Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99528 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #675 on: October 03, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »
5 handguns, lots of ammo and many unspecified electronic devices found in Reno home.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #676 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:39 pm »
Per sheriff girlfriend is in Philippines and she is a person of interest. Looking into how the photos of Paddock's dead body were leaked.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #677 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:03 pm »
Per sheriff girlfriend is in Philippines and she is a person of interest. Looking into how the photos of Paddock's dead body were leaked.

Someone on the after action forensic team, most likely. Places like The Enquirer, TMZ, and others pay a premium for stuff like this. Hard for someone to resist the temptation. The shooter had positioned cameras inside and outside the room. Probably wirelessly hooked up to a laptop inside. If there was any video captured on that HDD, you can expect that may leak as well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:03:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #678 on: October 03, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »
Someone on the after action forensic team, most likely. Places like The Enquirer, TMZ, and others pay a premium for stuff like this. Hard for someone to resist the temptation. The shooter had positioned cameras inside and outside the room. Probably wirelessly hooked up to a laptop inside. If there was any video captured on that HDD, you can expect that may leak as well.

I think you're right. Looks like they are taking a hard look at the girlfriend.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #679 on: October 03, 2017, 09:14:16 pm »
Breaking, police are saying the gunman may have been planning an earlier attack, to go after the Life is Beautiful festival instead. He tried to get rooms overlooking that festival before getting the rooms for this one.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-gunman-may-have-planned-earlier-attack/

IE, the target wasn't who the target was (ie Country fans and the stereotypes that come with it), but the target that fit the opportunity.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #680 on: October 03, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »
Breaking, police are saying the gunman may have been planning an earlier attack, to go after the Life is Beautiful festival instead. He tried to get rooms overlooking that festival before getting the rooms for this one.

IE, the target wasn't who the target was (ie Country fans and the stereotypes that come with it), but the target that fit the opportunity.

Interesting. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #681 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:41 pm »

I bet the fired legal VP from CBS would've felt sympathy for that crowd.

Idiot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:24:17 pm by edpc »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #682 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:07 pm »
Police also found the fertilizer ammonium nitrate - which can be used to make bombs - in Paddock's car in Las Vegas on Monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4944234/Two-23-rifles-inside-Stephen-Paddock-s-room.html#ixzz4uTaHoXEr
How much? That is the question. If they found 200 pounds, that is one thing, if they found a little bit, that could be just a tannerite component. BTW, ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel Oil) is a common mining explosive, but only about 40% as strong as an equal weight of TNT. It takes a lot to be destructive at any distance. Tim McVeigh had a truckload of the stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #683 on: October 03, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »
Between this and Tom Petty I'm seriously sad. Beyond sad

Not even ice cream can make me happy
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:35:42 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline edpc

« Reply #684 on: October 03, 2017, 09:38:27 pm »
ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel Oil) is a common mining explosive, but only about 40% as strong as an equal weight of TNT. It takes a lot to be destructive at any distance. Tim McVeigh had a truckload of the stuff.

Also, it was in a truck that was sandbagged to focus and optimize the effect.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #685 on: October 03, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »
Las Vegas Shooter Wired $100,000 to Philippines Last Week
by TOM WINTER, JONATHAN DIENST, PETE WILLIAMS and ANDREW BLANKSTEIN
OCT 3 2017, 3:49 PM ET
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-shooter-wired-100-000-philippines-last-week-n807141

Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to an account in his live-in girlfriend’s home country of the Philippines in the week before he unleashed the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, according to multiple senior law enforcement officials.

But while officials have confirmed that Marilou Danley was in the Philippines on Sunday when Paddock opened fire on a crowd attending a country music festival on the Vegas Strip, it was not known whether the money was for her, her family, or another purpose.

Danley, 62, who had traveled to Hong Kong on Sept. 25, could fill in some of the blanks when she returns to the U.S. on Wednesday, the officials said. Her arrival airport was not known.
[...]

Excerpt.
One of the early posts I made was from a Facebook profile of her husband Geary Danley (no divorce), who is an ardent liberal. At the time he was a possibility for the shooter, but was soon cleared of being involved (she has been hanging with Paddock). Any which way, I'd bet there is more to this all than face value.

Was her marriage to Geary one of those to get her US Citizenship/permanent residency? Such arrangements are known to occur (I was once offered 10K to marry a nurse from the Philippines to allow her to stay in country. I declined).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

« Reply #686 on: October 03, 2017, 09:41:28 pm »
One of the early posts I made was from a Facebook profile of her husband Geary Danley (no divorce), who is an ardent liberal. At the time he was a possibility for the shooter, but was soon cleared of being involved (she has been hanging with Paddock). Any which way, I'd bet there is more to this all than face value.

Was her marriage to Geary one of those to get her US Citizenship/permanent residency? Such arrangements are known to occur (I was once offered 10K to marry a nurse from the Philippines to allow her to stay in country. I declined).

The Geary guy was married to a woman with the same name, but not the same person. It is one of those early hoaxes/mistakes that just won't die.

Offline ABX

« Reply #687 on: October 03, 2017, 09:41:52 pm »
New revelation. He videotaped himself during the shooting and the police have the recordings.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,284123.0.html

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #688 on: October 03, 2017, 09:50:30 pm »

Not that crowd specifically, but any crowd? That takes this back into terrorism, independent of domestic political disputes or stereotypical crowd profiles.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #689 on: October 03, 2017, 09:51:35 pm »
Between this and Tom Petty I'm seriously sad. Beyond sad

Not even ice cream can make me happy
(((hugs))) Hang in there. Some days suck, but it gets better.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

« Reply #690 on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #691 on: October 03, 2017, 09:55:50 pm »
The Geary guy was married to a woman with the same name, but not the same person. It is one of those early hoaxes/mistakes that just won't die.
Maybe the images have been mixed up, but they even look alike.

And there is this:
Danley, who was identified as Paddock's girlfriend, was married in 1990 to Geary Danley. There is no record of a divorce between the two, while Paddock divorced his wife 27 years ago.

>snip<
Paddock used Danley's ID when he checked himself into the hotel according to a source with knowledge of the investigation, despite the fact that she was not with him during his stay. 

Paddock and Danley live in a upscale community that includes an 18-hole golf course, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a recreation center with gym.

from (and considerably more at)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4944234/Two-23-rifles-inside-Stephen-Paddock-s-room.html#ixzz4uTaHoXEr

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #692 on: October 03, 2017, 10:28:22 pm »
I think you're right. Looks like they are taking a hard look at the girlfriend.

Maybe she left the country as an alibi.  It's not hard to have the video stored to a laptop and have that data copied to the internet.  If she knows what she's doing she could log into that laptop from the PI and delete the footprints.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

« Reply #693 on: October 03, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »
Just bumping this again. We need to hear more about the Jonathans of the world and give them as much coverage.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #694 on: October 03, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »
Just a heads-up... some of the lines the Left is starting to push with this:

"Conservatives say this murderer had a RIGHT to own a gun,
but the people he hit don't have a RIGHT to healthcare."

The murderer had a right TO OWN a gun.

The people have a right TO OWN healthcare.

-------------

The murderer did not have a right to a gun (i.e. supplied at the expense of someone else).

The people do not have a right to health care (i.e. supplied at the expense of someone else at the point of a gun)

"Some of the heroes who protected others and took bullets themselves might have to go bankrupt because of our healthcare system."

Only the ones stuck with Obamacare policies and their huge deductibles.

Be prepared to counter these.

Anyone with a functioning brain and a love for truth is adequately prepared to counter those.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #695 on: October 03, 2017, 11:32:33 pm »
Maybe she left the country as an alibi.  It's not hard to have the video stored to a laptop and have that data copied to the internet.  If she knows what she's doing she could log into that laptop from the PI and delete the footprints.

I was thinking of the possibility that the video feed was viewed 'Live' from an offsite location.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #696 on: October 04, 2017, 12:26:55 am »
There is an equivalence ratio/rating for TNT and bomb grade ammonium nitrate/fuel mix. I think it is around 1: 0.7. Don't quote me on that. Meaning that twice the weighted amount of ammonium nitrate per TNT doesn't give you a bigger bomb.

Take all of your weapons. Start with the most rapid fire and perhaps highest power/size. Have no plan to reload once you start shooting but have that as a backup. Fire all loaded weapons and if there is time then start to reload and fire.

I've taken some advice and dug up some Zoloft, Valium, and Keystone Light. The nightmares were way bad last night. So, what? 400 mg Zoloft, 30 mg Valium and a 6 of Keystone tall boys to start?

Yep.

See if it slows the rocket down.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #697 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33:21 am »
There is an equivalence ratio/rating for TNT and bomb grade ammonium nitrate/fuel mix. I think it is around 1: 0.7. Don't quote me on that. Meaning that twice the weighted amount of ammonium nitrate per TNT doesn't give you a bigger bomb.

Take all of your weapons. Start with the most rapid fire and perhaps highest power/size. Have no plan to reload once you start shooting but have that as a backup. Fire all loaded weapons and if there is time then start to reload and fire.

I've taken some advice and dug up some Zoloft, Valium, and Keystone Light. The nightmares were way bad last night. So, what? 400 mg Zoloft, 30 mg Valium and a 6 of Keystone tall boys to start?

Yep.

See if it slows the rocket down.

Have you tried Canadian Whiskey?  It covers a lot of sin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #698 on: October 04, 2017, 12:53:17 am »
  @bigheadfred   I prefer this, The beer ain't bad either.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #699 on: October 04, 2017, 12:53:45 am »
I was thinking of the possibility that the video feed was viewed 'Live' from an offsite location.   :shrug:

@DCPatriot

Well know when we start seeing it in Isis recruiting videos.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.