Author Topic: Trump just picked two conservatives for the 5th Circuit, one of which is Justice Don Willett!!  (Read 7283 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
  @Emjay

@Emjay

I'm beyond praising the Man anymore for something he was SUPPOSE to do anyway, nominate Conservative Judges, he promised us he would do just that for over a year.  I didn't get all giddy when GWB did the same thing, besides I'll forever be 'labeled' as a Trump hater on TBR anyway and I'm OK with that, though I know in my Heart I hate no one.

You're good with me @corbe.  Always have been.   :beer:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:38:50 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
  @Emjay

@Emjay

I'm beyond praising the Man anymore for something he was SUPPOSE to do anyway, nominate Conservative Judges, he promised us he would do just that for over a year.  I didn't get all giddy when GWB did the same thing, besides I'll forever be 'labeled' as a Trump hater on TBR anyway and I'm OK with that, though I know in my Heart I hate no one.

Oh, c'mon, Corbe.  Just because Trump promised conservative judges should not stop you from applauding when he appoints them.

It won't actually kill (or even slightly hurt) you to praise Trump when he does something good.  You should try it.  You will feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I've never put you in the Trump hater category but it's totally obvious that you dislike him and that it's very hard for you to praise anything he does.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
LOL.  I pick the honest man, which Trump is not.  That doesn't mean you should trust anyone but God Almighty 100%.  Neither does it require me to not acknowledge any good thing the man does.  It is not about people and personalities.

I'll answer your quote with this one:

"In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate, look to his character. The scriptures teach that rulers should be men who rule in the fear of God, able men, men of truth, hating covetousness. It is to the neglect of this rule that we must ascribe the multified frauds, breaches of trust, and embezzlement of public property which tarnish the character of our country and disgrace government. When a citizen gives his vote to a man of known immorality, he abuses his civic responsibility, he sacrifices not only his interest, but that of his neighbor; he betrays the interest of his country." Noah Webster, 1823

:hands:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If someone (?)  wants to insult me here, he or she will need to be more direct.

I've just pointed out some hard truth.  Deal with it.

Offline corbe

@Emjay I like President Trump better than I would have liked President hellary, that's all the praise I'm capable of. 
   Later when my beer goggles get all fogged up I may think differently, I'll ping you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Looks like all the people who claim to support Trump when he does something good are managing to control their enthusiasm.

@Emjay

And there she is, the PA queen, with her new game of posting indirectly without using names.  Cut the crap.

I said I was as warm as I can be toward this news.  What do you want?  Screaming in all caps?

You're not gonna get it, so adjust.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The time for harping on the fact that Trump is not Noah Webster's definition of a good man, or even my definition should be over by now.

Right now, we should be concentrating on what he can and will do as President to make ... wait a minute ... it's on the tip of my tongue.  Oh, yeah, America better again.

Anything he does in that cause should be appreciated and applauded.

Silver Pines

All I know is I see a bunch of people (how many is a bunch anyway?) ... okay, well, several people who vow over and over that they support Trump when he does something good.

This is good.  Liberal judges are killing us and Trump is making headway.

But all I see is faint praise and caveats.  So don't ever give me that song and dance again because I WILL call you on it.

@Emjay, just do the world a favor and shut the hell up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Continuing to post without using names, I must say that 'someone' obviously referred to me as 'she' and lied about me, but I do not respond to some people on this forum because I don't want to be called the names they have handy in their repertoire.

So, deal with that as well.

Offline RoosGirl

If someone (?)  wants to insult me here, he or she will need to be more direct.

I've just pointed out some hard truth.  Deal with it.

So obtuse.  You know damn good and well I'm talking about you.  A woman who gave her word that she would stop with the 'y'all don't say anything nice about Trump' wah wah if proved that just one person said something nice about him.  You were provided a link with several examples.  And now have gone back on your word.  Did you forget or are a woman of low integrity? @Emjay <---- just to make double dog sure you know I am talking to you.

PS The first comment was not meant as an insult, just an observation.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

I'm warm as I can be toward this action, but I take Trump on a case by case basis.

Frankly he is turning out better than I expected.  I expected him to break faith with "those that brung him"  on many occasions,  especially regarding social conservativism. 

I thought I would have four years of consoling myself with "well at least he's not Hillary",  but he has actually offered me some positive reasons for having him as President. 

He is putting more effort into keeping his promises than I thought he would. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Oh, yeah.  His judge picks have been impeccable, along with a lot of other picks for heads of agencies.

I really like Betsy.  Schools in inner cities are a nightmare and the teachers unions make it worse.  There was a statistic sent to me that teachers in unions are ten times as likely to take sick days as other teachers.  She is supporting charter schools and school choice.

Trump also just lifted the ban that was keeping ships from going to Puerto Rico for aid.

And, apparently, he has won the football wars.  All the teams are backing down now.

Like I said,  for some reason that D@mned fool just keeps on winning!    :) 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Frankly he is turning out better than I expected.  I expected him to break faith with "those that brung him"  on many occasions,  especially regarding social conservativism. 

I thought I would have four years of consoling myself with "well at least he's not Hillary",  but he has actually offered me some positive reasons for having him as President. 

He is putting more effort into keeping his promises than I thought he would.

I agree, @DiogenesLamp.  I'm totally with you on that one.  I fought bitterly against Trump during the primaries and there's nothing anybody can say about him that I don't already know and haven't already said.

I would have been content with the 'he ain't Hillary' thing so some people sneer at that but it is true

He ain't Hillary.

But he has done some good things that have become lost in the horse latitudes because he makes himself look ridiculous with his tweeting and because this Republican Congress we have refuses to pass anything we want.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The time for harping on the fact that Trump is not Noah Webster's definition of a good man, or even my definition should be over by now.

Right now, we should be concentrating on what he can and will do as President to make ... wait a minute ... it's on the tip of my tongue.  Oh, yeah, America better again.

Anything he does in that cause should be appreciated and applauded.

I am glad he is appointing good judges.  But I can still hold his feet to the fire on every other issue.  And I will.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I am glad he is appointing good judges.  But I can still hold his feet to the fire on every other issue.  And I will.

As everyone should.   Exact same with those in the House and Senate.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Looks like all the people who claim to support Trump when he does something good are managing to control their enthusiasm.
Look dear, I'm a mite old for cartwheels. What do you want? He is doing his job as he should, this time. I am happy if these are good Conservative picks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Look dear, I'm a mite old for cartwheels. What do you want? He is doing his job as he should, this time. I am happy if these are good Conservative picks.

Take my word for it.  They are!  Anyone would have been hard pressed to find better IMHO!

How about the guy from ND Trump nominated for the 8th circuit today?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:10:20 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Take my word for it.  They are!  Anyone would have been hard pressed to find better IMHO!

How about the guy from ND Trump nominated for the 8th circuit today?
Which one? I missed that arguing with some guy about >bleep<.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Which one? I missed that arguing with some guy about >bleep<.

Check your mentions.  I know I pinged you to the thread.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

Adding a Ho to the 5th Circuit cant be all bad, these guys are way stressed out as it is.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

Adding a Ho to the 5th Circuit cant be all bad, these guys are way stressed out as it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCiDEXuxxA

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Meldrew

I can't imagine that he's been itching to nominate Willets et. al. since the primaries in an effort to keep his promises. He has some people, they gave him a list. He nominated the folks on the list. The personal achievement here for Trump is that he "endorsed" another human for a position so soon after his faux pax with Mr. Strange . 

Good on him and good choices all around.  I'll save my cartwheels though for when he does something a little less passive. 

Offline corbe

I was thinking more along the lines of Ms. Mary Ho. @RoosGirl

Offline RoosGirl

I was thinking more along the lines of Ms. Mary Ho. @RoosGirl

That does not look like tiny bubbles.