Author Topic: Does Anybody Understand What These Never Trump Republicans Think They’re Achieving?  (Read 5831 times)

Offline Rivergirl

We have a president who plays to his base.   Freepers.
Sorry, not my cup of tea and I don't really care if you understand my thought process or not.

Offline endicom

<Nope>

- MOD2

So, what do you think you're achieving?

No, not what you're not achieving but what you are. What are you achieving?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:59:37 pm by Mod2 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tell us what the end game is, NeverTrumps.   Tell us.

MY end game is the same as it always has been! To vote for the most conservative candidate available to me in every race up and down the ballot!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

MY end game is the same as it always has been! To vote for the most conservative candidate available to me in every race up and down the ballot!

That's not an endgame. That's a process on the way to an endgame.

Oceander

Limiting the damage Trump causes to the point where there is still a viable party (and country) that an adult can inherit from him.

Treading water is a success with a loser like Trump as president. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's not an endgame. That's a process on the way to an endgame.

I beg to differ!  Unless WE decide to enter the arena and actually run for office ourselves it is the ONLY end game available to us!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I support Trump when he does right (Gorsuch, immigration enforcement. etc.) and slam him when he's worng...like I would any president.
I slammed Obama because I disagree with about 99% of what he did.  He did okay the mission to kill Bin Laden, so there's that.  But that might have been it.
So far the Trump presidency has been about what I thought it would be......50% things I approve of  and the other half mostly a circus. A badly organized circus.
I support Trump in general, because I support the office of the presidency.
It was mostly hopeless trying to support Obama, because Obama, like all leftists, was intent on destroying the country.
In his own bumbling way,  Trump actually wants the country to succeed.
That does not mean he's immune from criticism.  All presidents should be hammered when they screw up whether you voted for them or not.
So during the first eight months half the time I'm thanking Trump, and the other half I'm groaning.

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Limiting the damage Trump causes to the point where there is still a viable party (and country) that an adult can inherit from him.

Making Kurt Schicter cry like a little girl is just a bonus.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Is it time yet to bring up the 'I' word?

The article speaks to this @aligncare .... and it isn't pretty:

Do you think you're going to somehow drive Trump out of office? Let’s run down that scenario. Now we have President Pence, and about 75% of your party’s base infuriated at your backstabbing betrayal. That seems disastrous even if you buy the idea that President Pence would somehow preside over a return to something like business as usual. He might, at least until the next election. Then you're all toast. Let's just say that in addition to your treachery, your past track record of total failure to achieve the conservative goals you promised won’t particularly inspire Trump supporters to lend you their support.

Offline aligncare

Okay so you want to keep him around for a punching bag. And the endgame is to impair his ability to govern. Got it.

Offline endicom

Making Kurt Schicter cry like a little girl is just a bonus.

"Kurt rose to the rank of colonel (Infantry), commanded a cavalry recon squadron, and served in Desert Storm and Kosovo as well as multiple disaster operations. "

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/

What did you think you were achieving with your infantile comment?

Offline Cripplecreek

"Kurt rose to the rank of colonel (Infantry), commanded a cavalry recon squadron, and served in Desert Storm and Kosovo as well as multiple disaster operations. "

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/

What did you think you were achieving with your infantile comment?

I don't give a damn what you or that whiney little b***h Schicter think.

If he wants to prove how tough he is, maybe he should nut up and explain his past hatred for Trump but he won't. He's a liar and a coward.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Limiting the damage Trump causes to the point where there is still a viable party .....

What "damage", exactly, are you trying to limit @Oceander

Border security? 
Lower taxes? 
Fewer business regulations? 
A growing job market?
A stronger military? 
Revised ROE?
Conservative federal and supreme court benches? 
Renegotiated NAFTA? 
A return to TPP?
A return to the Paris Agreement?
The repeal and replacement of Obamacare? 
Better care and more respect for our Veterans? 
A weakened EPA?
School choice? 
Energy independence? 

Tell me, which would you limit?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:16:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline endicom

I don't give a damn what you or that whiney little b***h Schicter think.

If he wants to prove how tough he is, maybe he should nut up and explain his past hatred for Trump but he won't. He's a liar and a coward.

Schlichter said nothing about being tough. That's your game.

And what are you achieving with these rabid outbursts?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Do you think you're going to somehow drive Trump out of office? Let’s run down that scenario. Now we have President Pence, and about 75% of your party’s base infuriated at your backstabbing betrayal. That seems disastrous even if you buy the idea that President Pence would somehow preside over a return to something like business as usual. He might, at least until the next election. Then you're all toast. Let's just say that in addition to your treachery, your past track record of total failure to achieve the conservative goals you promised won’t particularly inspire Trump supporters to lend you their support.

There are at least two scenarios that are far less polarizing and disastrous than impeachment:

1.   There's still time for Trump to grow and become an effective leader.  Bannon's finally gone, and Kelly is installed as chief of staff.  If anyone can impose discipline on this undisciplined man, it's Kelly.   And with Bannon gone, the potential disaster of trade wars and irresponsible isolationism that could ruin the economy - Trump's saving grace - could well be less.   

2.  Trump could resign in a gesture of magnanimity and healing for the good of the nation.   If he sets the right tone, and urges the nation to unite behind President Pence,  his supporters will follow.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Schlichter said nothing about being tough. That's your game.

And what are you achieving with these rabid outbursts?

Not defending it, but the anonymity of Internet fora give license to expressing oneself without filters. It gives one a place to vent. Just a little self indulgence. In short, it feels good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I am so sick and damn tired of this bs "Never Trumper" crap.  I have given props to Trump several times, as do almost all the briefers here. (When deserved).  We also spell out when he often is an idiot.  And believe me bud, he is often an idiot.

It's people like you and a few others who blindly give Trump 100.000000% support to anything he says or does.  I think there is a pall of "obtuse" that has shaded your ilk, and sadly  the lack of credibility that now defines that orange crowd here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I am so sick and damn tired of this bs "Never Trumper" crap.  I have given props to Trump several times, as do almost all the briefers here. (When deserved).  We also spell out when he often is an idiot.  And believe me bud, he is often an idiot.

It's people like you and a few others who blindly give Trump 100.000000% support to anything he says or does.  I think there is a pall of "obtuse" that has shaded your ilk, and sadly  the lack of credibility that now defines that orange crowd here.
Well said. It would be easier to support Trump if it wasn't for the supporters running around braying.

As for those of us who objected on principle to many of his behaviours during and before the primary, I still object to that sort of behaviour, from anyone, especially the President of the United States. Those who refuse to see the flaws as well as commend when he gets it right are the real problem, here. Put a Ford badge on a car, and some will praise it as they push it down the road, others would hate it if it performed like a Ferrari, and some of us will just see it for what it is. So it is with Trump.

The only people pushing for impeachment are the Dems who are still butthurt over having to call in all those issues of magazines and newspapers that said "Hillary Wins", especially including the MSM.

So can we quit this ridiculous shit yet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Okay so you want to keep him around for a punching bag. And the endgame is to impair his ability to govern. Got it.

NO!!

I doubt any responsible conservative wants to impair his ability to govern.  Chaos isn't good for the markets, isn't good for the economy, isn't good for national cohesion.   It is only the Democrats who are obsessed with nihilistic "resistance".

What we want is for the President to realize the seriousness of his position and the tenuousness of his situation, and stop creating chaos by his own erratic behavior.  This has NEVER been about policy differences, it has ALWAYS been about fear that Trump is in way, way, way over his head and refuses to accept counsel.     
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:43:33 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

So can we quit this ridiculous shit yet?

Unlikely. When history is written about this disaster, Trumpers don't want to be alone in taking the blame.

Offline aligncare

What "damage", exactly, are you trying to limit @Oceander

Border security? 
Lower taxes? 
Fewer business regulations? 
A growing job market?
A stronger military? 
Revised ROE?
Conservative federal and supreme court benches? 
Renegotiated NAFTA? 
A return to TPP?
A return to the Paris Agreement?
The repeal and replacement of Obamacare? 
Better care and more respect for our Veterans? 
A weakened EPA?
School choice? 
Energy independence? 

Tell me, which would you limit?

The part where Trump gets to be himself and instead conforms to stereotypical, feckless, mealy mouth politicians' behavior approved by Establishment Left-Right-Left elitism, lobbyists, donors and National Review. They'll tell Trump where he could talk (no, no twittering), when he could talk (no, not 5:00 AM!), how he should say it (no, don't say 'fake news!'), and what he should say. That pretty much sums it up.

Offline aligncare

... in other words, he should be more like Ted Cruz.*

*the proceeding was intended as a joke. In constructing this humor no harm came to animals or children, and all writing was monitored by Posters Humane Society.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:04:55 pm by aligncare »

Online Right_in_Virginia

I am so sick and damn tired of the "orange crowd"  :bs:     @catfish1957 

And in case you didn't notice, the article questioning the motives of  "Never Trumps" was not written by a Briefer, so shoot your rubber bullets at the author.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:01:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »