Author Topic: McConnell, GOP Senate brace for Roy Moore  (Read 23371 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: McConnell, GOP Senate brace for Roy Moore
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »
Please show me where the USSC has a "separation of church and state."
:2popcorn:

Move over, I can't wait to hear this... :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:25 pm »
Moore is no true Conservative - he's a religious troglodyte who's twice been removed from his position as a judge for defying the rulings of other courts.

@Jazzhead

Yep. He's a crackpot. Similar to Paul Broun. We dodged a bullet with Broun. We weren't so lucky with Moore.  **nononono*

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:44 pm »

Uh Oh.   The Moderators are going to declare this a religious discussion and censor it.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2017, 08:56:59 pm »
Cheezes, @Smokin Joe ....   All the virtue in the world doesn't guarantee success in the REAL world.   Among being known as a stand-up guy, it just makes one a sad footnote in forum history.   

It's good that @INVAR has a couple/few running to his defense.   Hurry...he may be around in the alley.  Look up! You may be able to hear him.  But hurry!   :laugh:
Nothing guarantees 'success' in the "REAL world". Nothing. But then, I guess that depends on your definition of "success", too.

Some of us look beyond this world to the promise of the next. We're only here for a little while, and that fifteen seconds of 'fame' really isn't so important. Fame? Fortune? Meh. We'll be there for a lot longer, when this world is done. It isn't what we have here so much, as what we leave behind: ideas, standards, beliefs, wisdom, and a scattering of toys and trinkets as a physical reminder. That I have more than I need is ample blessing.

As far as being a stand-up guy, yep, I value that--especially living in a rural area, and in so being, am an example to all who know me, and the kin who will follow me. I have people who will deal with me on my word and a handshake, and know they won't get screwed--and people I can deal with the same way. Our word is our bond. We save a fortune on lawyers and we all sleep well at night.
I arrived here with little as a younger man, and now my family is housed well, fed, clothed, has transport, and while we don't live in ostentatious luxury, everything is paid for and we don't want for anything, so I consider that 'success'--and I didn't have to screw anyone to get that.

YMMV. @INVAR would be welcome any time, but do come in by the alley, the street is all torn up 'cause the county has a construction crew working on it. :laugh:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2017, 08:57:47 pm »
I love it when Eany, Meany, Miney and Moe get upset about a conservative potentially heading for Congress.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:37 pm »
Well, there's like, four of them... So maybe just get together for a beer and some backslapping.  :shrug:

This is actually not that far off.   Many a true word is said in jest.   

I now think more than half of our Senators have been  co-opted by the Deep-State-Crony-Capitalist system of Washington DC.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2017, 09:01:10 pm »
Well, he certainly won without Trump support.

"Draining the Swamp"  is bigger than Trump.   I've seen other people writing articles to the effect that "Trumpism is bigger than Trump."   

Trump is our current standard bearer,  but our Army exists even without him. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »

See the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

See Everson v. Board of Education

See Lemon v. Kurtzmann
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2017, 09:04:16 pm »
I love it when Eany, Meany, Miney and Moe get upset about a conservative potentially heading for Congress.

He's a nutcase, not a conservative.   

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:25 pm »
Moore is no true Conservative - he's a religious troglodyte who's twice been removed from his position as a judge for defying the rulings of other courts.   

The factually incorrect and bastardized made up rulings of other "courts."   I applaud him for that.  It's long past time we told the courts to go F*** themselves when they come up with these ridiculous and asinine rulings.   

The 14th amendment was created to protect the rights of freed slaves,  not create a right to abortion, and other abominations made up by the courts.    It's long past time we stopped obeying the courts when they proclaim such deliberate lies.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:28 pm »

Even if that so-called conservative is a complete assclown?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:19 pm »

See Lemon v. Kurtzmann
The First Amendment says no such thing, so that is a repeated lie.

The others are courts, not the Constitution.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2017, 09:14:02 pm »
Another attempt to move goalposts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2017, 09:16:23 pm »

See Lemon v. Kurtzmann

Wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2017, 09:17:50 pm »

Your opinion is noted  but I will guarantee you that HE knows EXACTLY what's in the Constitution and what isn't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2017, 09:20:22 pm »

See Lemon v. Kurtzmann

Citations every Liberal and Marxist spews from rote.

I laugh at your spurn of Populists and Nationalists when Godless State-imposed Communism is your bag.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2017, 09:20:29 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2017, 09:21:41 pm »

I don't get why people here continue to argue with someone who clearly lacks the ability to read and interpret plain English.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

RAT Patrol

« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »

Why?  Because he doesn't believe federal judges are our masters under the Constitution?

Thomas Jefferson (author of our nation’s founding document) “To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions (is) a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2017, 09:23:16 pm »

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"? 

This is not an "establishment clause"  insofar as people are wont to suggest it is.   You would have been better off invoking the "religious test" portion of the US Constitution,  but that wouldn't have actually helped your argument either. 

According to the original meaning at the time,  it meant that there would be no Officially Sanctioned State Religion,  insofar as the citizenry would be required to be a member of it or pay tithes to it, or promulgate it's doctrine.   It was a necessary step to prevent the blowing apart of the coalition of states that had different official state religions.   

That the Nation was going to be explicitly Christian was a given,  and implicit in all the founding documents and even in the US Constitution itself,  where it exempts the President from working on Sundays and acknowledges Jesus Christ as "Our Lord"  at the end. 

People keep trying to apply modern feelings to it which were only put into place in the 1940s,  after all the Roosevelt appointed Kook Judges had achieved maximum kookery on the Supreme Court.   

See Lemon v. Kurtzmann

Garbage in,  garbage out.  Court rulings after 1940 are just legal sounding gibberish.   The 14th amendment was created to protect the rights of freed slaves,  not abolish religion in the States.   That is a a deliberate mis-application of the badly written 14th amendment.

What the 14th amendment was not created to do. 

It was not created to make a right to abortion. 

It was not created to ban religion. 

It was not created to make the children of illegal aliens into citizens. 

It was not created to make homosexual acts legal. 

It was not created to rewrite the "natural born citizen" clause of the Constitution. 

And so forth. 

The 14th amendment is the most bastardized and abused amendment in the Constitution,  and much of the damage can be attributed to how badly it was written,  and how illegally it was passed.   

— Lord Melbourne —

RAT Patrol

« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »
I don't get why people here continue to argue with someone who clearly lacks the ability to read and interpret plain English.

Like all good liberals no matter which political label they claim.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2017, 09:24:28 pm »

That's your opinion; like noses everybody's got 'em.  But the opinions of the Supreme Court are authoritative with respect to the question posed.   That's how things work in this Constitutional Republic.   No laws respecting an establishment of religion.  Separation of church and state.  Learn it. Live it. And don't bother me any more with your bullshit.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2017, 09:24:30 pm »
Not wrong.

Establishment clause ensures there is not a state founded "official religion" of the U.S. similiar to what you have with the Church of England.

There is no "Church of The United States" with the president as it's "Pope".

That is all the establishment clause is supposed to prevent.

There is no wall of separation.  That was one of those mythical parts of the Constitution your good buddy and Klan member Hugo Black inserted in there for his own anti religion purposes.

Kinda like you're doing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2017, 09:24:51 pm »

Assclowns, troglodytes, bigots, homophobes.... there are so many labels and tags biblical Christians who actually stand up for what they believe in this society now regards them as.

And people wonder why the country is declining into oblivion at the rate that it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »

It is the inmates who have been running the asylum for far too long.  Judge Moore is one of the guys in white coats that run around with nets to catch the kooks.   We need more kook catchers in the Senate and on the Federal bench.   

Too many kooks running around now. 

— Lord Melbourne —