Author Topic: AZ State Rep Calls Out McCain: 'He Needs to Show My Constituents More Respect'  (Read 800 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

TownHall
Leah Barkoukis
Posted: Sep 04, 2017 3:04 PM

Arizona state Rep. Bob Thorpe called out Sen. John McCain Saturday for failing to show his constituents respect.

Thorpe said McCain’s criticism of President Trump’s pardon of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was unwarranted, given that his predecessor pardoned a record 1,927. Moreover, he argued, Arpaio was convicted of following state and federal laws regarding immigration enforcement—Obama’s pardons on the on the hand included people who revealed national secrets and broke financial fraud laws as well as narcotics laws. 

The Arizona Republican said he can forgive McCain for “slandering Arpaio by pushing the false narrative that he was found guilty of profiling latinos” but not for “his failure to protect Americans from those who have not shown respect for the rule of U.S. laws.” Thorpe was referring to the Americans murdered at the hands of illegal immigrants such as Kate Steinle and Jamal Shaw.

McCain, Thorpe said, had clearly forgotten his 2016 campaign promise to “build the danged fence.”

He also called the Republican senator out for another broken campaign promise: repealing Obamacare.

(more)
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/09/04/az-state-rep-calls-out-mccain-he-needs-to-show-my-constituents-more-respect-n2376620
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

I'm sure the pearl clutchers in the GOP will be 'troubled' by the representative's comments but he's exactly correct.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm sure the pearl clutchers in the GOP will be 'troubled' by the representative's comments but he's exactly correct.

This is a fairly big signal as to McCain's decline in terms of power and respect in D.C. Everyone is sort of resigned to just waiting for him to die. This has decreased his effectiveness as a Senator drastically. How can anyone take McCain seriously now? We all know that he has one foot in the grave.

For the good of AZ, for the good of the country, if McCain had any self-respect at all he would resign today. But we all know that will never happen. Democrats never resign. He will be clinging to his moribund office right up until the minute of his death.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's obvious that McCain is becoming a political liability, as it sounds like Thorpe is getting some heat over McCain constantly shooting his mouth off. I hope the party starts cutting him off and soon.
The Republic is lost.