Author Topic: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”  (Read 11619 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »
If anything is true in this entire known universe, it is that almost anyone is better than Hillary and that includes Trump.

@Emjay
I don't see that. If we're getting the same crap anyway, at least it would have been blamed on Democrats in that case.

Now it's all to be credited to Republicans, too often conflated with Conservatism. Not only do we get to eat our damn peas, but it is made to look like we asked for them.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »
Trump won by espousing certain principles and he needs to stick to them. 

Point of order: No he didn't.

But I see what you mean.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »
I just read your post again. 

You never thought Trump was better than Hillary?  Really?  Honestly?

Wow!

Yes, really, honestly.
A liberal is a liberal. You might as well ask me if Pelosi is better than Hillary... I see no difference at all... as seems to be being proven, even as we speak.

Silver Pines

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »
@RoosGirl @CatherineofAragon

I wanted to respond but I made the decision that we would never truly get along and that we are not good for each other.  I felt that if I responded to either of you in the future, you would again get so angry at me that it would bring out the worst in you.

None of us want to see that again, at least I don't.  So, without bearing any ill will, I will stick by my choice to not engage either of you good ladies.

@Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2017, 07:43:36 pm »
Here's one way Trump is better than Hillary.  He appointed Betsy Devos, a wonderful woman who actually cares about education for everyone.

Here is one thing she just did ... that Hillary wouldn't have done in a million years.

Betsy DeVos removed Obama’s guidelines on college campuses regarding sexual assault. These rules were extremely unfair to the man and assumed that he was guilty before any investigation. It was pretty much against everything this country stands for.

“The sad reality is that lady justice is not blind on campuses today. This unraveling of justice is shameful, it’s wholly un-American. There must be a better way forward. Every survivor of sexual misconduct must be taken seriously. Every student accused of sexual misconduct must know that guilt is not predetermined,” said DeVos in a speech.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2017, 07:46:02 pm »
      @Emjay Can you PM Mod8 and talk he/she/it into putting me on Ignore?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2017, 07:46:04 pm »

I wanted to respond but I made the decision that we would never truly get along and that we are not good for each other.  I felt that if I responded to either of you in the future, you would again get so angry at me that it would bring out the worst in you.

None of us want to see that again, at least I don't.  So, without bearing any ill will, I will stick by my choice to not engage either of you good ladies.

Worse

Country

Song

Ever.

(Just kiddin' around)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2017, 07:49:59 pm »
Here's one way Trump is better than Hillary.  He appointed Betsy Devos, a wonderful woman who actually cares about education for everyone.

@Emjay

:|

And Mussolini made the trains run on time.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline MOD8

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2017, 07:54:34 pm »

*look*

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2017, 07:55:38 pm »

Perhaps it is the way you word things that makes it seem like you are pointing the finger at someone else that grates me so; "get so angry at me that it would bring out the worst in you."  It gives the impression you think yourself completely blameless in whatever words have been tossed back and forth.  Meh, whatever.  I tried.  I know neither of us are heartbroken.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2017, 07:55:55 pm »

Cute.  But I would never put you on ignore.  In fact, I only have one person on ignore, but there are quite a few that I just ignore on my own.

The hysteria and ignorance on this thread is a little depressing but I have to go on with my life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »

*look*

Oh dear, I don't think Mod8 appreciates being called an "it".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »
@Emjay

:|

And Mussolini made the trains run on time.  :shrug: :whistle:

If anyone charges you with rape, I hope you don't mind the Hillary rules.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »
The hysteria and ignorance on this thread is a little depressing but I have to go on with my life.

It's not just this thread but several today....the personal insults are out of control.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »
Here's a little something for everyone who wishes Hillary had won because "there isn't any difference.'

The New Yorker had this cover all planned and ready.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online corbe

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2017, 08:06:29 pm »
   I'm outta here, gonna go to my favorite Brewery, hopefully Mod8 will be back asleep by the time I get back.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2017, 08:17:05 pm »
   I'm outta here, gonna go to my favorite Brewery, hopefully Mod8 will be back asleep by the time I get back.

A man in Safeway yesterday was following me really closely.  When I turned around, he said, I was following the Bud Lite.  I said, well, follow me home and you can have one.

I must not have looked my best because he declined. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
It's not just this thread but several today....the personal insults are out of control.

I know.  I need to get outta here.  I have a puppy to walk and 8 episodes of the original Star Trek taped.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
Here's a little something for everyone who wishes Hillary had won because "there isn't any difference.'

I don't think anyone said they wished Hillary had won.  I certainly did not.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2017, 08:29:07 pm »

IIRC,

(had to be pulled from newsstands) I'd love to have scored a copy....only 17 are alleged to have been sold. It would be up there with 'Dewey Wins!"
Newsweek, it turns out, didn't publish the commemorative edition. That was done by Topix Media Lab, a New York specialty publisher that produces one-off special editions for many media companies...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/madam-president-newsweek-copies-sale-online-buyer-beware-n690411
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2017, 09:27:41 pm »
If anyone charges you with rape, I hope you don't mind the Hillary rules.

@Emjay
I don't think it will matter much anyway. Liberal courts will do whatever they want to, regardless of the law. They'll find a new penumbra and away we go sommore, so meh.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2017, 09:30:51 pm »

@Emjay
Who here said they wish Hillary had won?

I'm glad Hillary didn't win. I just wish Tump hadn't won either. No relief in that. No 'whew, we dodged a bullet' when you get hit with another.

Oceander

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2017, 10:17:22 pm »
Trump(D) thanks you for your support. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2017, 10:24:24 pm »
@Emjay
Who here said they wish Hillary had won?

I'm glad Hillary didn't win. I just wish Tump hadn't won either. No relief in that. No 'whew, we dodged a bullet' when you get hit with another.

Yeah, that's the kind of accusation, for lack of a better word, that turns a civil discussion into a not so civil one.  I am not sophisticated with my words.  Like I joked with @Wingnut one time, if I could communicate in clicks and grunts that would suit me.  There's no hidden meaning in anything I say.  When I say "I wish Trump had not won." that doesn't mean that I wish Hillary had.  It just means exactly the words that I wrote.  But, everyone here, that has been here for any length of time, knows that neither you nor I wish that Hillary had won, and suggesting so is just trolling for an argument and purposely trying to frustrate people.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:46:31 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2017, 10:28:36 pm »
When I say "I wish Trump had not won." that doesn't mean that I wish Hillary had.  It just means exactly the words that I wrote.  But, everyone here, that has been here for any length of time, knows that neither you nor I wish that Hillary had one, and suggesting so is just trolling for an argument and purposely trying to frustrate people.

eh. It's just so much whinin and cryin and throwin dirt in the air... By people invested in the false rubric of a political messiah. It ain't you.