Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey to Run for President After All? Columnist Calls Her "Democrats' Best Hope for 2020"  (Read 2098 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Will Oprah Winfrey change her mind about running for president?

For years, many fans of the left-leaning media mogul, former talk show host, actress, philanthropist and longtime supporter for former President Barack Obama have yearned for this to happen. The prospects seemed dimmer than ever when Winfrey told The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast in June, "I will never run for public office."

But on Thursday.......

http://www.eonline.com/news/883872/oprah-winfrey-to-run-for-president-after-all-columnist-calls-her-democrats-best-hope-for-2020

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's a sad commentary on the democrat party, but Oprah probably DOES have the best chance to win.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

It's a sad commentary on the democrat party, but Oprah probably DOES have the best chance to win.

Sounds familiar......

..and although she is a yuge lib, I wonder what the Bernie faction of the party will think about a rich, self-made entrepreneur?

Online libertybele

Sounds familiar......

..and although she is a yuge lib, I wonder what the Bernie faction of the party will think about a rich, self-made entrepreneur?

They'll probably see her as a poor black girl that has made it to the top and good for her that she's rich.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They'll probably see her as a poor black girl that has made it to the top and good for her that she's rich.

But has she earned her stripes by kneeling at football games yet?

Offline ABX

That would probably work too. Her story to distract from her controversial positions.

I would suspect she would get a lot of cross-over votes too for those who vote for the story versus the policies.

Unlike Hillary, she is likable too.

I wouldn't be cheering for her run, that's for sure.

Online libertybele

That would probably work too. Her story to distract from her controversial positions.

I would suspect she would get a lot of cross-over votes too for those who vote for the story versus the policies.

The Dems are probably thinking that electing a wealthy celebrity worked for the Pubs, it'll probably work for them.  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

She is very likable but she is also a closet racist who had sense enough to hide it with her TV audience.

Offline corbe

Though I don't think she'd run, this woman would be formidable as a DEM if Trump is the GOP Candidate in 2019, Both TV stars, both have tremendous name recognition, both have about the same net worth @ $3B, where Trump gets Trumped is she's a BLACK WOMAN, obummer would endorse/campaign, galvanizing the rats and this time the Blacks and she owns her own TV Network. Trump would be toast especially if the GOP stays in such disarray, which seems probable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
  Though I don't think she'd run, this woman would be formidable as a DEM if Trump is the GOP Candidate in 2019, Both TV stars, both have tremendous name recognition, both have about the same net worth @ $3B, where Trump gets Trumped is she's a BLACK WOMAN, obummer would endorse/campaign, galvanizing the rats and this time the Blacks and she owns her own TV Network. Trump would be toast especially if the GOP stays in such disarray, which seems probable.

Why would she want the aggravation ... or the pay cut.

But who the heck knows.

I don't think Trump will run again.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hooray - because the last time we elected a black, pop culture darling, closeted bisexual, political neophyte, it was such a resounding success.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online bilo

Good analysis.

Because the Pubs have failed to deliver on any of their big promises and are even preparing to do the opposite with DACA 2018 will be very tough. After that it will be even tougher to do anything that the base will be encouraged by so Oprah running and winning in 2020 is real not that crazy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

She's a genuinely stupid person and has no idea what she is talking about. She would never make it out of the Primaries.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's a genuinely stupid person and has no idea what she is talking about. She would never make it out of the Primaries.

Like the last genuinely stupid person to run....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Much of her goodwill was built on stunts like giving away cars that the sponsor provided and taking credit as if it all came from her pocket. She owns HARPO, Inc, including the subsidiary HARPO Productions and 50% of OWN with the Discovery networks. OPRAH.com reaches a lot of the stay at home TV set, so there is a direct pipeline into the heads of impressionable and emotionally driven people. That makes for an energized, if not rational, base.

Ready-made for democrats, and possibly a force among the impressionable and with a main line into the MSM.  That could be a force, especially with the whole madam president thing and the Obama voter demographic.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the citizens of the United States of America are foolish enough to elect Oprah Winfrey president, then the country deserves what's fate it's gonna get as the result.

As with obama before her, she is but a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She'd solve the North Korea problem with one of her 'favorite things' shows.  You get a meal...and you get a meal....and you get a meal!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LottieDah

She'd solve the North Korea problem with one of her 'favorite things' shows.  You get a meal...and you get a meal....and you get a meal!

Have you ever seen the list of Oprah's "Favorite things"  All over priced.  On the other hand with all the money she has Oprah can provide lots of meals for the starving people of NK.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Hooray - because the last time we elected a black, pop culture darling, closeted bisexual, political neophyte, it was such a resounding success.

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Hmmm ... trying to figure out who the heck you could be talking about ?  Wait!  I think I have it.

Oprah is a lot better than that dude though.  She's a hard worker who has actually made a big success of her life.  Obama had never done a darn thing but hand out pamphlets in inner cities.

I still wouldn't want Oprah on a silver platter ... or even a gold one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmmm ... trying to figure out who the heck you could be talking about ?  Wait!  I think I have it.

Oprah is a lot better than that dude though.  She's a hard worker who has actually made a big success of her life.  Obama had never done a darn thing but hand out pamphlets in inner cities.

I still wouldn't want Oprah on a silver platter ... or even a gold one.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask someone in the know:  How did that thing with Oprah's Road ever turn out?  Is it still blocked and private?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Everybody wins a Free Car.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey, I've been meaning to ask someone in the know:  How did that thing with Oprah's Road ever turn out?  Is it still blocked and private?

Oh, yeah.  We went by it the other day.  You cannot see her compound from the road at all.  There's a tall gate and then a long road.  But at the end of the road is a mansion ... or so the Internet tells me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nice digs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, yeah.  We went by it the other day.  You cannot see her compound from the road at all.  There's a tall gate and then a long road.  But at the end of the road is a mansion ... or so the Internet tells me.

I recall a story a number of years back residents wanted to get a paved highway from one side of the island to the other, and the state was dragging their feet.  Oprah offered to build the road, but then wanted to make it private and it really POed the islanders.  I was just wondering if that got resolved to everybody's satisfaction.  If she ended up with a miles-long driveway, that's fine as long as the residents ended up with their road.
I will NOT comply.