Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey to Run for President After All? Columnist Calls Her "Democrats' Best Hope for 2020"  (Read 2103 times)

Offline aligncare

Much of her goodwill was built on stunts like giving away cars that the sponsor provided and taking credit as if it all came from her pocket. She owns HARPO, Inc, including the subsidiary HARPO Productions and 50% of OWN with the Discovery networks. OPRAH.com reaches a lot of the stay at home TV set, so there is a direct pipeline into the heads of impressionable and emotionally driven people. That makes for an energized, if not rational, base.

Ready-made for democrats, and possibly a force among the impressionable and with a main line into the MSM.  That could be a force, especially with the whole madam president thing and the Obama voter demographic.

Call me a Trump supporter and optimist, but imo by 2020 the country’s economy will have spiked up, with all the financial benefits that bestows on the average voter – jobs, homes, stuff – and bang, Trump sails to reelection.

Oprah would not have the stamina, dedication or skills to mount a two-years run for President.

What is Oprah, the umpteenth celebrity the left says should be running the country?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Call me a Trump supporter and optimist, but imo by 2020 the country’s economy will have spiked up, with all the financial benefits that bestows on the average voter – jobs, homes, stuff – and bang, Trump sails to reelection.

Oprah would not have the stamina, dedication or skills to mount a two-years run for President.

What is Oprah, the umpteenth celebrity the left says should be running the country?

I like optimists ... in fact, I love them.  So much doom and gloom on this forum.

I hope you're right about things looking up and I think you may be.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hmmm ... trying to figure out who the heck you could be talking about ?  Wait!  I think I have it.

Oprah is a lot better than that dude though.  She's a hard worker who has actually made a big success of her life.  Obama had never done a darn thing but hand out pamphlets in inner cities.

I still wouldn't want Oprah on a silver platter ... or even a gold one.

Unfortunately, much of her success has been built on foisting hucksters like Dr Oz, Deepak Chopra, and others, plus her brand of New Age bulls**t on the gullible.  I'm less impressed with her success and more amazed at the naïveté of the people who continually feed Oprah, Tony Robbins, and their ilk hard earned money.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Unfortunately, much of her success has been built on foisting hucksters like Dr Oz, Deepak Chopra, and others, plus her brand of New Age bulls**t on the gullible.  I'm less impressed with her success and more amazed at the naïveté of the people who continually feed Oprah, Tony Robbins, and their ilk hard earned money.

I agree.  Oprah is a huckster and a good one, but I don't trust her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
  Though I don't think she'd run, this woman would be formidable as a DEM if Trump is the GOP Candidate in 2019, Both TV stars, both have tremendous name recognition, both have about the same net worth @ $3B, where Trump gets Trumped is she's a BLACK WOMAN, obummer would endorse/campaign, galvanizing the rats and this time the Blacks and she owns her own TV Network. Trump would be toast especially if the GOP stays in such disarray, which seems probable.

This country keeps getting more like a joke every day.  Trump once wanted Oprah as VP.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/05/153916/donald-trump-oprah-vice-president
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This country keeps getting more like a joke every day.  Trump once wanted Oprah as VP.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/05/153916/donald-trump-oprah-vice-president

Trump was shopping the entire country for that job at one time.  He'd have asked Howdy Doody, if the dummy was still alive.

Heck, I was afraid to answer my phone for a week there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:28:58 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump was shopping the entire country for that job at one time.  He'd have asked Howdy Doody, if the dummy was still alive.

Heck, I was afraid to answer my phone for a week there.
Not me. He can't fire the veep.  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

He is and goes by the name Joe Lieberman, now.  Actually ran for VP in 2000.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He is and goes by the name Joe Lieberman, now.  Actually ran for VP in 2000.

I thought that was the Gerber baby in 2000.  Huh.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not me. He can't fire the veep.  :silly:

That reminds me.  I have to go back to work tomorrow after a one-week vacation.  Help me figure out how to get fired without losing my unemployment....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

That reminds me.  I have to go back to work tomorrow after a one-week vacation.  Help me figure out how to get fired without losing my unemployment....
You can't get fired and not lose your unemployment unless you can prove it was unjustified or the result of racism, etc.

You can, in some states "Quit for cause", which involves misdeeds on the part of your employer or unsafe conditions you have tried to get rectified, of (depending on local laws) trying to involve you in illegal or immoral acts as a condition of your employment. Local laws vary, so consult them, if you are serious. (I'm guessing you aren't.) You will likely have to prove that cause existed.

Otherwise, you have to get laid off.

I'd lay me off, but being self-employed, I'm just going to have to go back to work....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You can't get fired and not lose your unemployment unless you can prove it was unjustified or the result of racism, etc.

You can, in some states "Quit for cause", which involves misdeeds on the part of your employer or unsafe conditions you have tried to get rectified, of (depending on local laws) trying to involve you in illegal or immoral acts as a condition of your employment. Local laws vary, so consult them, if you are serious. (I'm guessing you aren't.) You will likely have to prove that cause existed.

Otherwise, you have to get laid off.

I'd lay me off, but being self-employed, I'm just going to have to go back to work....

Only half-serious.  They laid off so many people around me I can no longer to do any of the jobs competently, and it's killing me.  I used to really enjoy it, too. :shrug: :thud:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

Only half-serious.  They laid off so many people around me I can no longer to do any of the jobs competently, and it's killing me.  I used to really enjoy it, too. :shrug: :thud:
Yeah, I can relate. It sucks when something you really love doing isn't fun any more.

C S Lewis