Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99522 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #650 on: October 03, 2017, 05:54:13 pm »
I've been seeing a LOT of people post the first one. I was working on writing up a response article that I'll post later this evening.

@AbaraXas

Thank you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #651 on: October 03, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »
Just a heads-up... some of the lines the Left is starting to push with this:

"Conservatives say this murderer had a RIGHT to own a gun,
but the people he hit don't have a RIGHT to healthcare."

and

"Some of the heroes who protected others and took bullets themselves might have to go bankrupt because of our healthcare system."

Be prepared to counter these.

No problem.  As to the first, show me someone who was injured in that incident and was turned away at the hospital.  For the second, name another specialized service where you can walk into any provider and demand their expertise for free.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #652 on: October 03, 2017, 06:06:37 pm »

and

"Some of the heroes who protected others and took bullets themselves might have to go bankrupt because of our healthcare system."

@Suppressed
Where is it in our Constitution that free healthcare is as Right protected by the Constitution?    When doctors and nurses start working for free then lets talk.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »
@DB

Yes, the performer would likely be blamed if he had tried to direct the crowd.

Even the police did not know where the shots were coming from, and at first it was assumed multiple gunmen. Obviously with an elevated shooter the best advice would be to run like hell for the nearest cover like a car, structure or wall. But not knowing this a shout on the MC to run could be sending people into a shooters line of fire, where the command to hit the deck and stay low may have been the best option. Not knowing anything about the shooters location any commands shouted from the stage could have been the wrong one.   I cant see how any logical thinking person can put blame on the band.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2017, 06:36:24 pm »

and

Oh the drama!!!

When people make claims like that,  I ask them for proof.  Show me evidence that any of these injured people are going bankrupt or will be going bankrupt as a result of this incident?  Do you know for a fact that any of them are uninsured? Do you know of any specific instance where anyone was denied health care after this incident because phe or she had no health insurance? 

The word here is "MIGHT."  Th liberals are arguing about something that hasn't happened and most likely, probably won't.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:51:46 pm by Applewood »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #655 on: October 03, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »
They said they had concerns when they went to the shooters home about booby traps which was not to be the case from what I've read, so, I'd think they might have had some concerns about going into his hotel room. Sounds like they could have used shock grenades.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #656 on: October 03, 2017, 06:47:09 pm »
They said they had concerns when they went to the shooters home about booby traps which was not to be the case from what I've read, so, I'd think they might have had some concerns about going into his hotel room. Sounds like they could have used shock grenades.

The problem is didn't they find some explosive material in his car (tannerite)?  They may have been cautious in using something like that if the room was wired to go it could take out half the hotel. (not that tannerite could but other explosives could easily). Sometimes, as frustrating as it may seem, slow and careful is far better than barging in with guns blazing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #657 on: October 03, 2017, 06:47:55 pm »
I cant see how any logical thinking person can put blame on the band.

The band, according to my direct experience, is wearing ear plugs and is looking into bright lights. They are likely the very last to know.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #658 on: October 03, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »
The problem is didn't they find some explosive material in his car (tannerite)?  They may have been cautious in using something like that if the room was wired to go it could take out half the hotel. (not that tannerite could but other explosives could easily). Sometimes, as frustrating as it may seem, slow and careful is far better than barging in with guns blazing.

@AbaraXas
They used a breaching charge to go into the room, didnt they?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #659 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:52 pm »

I was out in Vegas a couple years ago and went to one of the shooting ranges.   At the end they put 8lbs of tannerite in these old cabs and we shot them.    The explosion sent the hood about 200 feet up in the air.  Yes its not a HE but it would certainly do a lot of damage and hurt people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #660 on: October 03, 2017, 07:11:18 pm »
The band, according to my direct experience, is wearing ear plugs and is looking into bright lights. They are likely the very last to know.
They played through the first magazine being discharged (started after they did), and apparently saw that something was wrong by the crowd reaction.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #661 on: October 03, 2017, 07:15:56 pm »
@Suppressed
Where is it in our Constitution that free healthcare is as Right protected by the Constitution?    When doctors and nurses start working for free then lets talk.
What he is describing is a perfect Communist government.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #662 on: October 03, 2017, 07:16:32 pm »
Yes its not a HE but it would certainly do a lot of damage and hurt people.

Actually, no... With the windows blown out, it would take a buttload of anything to do any damage. For the most part, an explosion goes where it most easily can. It would probably torch the room, but the explosive force would likely mostly go out the windows.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #663 on: October 03, 2017, 07:22:26 pm »
I was out in Vegas a couple years ago and went to one of the shooting ranges.   At the end they put 8lbs of tannerite in these old cabs and we shot them.    The explosion sent the hood about 200 feet up in the air.  Yes its not a HE but it would certainly do a lot of damage and hurt people.
@AbaraXas
 Yep, Tannerite is an explosive. The question is one of how much he had, not if he had it. Relatively small amounts make for a definitive target 'hit' indicator when shooting a rifle (it takes a fairly energetic hit to set it off), large amounts could do some damage. All we know is that he had some, which describes a lot of people.

It comes in two parts, and those have to be mixed together before use. It is not recommended to leave mixed (two components combined) tannerite laying around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite

Tannerite is the brand name of a patented[1] exploding target used for firearms practice, sold in kit form and containing the components of a binary explosive.[2] The explosive comprises a combination of ammonium nitrate and/or ammonium perchlorate (oxidizers), and a fuel - primarily aluminum powder - that is supplied as two separate powders that are mixed by the user. The combination is relatively stable when subjected to forces less severe than a high-velocity bullet impact, such as a hammer blow, being dropped, or impact from a low-velocity bullet or shotgun blast.[1] It is also not flammable – an explosion cannot be created by a burning fuse or electricity.[3] Because it is sold as two separate powders, it can be transported and sold in many places without the legal restrictions that would otherwise apply to explosives.[4] The target system as a whole is the patented, trademarked product called Tannerite, although the term is often used to refer to the explosive mixture itself, and other combination explosives are often generically referred to as Tannerite.[4]

Since ammonium nitrate is one of the component chemicals of Tannerite, that might account for the Ammonium Nitrate residues found.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #664 on: October 03, 2017, 07:25:16 pm »
Even the police did not know where the shots were coming from, and at first it was assumed multiple gunmen. Obviously with an elevated shooter the best advice would be to run like hell for the nearest cover like a car, structure or wall. But not knowing this a shout on the MC to run could be sending people into a shooters line of fire, where the command to hit the deck and stay low may have been the best option. Not knowing anything about the shooters location any commands shouted from the stage could have been the wrong one.   I cant see how any logical thinking person can put blame on the band.

@NavyCanDo

Right---logical thinking is the key.

All I'm saying is that the singer likely would have been blamed either way---damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #665 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

« Reply #666 on: October 03, 2017, 07:31:36 pm »
@Suppressed

The irony is, most of these SJW types clamoring for this are your burger flippers and baristas of the world. Don't get me wrong – I am not denigrating jobs of the employed. My point is, when we get a government controlled health plan, they are going to decide those $5 combo meals are artery cloggers and the triple mocha lattes are diabetes in a cup. Those people will find themselves SOL for work, with no other skills in the market.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:32:42 pm by edpc »

Offline edpc

« Reply #667 on: October 03, 2017, 07:37:51 pm »
pictures emerge of him spending quality time with her family

I am fairly certain I have seen this dining spread in an INXS video.  Where is Michael Hutchence and the cats?

Offline thackney

« Reply #668 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:41 pm »
@AbaraXas
 Yep, Tannerite is an explosive. The question is one of how much he had, not if he had it. Relatively small amounts make for a definitive target 'hit' indicator when shooting a rifle (it takes a fairly energetic hit to set it off), large amounts could do some damage. All we know is that he had some, which describes a lot of people.

It comes in two parts, and those have to be mixed together before use. It is not recommended to leave mixed (two components combined) tannerite laying around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite

Since ammonium nitrate is one of the component chemicals of Tannerite, that might account for the Ammonium Nitrate residues found.

Police also found the fertilizer ammonium nitrate - which can be used to make bombs - in Paddock's car in Las Vegas on Monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4944234/Two-23-rifles-inside-Stephen-Paddock-s-room.html#ixzz4uTaHoXEr
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #669 on: October 03, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »
Briefing about Las Vegas massacre about to start.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #670 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:01 pm »
Las Vegas Shooter Wired $100,000 to Philippines Last Week
by TOM WINTER, JONATHAN DIENST, PETE WILLIAMS and ANDREW BLANKSTEIN
OCT 3 2017, 3:49 PM ET
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-shooter-wired-100-000-philippines-last-week-n807141

Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to an account in his live-in girlfriend’s home country of the Philippines in the week before he unleashed the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, according to multiple senior law enforcement officials.

But while officials have confirmed that Marilou Danley was in the Philippines on Sunday when Paddock opened fire on a crowd attending a country music festival on the Vegas Strip, it was not known whether the money was for her, her family, or another purpose.

Danley, 62, who had traveled to Hong Kong on Sept. 25, could fill in some of the blanks when she returns to the U.S. on Wednesday, the officials said. Her arrival airport was not known.
[...]

Excerpt.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #671 on: October 03, 2017, 08:08:45 pm »
What are the chances she will ever return to the US?
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #672 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:20 pm »
What are the chances she will ever return to the US?

I read she was planning on returning on Wednesday.  If she's in the PI we could extradite her most likely.   Either that or tell their President she's running drugs and he'd have the police kill her.  He does that.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #673 on: October 03, 2017, 08:15:01 pm »
@AbaraXas
I look forward to seeing it.

Here y'all go.. Feel free to contribute to the subject. We need to rebut these type of questions.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,284109.0.html

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #674 on: October 03, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
Here y'all go.. Feel free to contribute to the subject. We need to rebut these type of questions.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,284109.0.html

Thanks, @AbaraXas!  I hope it spreads far and wide!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn