Author Topic: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview  (Read 17499 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2017, 03:34:12 pm »
The Declaration promised every American, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I do not agree with Roy Moore’s prior statements on homosexuality.

Which is not to say that I agree with the type of gay agenda illustrated by pride parades. I guess I’m of two minds (which makes me twice as smart!). :silly:
So you think that men are 'endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right' to do that which is not only unadvisable for health reasons but what that orifice was not constructed for in acts which have no purpose in "going forth and multiplying", at least without a calculator?  Seems if The Almighty had had that in mind, he would have created a self-lubricating and more durable orifice that didn't ordinarily serve as a waste dump. Oh wait!....He did! It just isn't on a guy.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:16 pm »
So many Christians spout their condemnation of homosexuals, but the real sins are adultery and faithlessness.   

That is not biblical.  That is only your own opinion, which is worthless.

What undermines religion and the stability of families is adultery.   I respect anyone who marries and makes it work for the long term.  It's not easy.  Whether they marry in the sight of God isn't what's important - it's the sincerity and sanctity of the commitment the couple makes to each other.

We're not interested in the gospel according to Jazzhead.  It's evil, blasphemous, twisted, perverted and sick.  You cherry pick truths and sentiments to weave them into current social justice as a religion you ascribe to the Creator and His Redemption - but the reality is that you are doing what the Serpent did in the Garden with your perversion of scripture.  No Christian or Jew should regard anything you have to say in matters of faith - because you are simply denouncing the faith once delivered for the god of your imagination.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2017, 03:40:09 pm »
Sorry, for the misstep. It’s the pressure to be brief.

I certainly understand that!

There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around as to what are our rights and what are the government's rights.  That's why I felt compelled to make that clear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2017, 03:40:57 pm »
So does God.

Really?  Where does God say it should be illegal?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:16 pm »
In some cases, yes.  And that might be enough to justify a public policy of acceptance.  I support such a policy, except for the public spending implications of recognizing gay marriage.  In a perfect world, the government would be out of the marriage business altogether, and marriage would be a religious ceremony with no public fiscal implications.  Since the world isn't perfect, I guess it's fair that gays be allowed to marry.  I am under no delusions that most of them are "born that way."

Based on what is now known (subject to change as we find more and more genetic markers for things), homosexuality starts as a fixation, then graduates to a compulsion, then an addiction (or "lifestyle" if you prefer).  People become fixated based on stimuli available to them in the external environment.  If this is true, then as the number of stimuli promoting the gay lifestyle in the external environment increases, so too would the rate of homosexuality, and that is exactly what we have seen.

In the case of transgenders, it is always a case of graduating from fixation to compulsion to addiction. The number of positive stimuli promoting transgenders in the external environment has increased tremendously in the past 10 years or so, and we have seen a huge increase in the number of transgenders.  In fact, Gen Z is obsessed with the idea of "gender fluidity." 

One point - transgenderism is very, very different from plain ol' homosexuality.  They shouldn't be lumped together.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2017, 03:48:11 pm »
One point - transgenderism is very, very different from plain ol' homosexuality.  They shouldn't be lumped together.

While I agree, the left lumps them together.  They are treated as equivalent in the soup of identity politics, and that causes a lot of people to regard them as equivalent.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2017, 03:50:15 pm »

I figure that as long as they don’t engage in lewd public behavior, or try to make the case for equivalency between the behaviors, who they choose (or are compelled) to love doesn’t affect my pursuit of happiness.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2017, 03:51:47 pm »
I figure that as long as they don’t engage in lewd public behavior, or try to make the case for equivalency between the behaviors, who they choose (or are compelled) to love doesn’t affect my pursuit of happiness.

I ask that because I am currently reading Paul's discourses on legalism.  He was very much against it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2017, 03:52:12 pm »

Nowhere that I know of does "God" say it is illegal.  But it is indisputable that both the Old and New Testaments declare it to be immoral.  While Jesus would have loved homosexuals, just as he loved all people, he would most certainly have admonished them to "go and sin no more." 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2017, 03:55:35 pm »
Nowhere that I know of does "God" say it is illegal.  But it is indisputable that both the Old and New Testaments declare it to be immoral.  While Jesus would have loved homosexuals, just as he loved all people, he would most certainly have admonished them to "go and sin no more."

Absolutely, the OT and NT as the inspired Word of God declare it to be immoral.  I don't question that.  Having secular government seek to enforce that I do question.  (channeling Yoda?)

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #360 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »
What cities other than Sodom and Gomorrah did God personally destroy? If that isn't a sufficient statement of disapproval, what is?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #361 on: September 27, 2017, 04:13:45 pm »

"I the LORD do not change." - Malachi 3:6
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

It was not only illegal under the Covenant the Ancient Israelites agreed to be governed by for their rescue from slavery in Egypt - it was a sin punishable by death.

If a man has sex with a man, as he would have sex with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13, also known as the Law, the Torah.

While we no longer have a physical theocracy we are covenanted under in matters of governance, those who call themselves Christians are covenanted spiritually - and this abomination still earns death.  Eternal death at that:

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God? - I Corinthians 6:9-10

I do not advocate for secular Federal government to be empowered to do morality patrols.  Self governance worked fine in matters of morality in the culture on these shores for two centuries and built the greatest nation the world had ever known in a ridiculously short amount of time.  I have no problem with ordinances in local jurisdictions be enforced to punish and criminalize lewd and society-destroying behavior, and local peoples having the power to shame behavior that is perverted and will infringe upon their liberty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #362 on: September 27, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »
"I the LORD do not change." - Malachi 3:6
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

It was not only illegal under the Covenant the Ancient Israelites agreed to be governed by for their rescue from slavery in Egypt - it was a sin punishable by death.

If a man has sex with a man, as he would have sex with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13, also known as the Law, the Torah.

While we no longer have a physical theocracy we are covenanted under in matters of governance, those who call themselves Christians are covenanted spiritually - and this abomination still earns death.  Eternal death at that:

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God? - I Corinthians 6:9-10

I do not advocate for secular Federal government to be empowered to do morality patrols.  Self governance worked fine in matters of morality in the culture on these shores for two centuries and built the greatest nation the world had ever known in a ridiculously short amount of time.  I have no problem with ordinances in local jurisdictions be enforced to punish and criminalize lewd and society-destroying behavior, and local peoples having the power to shame behavior that is perverted and will infringe upon their liberty.

OK, I think we generally agree. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:25:23 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
I'll admit I've not read all 15 pages of this thread, so I may have missed it.  But, what's the plan of action here?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »
So you think that men are 'endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right' to do that which is not only unadvisable for health reasons but what that orifice was not constructed for in acts which have no purpose in "going forth and multiplying", at least without a calculator?

What, like a mouth? 

So all acts between husband and wife are wrong, except for the ol' missionary, eh?

Seems if The Almighty had had that in mind, he would have created a self-lubricating and more durable orifice that didn't ordinarily serve as a waste dump. Oh wait!....He did! It just isn't on a guy.

The Almighty ran a waste line through the recreational area.  But if you're going to ask questions like that, then why did He put pleasure receptors up within that orifice?  When the sexual differentiation occurs in embryos, many structures are lost or changed going to male from female, but both males and females have those pleasure receptors up there.  Did He goof?  Leave some excess sprue like the appendix?  And why would it even matter?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2017, 04:45:35 pm »

@massadvj
God says that sex is between married people only.  And that marriage is between one man and one woman.   

Are you really going to parse words with God?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »
Sure. Anything that’s legal. Even if others disagree or disapprove of the things you do that make you happy.

@aligncare
Isn't that what we are talking about, whats legal and whats not?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »
What, like a mouth? 
Pretty obvious what a mouth was made for.
So all acts between husband and wife are wrong, except for the ol' missionary, eh?
Your words, not mine.
The Almighty ran a waste line through the recreational area. 
And there are sewer lines under playgrounds. What's your point? You want to go play in the sewer, that's up to you.
But if you're going to ask questions like that, then why did He put pleasure receptors up within that orifice?  When the sexual differentiation occurs in embryos, many structures are lost or changed going to male from female, but both males and females have those pleasure receptors up there.  Did He goof?  Leave some excess sprue like the appendix?  And why would it even matter?
From what I have been told, Heroin feels good, too. There are pleasure receptors for opiates. That doesn't mean we want people running around addicted to smack, now, does it? But hey, if it feels good, it must be right, right?  **nononono*

It's self correcting: 1.3 million walking dead people with HIV/AIDS in the US alone is a good start. If it's such a good thing, why is that?

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2017, 04:50:24 pm »
If its a "small portion" then its not normal.

@driftdiver

TIL, talented athletes are not "normal". 

Geniuses are not "normal".

People with AB- blood are not "normal".

Millionaires are not "normal".

A white cat is not "normal".

I guess we already knew that redheads aren't normal.    :tongue2:

But the problem is, you're using the ambiguity of the word "normal" to confuse the issue, when a better choice for what you're saying is "normative".  All of these things, and homosexuality, are normal if not normative.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2017, 04:51:08 pm »
@massadvj
God says that sex is between married people only.  And that marriage is between one man and one woman.   

Are you really going to parse words with God?

I really enjoy and back about all that you write DD and respect your background. But in the case of marriage, would one say the Bible has polygamous marriages? Usually by Kings... but I'm not sure if the theology does say "marriage is only between one man and one woman", though that is my definition and largely the definition in the West since forever.... with a few exceptions.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2017, 04:56:00 pm »
Pretty obvious what a mouth was made for.

Yes, it has many purposes.

Your words, not mine.

Your reasoning, not mine.

And there are sewer lines under playgrounds. What's your point? You want to go play in the sewer, that's up to you.

That waste line runs right where marital relations are enjoyed.

As for the second part, the whole point of this thread is that some people think it's not up to me where and how I play!

From what I have been told, Heroin feels good, too. There are pleasure receptors for opiates. That doesn't mean we want people running around addicted to smack, now, does it? But hey, if it feels good, it must be right, right?  **nononono*

I'm not the one talking about The Almighty's design and how that supposedly shows our only path of behavior!

It's self correcting: 1.3 million walking dead people with HIV/AIDS in the US alone is a good start.

Wow.  Just wow.

Are your services for Thanatos held locally?
+++++++++

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2017, 04:56:35 pm »
I ask that because I am currently reading Paul's discourses on legalism.  He was very much against it.

Oh, would you and I have some fun, sittin  on the porch...
Paul is so often misinterpreted.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2017, 04:59:31 pm »
@driftdiver

TIL, talented athletes are not "normal". 

Geniuses are not "normal".

People with AB- blood are not "normal".

Millionaires are not "normal".

A white cat is not "normal".

I guess we already knew that redheads aren't normal.    :tongue2:

But the problem is, you're using the ambiguity of the word "normal" to confuse the issue, when a better choice for what you're saying is "normative".  All of these things, and homosexuality, are normal if not normative.

@Suppressed
Words have meaning, normal means "the usual, average, or typical state or condition."   So because gays only make up 1.5% of the population that makes them atypical or abnormal.     Now peoples blood types and their hair color are determined by their genetics.    Being Gay is not, it is a learned behavior according to available science. 

BUT...the homosexual lobby isn't content with just forcing gayness down everyones throat.  No they are attaching a whole host of other cultural issues with their lifestyle choice

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »

Leviticus 18

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2017, 05:01:02 pm »
Are your services for Thanatos held locally?
With that insult we're done, here.

You are the one advocating the act which has caused that death and so much more and I am speaking against it.

Who serves who? Wages of sin, and all that.

C S Lewis