Author Topic: Trump just picked two conservatives for the 5th Circuit, one of which is Justice Don Willett!!  (Read 7284 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Beer? What type of low class cretin do you think I am? Repeat after me: SINGLE MALT SCOTCH

Dear sir, I wasn't speaking about you.  @corbe previously mentioned something about getting his beer goggles fogged up.

Offline Frank Cannon

Dear sir, I wasn't speaking about you.  @corbe previously mentioned something about getting his beer goggles fogged up.

If this conversation doesn't revolve around me, I am uninterested.

Good day Madam.

Offline corbe

Damn @Frank Cannon an hour ago you loved her, what happen?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

If this conversation doesn't revolve around me, I am uninterested.

Good day Madam.

LOL  Damn, I thought we were talking about me!  You may go back to drinking your beer now.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL  Damn, I thought we were talking about me!  You may go back to drinking your beer now.

Madam. Your rude insult has been duly noted. As I have stated before. Beer is for a certain type of person....

Offline roamer_1

But all I see is faint praise and caveats.  So don't ever give me that song and dance again because I WILL call you on it.

I will give him but faint praise in this - Once bitten, twice shy.
Not his fault, really, but the last 'true blue, well papered 'conservative' judge blew the easiest and most important decision in my lifetime. Roberts has left me eternally reticent where judges are concerned... Praise will come when I see what they DO, not what they say they will do.

Silver Pines

Corbe, if you want to keep me as your girlfriend, you're gonna have to control your other girlfriends.

@Emjay

Sounds kinky.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not his fault, really, but the last 'true blue, well papered 'conservative' judge blew the easiest and most important decision in my lifetime. Roberts has left me eternally reticent where judges are concerned... Praise will come when I see what they DO, not what they say they will do.

*****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LadyLiberty

Yesterday on Michael Berry's pm show, he said that he had it on good authority that Cruz was behind these picks.  He wouldn't say who his source was, but he and Cruz have been good friends for many years.  Michael was aggravated because Cornyn was tweeting about it as if he was involved when he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Interesting that you are holding Roberts against Trump since he had nothing whatsoever to do with that.

We can never KNOW what people will do, but we can make a pretty good guess based on what they HAVE DONE in the past.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yesterday on Michael Berry's pm show, he said that he had it on good authority that Cruz was behind these picks.  He wouldn't say who his source was, but he and Cruz have been good friends for many years.  Michael was aggravated because Cornyn was tweeting about it as if he was involved when he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Interesting.  I'm in shock that Cornyn would try to take credit for something Cruz did.

Well, maybe not that much shock.

Silver Pines

@LadyLiberty

I can believe it.  When Willett tweeted his honor and thanks at being picked, he thanked Cruz.

Offline roamer_1

Interesting that you are holding Roberts against Trump since he had nothing whatsoever to do with that.

It is nothing against Tump. Just that the object of the exercise has less worth in my eyes than it might have prior to Roberts. At this point, judges are a crap-shoot.

We can never KNOW what people will do, but we can make a pretty good guess based on what they HAVE DONE in the past.

RIGHT. Like Presidential candidates. But a field of presidential candidates can be assessed on their record honestly and singularly, by me, myself. And I do research the candidates for high office, and all the candidates for local office.

But judges are a different matter.  With literally hundreds of them coming up, I do not have time to discover the truth of it, and where they are being pimped and polished. So I am forced to take the summary provided, and that is something I will never trust again.

Hence the record is to be considered suspect, as I can only afford a cursory look.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is nothing against Tump. Just that the object of the exercise has less worth in my eyes than it might have prior to Roberts. At this point, judges are a crap-shoot.

RIGHT. Like Presidential candidates. But a field of presidential candidates can be assessed on their record honestly and singularly, by me, myself. And I do research the candidates for high office, and all the candidates for local office.

But judges are a different matter.  With literally hundreds of them coming up, I do not have time to discover the truth of it, and where they are being pimped and polished. So I am forced to take the summary provided, and that is something I will never trust again.

Hence the record is to be considered suspect, as I can only afford a cursory look.

Well, me neither, and I totally understand your caution or cynicism.  But Trump previously vetted a whole list of judges in his search for a good Supreme Court nominee and I think most of them would pass your muster.

Also, Ted Cruz likes these picks and he is the final authority (to me) on judicial matters.

Offline GrouchoTex

I hope Justice Willett still has time to tweet.

@CatherineofAragon

Me too, I follow his tweets.
The can be hilarious.
They are great.
Congratulations, Justice Willett!
I have to say, Trump's court picks have been excellent.

Offline LadyLiberty

He was already gearing up for his next campaign.  I hope someone steps up to the plate to run in his place who is just as good, but I guess it would be up to Gov Abbott to name a replacement in the meantime.

And darn it, I hope Judge Whillett doesn't stop tweeting!

Offline Suppressed

@Emjay

@Emjay

I'm beyond praising the Man anymore for something he was SUPPOSE to do anyway, nominate Conservative Judges, he promised us he would do just that for over a year.  I didn't get all giddy when GWB did the same thing, besides I'll forever be 'labeled' as a Trump hater on TBR anyway and I'm OK with that, though I know in my Heart I hate no one.

:thumbsup:

I will give him due credit for this, and I'm glad for it.  But "praise" -- with the definition some here have -- would be crazy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:thumbsup:

I will give him due credit for this, and I'm glad for it.  But "praise" -- with the definition some here have -- would be crazy.

Nobody is asking for praise or for anyone to get giddy.

But Trump did a good thing with these two judges and a thumbs up wouldn't hurt anybody.

Ever since Trump won I've been trying to support him in any and all of the good things he does.

I owe it to him for beating the beast and getting the Obama/Clinton cabal out of the country ... at least for a while.

I also appreciate the fact that he has infuriated all the leftists elites in the world ... the smug liberal press; the overpaid Hollywood and sports stars and all the liberals.

So, yeah, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

However, I will echo some people who will not be named because I am too good and fine a person for personal insults ... and say I will continue to bash him when he does something bad.

Offline roamer_1

Well, me neither, and I totally understand your caution or cynicism.  But Trump previously vetted a whole list of judges in his search for a good Supreme Court nominee and I think most of them would pass your muster.

Also, Ted Cruz likes these picks and he is the final authority (to me) on judicial matters.

Cynicism is probably the right word... And it will remain strictly enforced generally, and most particularly where judges are concerned.

Like I said, no skin off Tump's knows, but little credit either... at least not up front.

And you are right... If the ACTUAL Conservatives like it, I probably will too.
But then, Cruz HIGHLY recommended Roberts, so...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Cynicism is probably the right word... And it will remain strictly enforced generally, and most particularly where judges are concerned.

Like I said, no skin off Tump's knows, but little credit either... at least not up front.

And you are right... If the ACTUAL Conservatives like it, I probably will too.
But then, Cruz HIGHLY recommended Roberts, so...

Well, yeah.  Cruz was really sorry that he was fooled about that.  He said that Roberts was a stealth candidate without a lot of history so he took him on faith.

I don't blame you for not taking anyone on faith but it's all we can do until we're proven wrong.

Offline aligncare

I agree, @DiogenesLamp.  I'm totally with you on that one.  I fought bitterly against Trump during the primaries and there's nothing anybody can say about him that I don't already know and haven't already said.

I would have been content with the 'he ain't Hillary' thing so some people sneer at that but it is true

He ain't Hillary.

But he has done some good things that have become lost in the horse latitudes because he makes himself look ridiculous with his tweeting and because this Republican Congress we have refuses to pass anything we want.

I’m really surprised you don’t see his tweets as part of the reason why he prevails in so many these public battles over ideas and issues?

Contrary to naysayers, he is moving his agenda forward, despite (and I say because of) his combative tweets. With every tweet he’s showing us what he thinks and who he is, a fighter. And he’s winning more than his critics believed he would. The tweets are part of the reason why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I’m really surprised you don’t see his tweets as part of the reason why he prevails in so many these public battles over ideas and issues?

Contrary to naysayers, he is moving his agenda forward, despite (and I say because of) his combative tweets. With every tweet he’s showing us what he thinks and who he is, a fighter. And he’s winning more than his critics believed he would. The tweets are part of the reason why.

As much as this my surprise you, I agree!  He has found a way around the media filter and is using it quite effectively.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

As much as this my surprise you, I agree!  He has found a way around the media filter and is using it quite effectively.

:beer:

I think it reinforces his outsider status and shows him focused on the issues people are talking about. Twitter helps him connect with people, sorta like he’s the ‘every man’ chatting around the water cooler. That bothers some, not me. Trump ‘updated’ the presidency.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:41:08 pm by aligncare »

Offline DiogenesLamp

I get this about his tweets.  They are an effective strategy on several fronts.  For one thing it allows him to bypass the Media censors and communicate his thinking directly to the public.   

He uses tweets to highlight issues on which he wishes people to focus.  His tweet about Obama wiretapping him has now been shown to be pretty much true.   His "rocketman"  tweet about Kim Jong Un has had an article written about it over at Instapundit suggesting it is a very good psyops tactic for undermining the Dictator.   His tweet about Football players disrespecting the Anthem and the Flag is a guaranteed winner.  It has exposed how anti-american is the NFL,  and it has reemphasized how important it is for people to respect our nation.   To show how successful it is,  all the football teams will eventually be standing for the anthem.  None are going to disrespect it,  and it's going to look like Trump beat them.   

People think Trump's tweets are just idiocy,   but there is a larger game going on here,  and his tweets are an effective tool in winning it.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Me too, I follow his tweets.
The can be hilarious.
They are great.
Congratulations, Justice Willett!
I have to say, Trump's court picks have been excellent.
[/quote

@GrouchoTex

He's very funny. 

Yes, he's definitely slammed the court picks out of the park.  No argument.