Author Topic: Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens calls for removal of lawmaker who backed Trump assassination  (Read 1941 times)

Wingnut

Missouri Republican Gov. Eric Greitens called on state lawmakers to expel state Democratic Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal for her refusal to apologize for a call to have President Trump assassinated. (AP Photo/Jim Salter)
Recommended for You

Missouri Republican Gov. Eric Greitens called on state lawmakers to expel state Democratic Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal for her refusal to apologize for a call to have President Trump assassinated.

"Senator Chappelle-Nadal said she hopes the president is killed. Republicans and Democrats have called on her to resign. Her response: 'Hell no.' Last night, in an interview, she refused to apologize — twice. If she will not resign, the Senate can vote to remove her. I believe they should," Greitens said in a statement Friday.

Earlier Friday, Lt. Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, warned that if she does not resign, "I will, in my position as president of the Missouri Senate, immediately seek the expulsion pursuant to Article III Section 18 of the Missouri Constitution."

Chappelle-Nadal admitted Thursday that she posted a now-deleted comment on her private Facebook page expressing a hope that Trump "is assassinated" for his remarks regarding the racial violence in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend. The Secret Service, which must investigate all threats against a U.S. president, is investigating the matter.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/missouri-gov-eric-greitens-calls-for-removal-of-lawmaker-who-backed-trump-assassination/article/2632005
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:49:26 pm by Wingnut »

Oceander

She needs to be removed and permanently banned from politics.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She needs to be removed and permanently banned from politics.

Can she be prosecuted?

It is people like her, in high positions, that are more of a threat than the people involved in the protests.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Hmmm, another one of those Yankee Red Leg types huh?

Wingnut

Can she be prosecuted?

It is people like her, in high positions, that are more of a threat than the people involved in the protests.

I read she is being paid a visit by the SS.   But like all threats like this.  It is a mere formality of going thu the motions.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Missouri Republican Gov. Eric Greitens called on state lawmakers to expel state Democratic Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal for her refusal to apologize for a call to have President Trump assassinated."

Yes.
Remove her.
Do the Republicans have the votes to do this?
Then, do it!

I wrote that, and then realized that I must apply "Fishrrman's credo" to it:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be."

da reality:
Betcha they don' do nuffin'!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"Missouri Republican Gov. Eric Greitens called on state lawmakers to expel state Democratic Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal for her refusal to apologize for a call to have President Trump assassinated."

Yes.
Remove her.
Do the Republicans have the votes to do this?
Then, do it!

I wrote that, and then realized that I must apply "Fishrrman's credo" to it:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be."

da reality:
Betcha they don' do nuffin'!

It is the show me state. Could be they will show her--the door.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And now the latest:

Missouri State Senator Shares Holocaust-Themed Tweet in Reference to Jewish Gov. Greitens

http://freebeacon.com/politics/mo-state-senator-retweets-holocaust-themed-tweet-reference-jewish-gov-greitens/

Democratic Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal retweeted a Holocuast-themed tweet on Thursday in reference to Missouri's Jewish Republican Gov. Eric Greitens.

Chappelle-Nadal, the state lawmaker who recently wrote she hoped President Donald Trump would be assassinated, shared a tweet that said, "Greitens should know where the Trump Train goes. At the end of the line is this place!" The tweet included a picture showing the gates of a Nazi concentration camp....
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

And now the latest:

Missouri State Senator Shares Holocaust-Themed Tweet in Reference to Jewish Gov. Greitens

http://freebeacon.com/politics/mo-state-senator-retweets-holocaust-themed-tweet-reference-jewish-gov-greitens/

Democratic Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal retweeted a Holocuast-themed tweet on Thursday in reference to Missouri's Jewish Republican Gov. Eric Greitens.

Chappelle-Nadal, the state lawmaker who recently wrote she hoped President Donald Trump would be assassinated, shared a tweet that said, "Greitens should know where the Trump Train goes. At the end of the line is this place!" The tweet included a picture showing the gates of a Nazi concentration camp....

She knows nobody has the guts to force her out.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Ferguson is in her district. Watch it explode again, if she's removed.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Most of these types of politicians first make their mark by enriching themselves. then going off the deep end.  Maxine Waters and Nanccy Pelosi are examples.

This idiot may be enriching herself, but she started going off the deep end too early.

She will pay the price, and taken away.  A substitute with a bit more in smarts will be her replacement.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Correct.  She has the Race Card and knows how to play it.  Even McCaskill's pleas for her to leave or be removed will go unheard.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Most of these types of politicians first make their mark by enriching themselves. then going off the deep end.  Maxine Waters and Nanccy Pelosi are examples.

This idiot may be enriching herself, but she started going off the deep end too early.

She will pay the price, and taken away.  A substitute with a bit more in smarts will be her replacement.

She will be forced out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She will be forced out.

Bet she doesn't.   This will blow over.  Somebody mentioned, Ferguson is in her district.   All it takes is a few calls of "Republicans are for KKK!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Bet she doesn't.   This will blow over.  Somebody mentioned, Ferguson is in her district.   All it takes is a few calls of "Republicans are for KKK!"

I dunno. She can't keep her mouth shut. The Missouri senate can remove her?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I dunno. She can't keep her mouth shut. The Missouri senate can remove her?

They can, but they won't.  Race Card.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is the ugly and sad truth @dfwgator  **nononono*

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Looks like a good number of the top officials in Missouri are against her. Including the democrats.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Lt. Governor agrees ....

Wingnut

This will bear watching.  Bless the Lt Gov!

The MSN will ignore it and/or call it bluster and racist hate speech.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Both the Governor and Lt. Governor are Republicans.  Just a slight shift in heavily black St. Louis (and Kansas City) put them out of a job next election.  They made statements, and that's all they can do.  The Senate isn't going to throw her out either, so unless she decides, on her own, to go, she stays.  Reality has spoken.

Race Card, friends.  This is how it gets played.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This will bear watching.  Bless the Lt Gov!

The MSN will ignore it and/or call it bluster and racist hate speech.

You have to ask how the Press is going to play this??
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

You have to ask how the Press is going to play this??

What can I say I'm just a country boy and a cockeyed optomitrist.

Oceander

We shall see what happens. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We shall see what happens.

What happens is this blows over and the nappy hair bimbo survives.  You read it here first.
I will NOT comply.