van, because people saw it and it fits the profile.  It had to be follow up jihad attacks, so soon after 9/11.

Wrong on both accounts.

The Unabomber had to be a young, poorly educated, current or former airline employee.  They screwed that one up for over a decade.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

« Reply #959 on: October 05, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »
Now, it would seem he cased the Lollapalooza event in Chicago back in August.

STEPHEN PADDOCK BOOKED HOTEL OVERLOOKING LOLLAPALOOZA 2 MONTHS BEFORE MASSACRE

Paddock booked one room for August 1, 2017, 2 days before the August 3 kickoff. Paddock then booked a second room for an August 3 arrival. Both rooms had an August 6 checkout ... that's when Lollapalooza ended.

The hotel directly overlooked the main stage as well as several adjoining stages. It also overlooks the main entrance and exit where thousands of people file through. And the hotel had a bird's-eye view of the crowd. We're told Paddock specifically requested both rooms be a "view room" which only face Grant Park, where the concert was being held. And here's the scariest part ... it's difficult if not impossible to flee because of Lake Michigan. Sources tell TMZ Paddock had never booked a room at the hotel before, nor had his girlfriend.

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/10/05/stephen-paddock-booked-hotel-lollapalooza-music-festival-chicago-vegas/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:42:23 pm by edpc »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #960 on: October 05, 2017, 03:43:42 pm »
Many potential explanations for that... echoing, seeing two broken windows, seeing shots from two separate windows at two different times, etc.  The key would be to ask that transmitter what was meant by the statement.

Remember, many gun enthusiasts on various sites were sure it was an AK from the reports (i.e., sound).  I think we can all agree that many conclusions were wrong.

I am not saying that there were two shooters. Only that multiple shooters should not be ruled out at the very beginning of an investigation.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #961 on: October 05, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »
I am not saying that there were two shooters. Only that multiple shooters should not be ruled out at the very beginning of an investigation.

I'm with you on that.  The sophistication of the set up would have made it very easy for a second or more shooter to have been in those rooms for the first few minutes and then walked out the door and disappeared down the hallway.   Not saying that happened but it is certainly possible.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:53:58 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #962 on: October 05, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »
There is certainly a lot more to this story than we are being told. I am sadden to see how easily some folk
just take as gospel whatever gov tells them. Sheep. If you ask questions or have doubts you're told to go
put on your tinfoil.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #963 on: October 05, 2017, 04:02:07 pm »
That article talks of a second shooter on the 29th floor.  Did they use magic bullets that pass through glass without breaking it?

That photo is not only flipped, but it's also freaking UPSIDE DOWN!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #964 on: October 05, 2017, 04:05:40 pm »
Not everything is a conspiracy.  He may have had help but I havent heard a second shooter in any of the video .

Offline edpc

« Reply #965 on: October 05, 2017, 04:06:28 pm »
That photo is not only flipped, but it's also freaking UPSIDE DOWN!

If the photo was upside down, the fluttering curtains would point toward the sky.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #966 on: October 05, 2017, 04:07:10 pm »
Not everything is a conspiracy.  He may have had help but I havent heard a second shooter in any of the video .

With almost 1000 posts, I'm sure it's been suggested that witnesses may have heard ECHOES of the shots fired.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #967 on: October 05, 2017, 04:09:04 pm »
If the photo was upside down, the fluttering curtains would point toward the sky.

Whoops....you're right.

But it is DEFINITELY flipped/reversed, as the room is on the other end of the building closer to the venue. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #968 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:28 pm »
I'm with you on that.  The sophistication of the set up would have made it very easy for a second or more shooter to have been in those rooms for the first few minutes and then walked out the door and disappeared down the hallway.   Not saying that happened but it is certainly possible.

That would be easily discernible, as the hallways, or at least floor by floor access points are usually monitored.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #969 on: October 05, 2017, 05:30:32 pm »
That would be easily discernible, as the hallways, or at least floor by floor access points are usually monitored.

Maybe it was discerned.  How would we know?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:31:01 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #970 on: October 05, 2017, 05:30:43 pm »

I'd lay odds that someone was in the room with him before the attack.  Probably a prostitute and the cops have video of her entering and leaving the room.

There are a lot of cameras in vegas.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #971 on: October 05, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »
I'd lay odds that someone was in the room with him before the attack.  Probably a prostitute and the cops have video of her entering and leaving the room.

There are a lot of cameras in vegas.

If you were working the case and had someone on video would you talk about it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #972 on: October 05, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
With almost 1000 posts, I'm sure it's been suggested that witnesses may have heard ECHOES of the shots fired.

That is worth remarking upon.
canyons, and also high buildings, throw sound around. Not only the echo. Also the originating sound. 

I watched my buddy knock down an elk, and I could have sworn he fired from off to my right/forward... and out he come, from my direct left.

What anyone heard on the ground can't be readily trusted.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #973 on: October 05, 2017, 05:45:04 pm »
Maybe it was discerned.  How would we know?

Meh... it's a big investigation. Likely there will be flapping lips.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #974 on: October 05, 2017, 05:45:38 pm »
If you were working the case and had someone on video would you talk about it?

@Bigun
I'd talk to the police.  I sure wouldn't be going public.  Not only a bad career move but likely to make any prosecution of people who helped him more difficult.