Author Topic: ABC News reporter covering Hurricane Harvey gets slammed online after reporting alleged looters to police  (Read 1290 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Maxwell Tani
Business Insider
August 29, 2017

ABC News reporter Tom Llamas ignited controversy on Tuesday after tweeting that he had informed authorities of what he described as the "looting" of a grocery store during Hurricane Harvey.

Llamas initially tweeted on Tuesday that he was at a Houston supermarket and was "witnessing looting." He added that he "informed police of looting and Coast Guard is flying overhead."

"Multiple officers on the scene," he added.
More
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:55:05 pm by Machiavelli »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Between this and the CNN interview that went sideways, the press is experiencing some definite backlash.

Llamas attempted to clarify his statement, deleting one of his tweets and explaining that he was with police officers who were investigating a body when he mentioned to them that he saw people enter the store with their "faces covered."

However, if the people in question were going in the store with faces covered, they were well aware they were doing something wrong.

Offline skeeter

Looting = social justice per our Red Guard media.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I have no sympathy for those attacking this reporter for tipping police to criminal activity. Anyone
looting during disasters like this deserves what they get.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have no sympathy for those attacking this reporter for tipping police to criminal activity. Anyone
looting during disasters like this deserves what they get.

Some  hardheads areare getting what they deserve on a daily basis!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

Houston police catch 14 armed robbers and looters amid flood emergency
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:56:28 pm »
The part that put a smile on my face:

Burglarizing a home would normally bring a penalty of two to 20 years in prison, but now brings five years to life.
"This is the state of Texas. We are a welcoming city, but we are not going to tolerate people victimizing others," Acevedo said.

He said he will push for the fullest prosecution possible for any crimes committed during such a sensitive time.

http://abc13.com/houston-police-catch-armed-robbers-and-looters/2354955/

Offline EasyAce

Some  hardheads are getting what they deserve on a daily basis!
People who loot during disasters like this are scum.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
People who loot during disasters like this are scum.

Agreed!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Re: Houston police catch 14 armed robbers and looters amid flood emergency
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:23 pm »

We informed police of the looting and Coast Guard is flying overhead. Multiple officers now on the scene. pic.twitter.com/OsVVNF1M06

— Tom Llamas (@TomLlamasABC) August 29, 2017

Poor Tom.  Catching crap for doing the right thing. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 11:32:39 pm »
Those14 are the lucky ones.  Others have been dealt with on the spot.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:33:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:57 am »
The penalty is warranted.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

Some are saying they just want food.  Not sure about this particular store, but many grocery chains have pharmacies and banks where I've lived.  Nevertheless, theft is theft.

Wingnut

Some are saying they just want food.  Not sure about this particular store, but many grocery chains have pharmacies and banks where I've lived.  Nevertheless, theft is theft.

You can't eat a 60 inch flat screen TV.

Offline edpc

You can't eat a 60 inch flat screen TV.

They weren't 60 inch, but I've had my share of Swanson TV dinners.

Offline EasyAce

They weren't 60 inch, but I've had my share of Swanson TV dinners.
Bingo. You can eat an 11x18 TV. ;)

Offline dfwgator

Has Celine Dion chimed in yet?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why is this guy is being vilified, because he got involved rather than being an indifferent observer? No, I don't think so because the female reporter that alerted a rescue crew that a truck driver was in danger of drowning didn't receive the same vitriol. So it must be because the liberals can't tolerate attention focused on the the thieving scum they pander taking advantage of the situation, just like they always do.

Offline Smokin Joe

Why is this guy is being vilified, because he got involved rather than being an indifferent observer? No, I don't think so because the female reporter that alerted a rescue crew that a truck driver was in danger of drowning didn't receive the same vitriol. So it must be because the liberals can't tolerate attention focused on the the thieving scum they pander taking advantage of the situation, just like they always do.
It is because deep down in their parasite infested hearts, Liberals dream of five finger discounts and the brazen ability to just take whatever they want. Let them pass enough laws they'll have that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It is because deep down in their parasite infested hearts, Liberals dream of five finger discounts and the brazen ability to just take whatever they want. Let them pass enough laws they'll have that.
Well we all know that is exactly what democrat and more than a few republican politicians believe, otherwise we wouldn't have so many multimillionaire Senators and Congressmen on the salary they receive.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well we all know that is exactly what democrat and more than a few republican politicians believe, otherwise we wouldn't have so many multimillionaire Senators and Congressmen on the salary they receive.
Funny how that works. People spend millions to get a job that pays a couple hundred thou, and get filthy rich off that check. You's almost think something was amiss, there.

Oh, that's right, they are immune to insider trading laws, too, not just the ACA.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Oh, that's right, they are immune to insider trading laws, too, not just the ACA.

That stopped in 2013 after the STOCK Act was signed.  It only took place after decades of profiteering and outrage from the public before anything changed.

Offline Smokin Joe

That stopped in 2013 after the STOCK Act was signed.  It only took place after decades of profiteering and outrage from the public before anything changed.
I wonder how many violations the Pakistanis documented before they were busted? I'd bet dimes to donuts it's still going on.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reporter slammed on social media for alerting the police to 'looters'
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 01:31:23 pm »
Reporter slammed on social media for alerting the police to 'looters'
Published August 29, 2017
Fox News

With all eyes on the growing tragedy in Houston, one reporter was being taken to task for his prioritizing of events. After noticing what he called "looters," ABC’s Tom Llamas was being criticized by many on social media for his response.

Llamas is an anchor for the network’s “World News Tonight” and is on the ground in Houston covering the effects of Hurricane Harvey. While there, he spotted something that he felt compelled to not only tweet to his followers, but report to police as well.

Tom Llamas

@TomLlamasABC

#Breaking We're witnessing looting right now at a large supermarket in the NE part of Houston & police have just discovered a body nearby
11:26 AM - Aug 29, 2017

more
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/29/reporter-slammed-on-social-media-for-alerting-police-to-looters.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I wonder how many violations the Pakistanis documented before they were busted? I'd bet dimes to donuts it's still going on.

LOL!  Anyone think they would write such law without including ways around it for themselves and their cronies?

- J. R. R. Tolkien