Author Topic: Condemn the White Supremacists, Mr. President  (Read 838 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Condemn the White Supremacists, Mr. President
« on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:07 am »
Editorial, National Review
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450443/charlottesville-white-supremacists-trump-should-condemn

When he was running for president, Donald Trump often dinged his opponent for her failure to
forthrightly name the preeminent threat to our national security: Islamic terrorists. Now that he is
president and has been confronted with a different variety of terrorism in Charlottesville, President
Trump has become vague and equivocal. His original statement deploring “violence on many sides”
was weak, and the halfhearted expansion of that statement — from an anonymous White House aide,
not from the president — is insufficient . . .

. . . We categorically repudiate not only the specific acts of violence but also the broader cause in
which this violence was deployed. The rally in question was advertised as a project to “Unite the
Right.” We flatter ourselves that we have a little something to say about that, and our answer is:
No. We do not wish to be united with Jew-haters, bigots, racists, and the morally and intellectually
defective specimens on such sad display in Charlottesville, waving their Nazi banners and Confederate
flags.

We, too, thrill to the sight of a rebel banner: the one raised by George Washington, the one that
stands for the most subversive revolutionary creed the world has ever seen — that all men are
created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. The pimply-faced tiki-
torch gang and their media enablers have from time to time denounced this brand of conservatism
as passé, and we thank them for their denunciation. You can have the Constitution and the
Declaration of Independence, or you can have your ridiculous race cult. We are confident that the
lunatics in Charlottesville are not very numerous.

But they are not entirely insignificant, either. Armed brawls between neo-Nazi gangs and their left-
wing equivalents are, for the moment, an ordinary part of our politics. That might get worse before
it gets better. Responsible parties on both sides — which, in spite of what you may see on television,
still exist — can at the very least be honest about what is happening and unequivocal in their
condemnation of it. The president has a special responsibility to set an example here, and we urge
him to live up to it.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online dfwgator

Re: Condemn the White Supremacists, Mr. President
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 02:43:38 am »
"They are also murderous. The car attack on the counter-protesters has all the hallmarks of a by-now-familiar act of terrorism, of a piece with similar attacks we have seen from Nice to London."

"They"?

Last time I checked, it was one person who did the attack,  you know, a "Lone Wolf".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:01 am »
"They are also murderous. The car attack on the counter-protesters has all the hallmarks of a by-now-familiar act of terrorism, of a piece with similar attacks we have seen from Nice to London."

"They"?

Last time I checked, it was one person who did the attack,  you know, a "Lone Wolf".

Bollocks.

If it were some dude named Mohammed did it, or some Berniebro, you'd be screaming terrorism from the rooftops. Just because it's some guy who couldn't be whiter if you bleached him it doesn't magically become not terrorism. "Lone wolf" nonwithstanding.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 04:58:30 am »
Bollocks.

If it were some dude named Mohammed did it, or some Berniebro, you'd be screaming terrorism from the rooftops. Just because it's some guy who couldn't be whiter if you bleached him it doesn't magically become not terrorism. "Lone wolf" nonwithstanding.

Classic transference. Equate the UK terrorism to a totally unrelated event.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:13:51 am »
Black Lives Matter Terrorists Murder Dallas Cops
Is the race war Barack Obama wanted breaking out in Dallas and across America?
July 8, 2016
Matthew Vadum

The ambush-style mass shooting of cops in Dallas, Texas, last night makes it clear that it is time for the dangerous, anti-American insurgency called Black Lives Matter to be designated a terrorist organization for fomenting a war against the nation’s law enforcement officers.

As FrontPage went to press early Friday morning, five Dallas area police officers were dead, systematically slaughtered by snipers.

Continued: http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263443/black-lives-matter-terrorists-murder-dallas-cops-matthew-vadum

Let's see, BLM encouraged the murder of policeman and they were the allies of the Obama administration. Did the National Review encourage Obama to condemn Black Lives Matter?

Police group director: Obama caused a 'war on cops'
www.politico.com/story/2016/07/obama-war-on-cops-police-advocacy...

Jul 08, 2016 · Watch video · William Johnson blamed President Obama for ... accused the president of carrying out a "war on cops." “I think [the Obama ... their refusal to condemn .

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:24 am »
Where's the handwringing and whiny stories about White Supremacists worried about public backlash?
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:03 pm »
The President has now condemned white supremacists by name.

I wait with bated breath for the next dictum from the demigods at the National Review.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »
Bollocks.

All I was doing was pointing out the media's inconsistency.  Want to call it "terrorism", fine.    But let's be consistent, then.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:59 pm »
All I was doing was pointing out the media's inconsistency.  Want to call it "terrorism", fine.    But let's be consistent, then.

And there is also the matter of who had a legal permit to be there and who took it upon themselves to disrupt their event!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 02:45:03 pm »
Let's see, BLM encouraged the murder of policeman and they were the allies of the Obama administration. Did the National Review encourage Obama to condemn Black Lives Matter?
Yes, they did, I remember. They've had a good number of essays condemning BLM in the last few years.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
Ok folks, here’s what REALLY happened in Charlottesville – and what everyone is missing

https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/08/13/ok-folks-heres-really-happened-charlottesville-everyone-missing/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 03:27:37 pm »
How many real White Supremacists/Nazis are there in this country.....a few thousand at the most?  More people probably think the Earth is flat.

But they are the perfect "Bogeyman" for the Left.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »
The President has now condemned white supremacists by name.

I wait with bated breath for the next dictum from the demigods at the National Review.

Watch Donald Trump Disavowing David Duke Over and Over For Years

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DeK-f3_7Wv4

But, media puppet masters still are not pleased. No, Trump didn't say what they wanted him to say, when they wanted him to say it, in order to create the illusion that Trump is in a defensive posture about his racist and antiSemitic core – no matter what he says or does it will never be enough.

That's the point of this little media exercise in feint, selective outrage. Did the media ask president Obama to disavow David Duke when Duke endorsed Obama over Hillary in the '08 primaries (Duke hated Hillary)?

Trump is not the problem here, the leftist agenda-driven, national media is.