Author Topic: Does Anybody Understand What These Never Trump Republicans Think They’re Achieving?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Kurt Schlichter
Aug. 24, 2017

What's the end game for these preening, posturing doofuses who call themselves Republicans, but who can't pass a CNN camera without slamming their party’s president? There is a lot of blue falconry going on in the GOP right now, and while it's pretty clear why, what's not so clear is what these fair weather frauds believe they're accomplishing.

We know why they do it. Some of them are truly shocked and upset by Trump's rough edges. He's not your grandfather’s Republican. He's more like your grandfather's buddy who got Pops drunk and took him to a brothel long before he ever met grandma. Trump’s rude and crude, and that rubs a lot of Republicans the wrong way. His cheerful vulgarity and vindictiveness, which many find his most attractive qualities, offends some people because they're decent people of moral character who just can’t go there. It rubs others the wrong way because they're hopeless wusses who would rather be loved by the WaPo than kick liberals in their Harry Reids.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/08/24/does-anybody-understand-what-these-never-trump-republicans-think-theyre-achieving-n2372233

Offline endicom

They're not about achievement, Kurt. Achievement would mean losing the safety of the sidelines and having to take responsibility. They are about posturing, lecturing and adjusting their Glow Stick halos.

Oceander

Opposing a narcissistic buffoon whose policies will, in general, do more harm than good. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Regardless of what they think they are doing, the only thing they actually achieve in terms of reality, is to support the Democrats. No matter what their motives are.

That is not an 'accusation'. I know you are not supposed to that here.

It is just a simple, practical, "statement of undeniable fact".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Regardless of what they think they are doing, the only thing they actually achieve in terms of reality, is to support the Democrats. No matter what their motives are.

Bullsh@t.  What they do is temper the worst proclivities of a barely competent president. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We know why they do it. Some of them are truly shocked and upset by Trump's rough edges. He's not your grandfather’s Republican. He's more like your grandfather's buddy who got Pops drunk and took him to a brothel long before he ever met grandma. Trump’s rude and crude, and that rubs a lot of Republicans the wrong way. His cheerful vulgarity and vindictiveness, which many find his most attractive qualities, offends some people because they're decent people of moral character who just can’t go there

And what's wrong with wanting a man of moral character in the White House?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Bullsh@t.  What they do is temper the worst proclivities of a barely competent president.

Have to agree with that.  Now that doesn't mean I want Trump gone - I want him to accept constructive criticism and become a better President. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

Opposing a narcissistic buffoon whose policies will, in general, do more harm than good.

Your assertion on his policies is only conjecture and has no basis in fact..

Oceander

Your assertion on his policies is only conjecture and has no basis in fact..

Nonsense.  He wants to start a trade war with various of our trading partners.  Trade wars are demonstrably stupid.

Oceander

Have to agree with that.  Now that doesn't mean I want Trump gone - I want him to accept constructive criticism and become a better President. 

You might as well wish the Moon were made of green cheese.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Hasn't been the case thus far by my observation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

According to Paula white we're fighting against the hand of God.

“Whether people like him or not, [Mr Trump] has been raised up by God, because God says that He raises up and places all people in places of authority,  It is God that raises up a king, it is God that sets one down and so when you fight against the plan of God, you’re fighting against the hand of God.”

We'll see how fast this false Christian charlatan abandons that belief when the next president is a democrat. 

Our founding Christian fathers like George Whitefield taught Christian self determination in opposition to the loyalist churches that were teaching obedience to the king who was "chosen by God".                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline endicom

Nonsense.  He wants to start a trade war with various of our trading partners.  Trade wars are demonstrably stupid.

He's using the same negotiating tactics as our various trading partners.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You might as well wish the Moon were made of green cheese.

Absolutely correct. You might wish there were three or four parties, AND SO DO I, btw really. But that is simply not the reality we live in today. If you want the Falcons to lose, then the Patriots have to win. That is a plain fact. That's just the way the world works.

But, I don't want to open this up again. TBR did a thousand threads just like this discussing this during the election. Frankly, I'm kind of burned out on it.

@Oceander. I respect you and your opinion. We will simply agree to disagree. We are discussing two philosophies which are both correct in their own kind of way. They're just different ways of thinking.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:27:02 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

That's the way I see it. Sometimes I have to check our registration roll to see if it's Don Lemon or Lester Holt posting here.

Offline goatprairie

I support Trump when he does right (Gorsuch, immigration enforcement. etc.) and slam him when he's worng...like I would any president.
I slammed Obama because I disagree with about 99% of what he did.  He did okay the mission to kill Bin Laden, so there's that.  But that might have been it.
So far the Trump presidency has been about what I thought it would be......50% things I approve of  and the other half mostly a circus. A badly organized circus.
I support Trump in general, because I support the office of the presidency.
It was mostly hopeless trying to support Obama, because Obama, like all leftists, was intent on destroying the country.
In his own bumbling way,  Trump actually wants the country to succeed.
That does not mean he's immune from criticism.  All presidents should be hammered when they screw up whether you voted for them or not.
So during the first eight months half the time I'm thanking Trump, and the other half I'm groaning.

Online Polly Ticks

I support Trump when he does right (Gorsuch, immigration enforcement. etc.) and slam him when he's worng...like I would any president.
I slammed Obama because I disagree with about 99% of what he did.  He did okay the mission to kill Bin Laden, so there's that.  But that might have been it.
So far the Trump presidency has been about what I thought it would be......50% things I approve of  and the other half mostly a circus. A badly organized circus.
It was mostly hopeless trying to support Obama, because Obama, like all leftists, was intent on destroying the country.
That does not mean he's immune from criticism.  All presidents should be hammered when they screw up whether you voted for them or not.
So during the first eight months half the time I'm thanking Trump, and the other half I'm groaning.

goopo
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I think that is where the vast majority here find themselves today. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's the way I see it. Sometimes I have to check our registration roll to see if it's Don Lemon or Lester Holt posting here.

LOL. That got a chuckle. Who knows? Maybe they do. I agree with you that sometimes it is hard to tell.

Oceander

Hasn't been the case thus far by my observation!

You need some better glasses, then. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
<Nope>

- MOD2
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:58:55 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You need some better glasses, then.

One of us does! That's for sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

An example of an excellent post!

Critical, yet stuck to the issues concerning presidential performance. Reality based. A breath of fresh air.  :beer:  :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But what's the end game? What are they thinking is going to happen? Do they think that one morning Trump is going to wake up and think “Gosh, all these people telling me I'm wrong and mean and crude and tweet too darn much must be right. I'll change, because I always take the advice of people who I've already broken and humiliated.”

Unlikely, because Trump doesn't respect you. And he doesn't respect you because he's already beaten you. He's not a gracious winner, but to be fair, you've hardly been gracious losers. Oh, how it must gall you to be so utterly defeated by someone you consider your moral and intellectual inferior.

So if you're not going to change Trump, what do you think you're going to do?

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/08/24/does-anybody-understand-what-these-never-trump-republicans-think-theyre-achieving-n2372233

Tell us what the end game is, NeverTrumps.   Tell us.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:46:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

Tell us what the end game is, NeverTrumps.   Tell us.

Is it time yet to bring up the 'I' word?