Author Topic: Trump to members of his New Jersey golf club: 'That White House is a real dump'  (Read 5572 times)

Oceander

Aw, come on ... let's cut him a little slack.   ^-^    This is a fraction of just one floor of his NY Penthouse:

Lord that's ugly. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

The west wing of the White House will be closed in August for "RENOVATION".  Trump is no doubt rebuilding it with gold clad bathroom fixtures and gold leaf on the walls and a throne instead of a desk in the oval office.  I knew he would turn it into Him.  His saying it is a "dump" is his reason for the re-do.  It will be Trump West Wing Palace.  And, we are paying for it.  Our money is his money now, he will bankrupt us more than we were before he got there.

@Victoria33

Well, then I hope the next resident has a high tolerance for tacky.

Offline Suppressed

Your wife is right..*new money* likes to show it off.

Yup.  I worked at a $2,500/night hotel.  Guys like Trump were mocked by the old-money guests (and the staff).

As one very old lady said to the air (i.e., to me, standing nearby) one day while one of these jokers went by, "That's the difference between money and class."  Trump is about the best example of that I've seen.

I don't think I would use the word *dump* but I have read the WH is in need of some serious repair and upgrades...I think the last time anyone attempted was Jackie and she caught hell for it at the time.

It's an old building but not "a dump".  I've been in the Oval Office and it's nice, but one has to have appreciation for quality.  The thing that's most interesting to me about the West Wing is how cramped things are...the hallways, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

@RoosGirl

Lmao

Melania seems to have good taste.  I'm surprised she hasn't told him, "I am not embarrassing myself by having people over to this place."

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Lmao

Melania seems to have good taste.  I'm surprised she hasn't told him, "I am not embarrassing myself by having people over to this place."

My grandpa and my dad were superintendents for Worth Builders.  Back in the day probably 99% of Worth Builders business was demo'ing and rebuilding homes on Palm Beach.  My uncle owned his own plumbing company and did most, if not all, of Worth Builders plumbing work and he also did a lot of the same type work on Jupiter Island.  I got to tour many of the homes.  NONE of them were filled with that gauche crap Trump has in his penthouse.  NONE.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What's funny. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's home is actually less tacky by a long shot.

Even 50 Cent's home is pretty tasteful.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:38:15 am by AbaraXas »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Allahpundit‏ @allahpundit
The White House is government housing built on a swamp. It’s a dump by definition.

Seth Mandel‏ @SethAMandel
I mean it's obvious where the spin is headed: Obama turned the place into a dump.

Allahpundit‏ @allahpundit
Scaramooch would have classed up the joint, fancy-like

Drew McCoy‏ @_Drew_McCoy
Tonight on Hannity...The President is right. The White House IS a dump. The All-American panel is here to discuss....

Silver Pines

My grandpa and my dad were superintendents for Worth Builders.  Back in the day probably 99% of Worth Builders business was demo'ing and rebuilding homes on Palm Beach.  My uncle owned his own plumbing company and did most, if not all, of Worth Builders plumbing work and he also did a lot of the same type work on Jupiter Island.  I got to tour many of the homes.  NONE of them were filled with that gauche crap Trump has in his penthouse.  NONE.

@RoosGirl

Fetishes for fake gold furniture are pretty rare, I'd imagine.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Fetishes for fake gold furniture are pretty rare, I'd imagine.

Good thing, I think Trump stuffed any bit that was ever made into his maxi pad.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Wingnut

Yeah, but what I want to know is, how can a man with zero taste even tell?  His apartment looks like Elvis's idea of King Midas' palace.

Nah, Trump's tastes run more toward Liberace styling.

Offline kevindavis007

Here is the thing.. To me it would be an honor to live in the White House. A lot of great Presidents walked the halls.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline RoosGirl

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That blue bag though! 

It's only $94K. :)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline RoosGirl

It's only $94K. :)

Hush hush.  Don't interrupt.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well he could always spruce it up with a few more things dedicated to himself. He did claim to have a couple of warehouses that stored such items.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:31:38 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Suppressed

:silly:

Exactly!!  That's the Russia connection!!

For those who haven't seen it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOq-skoi1c
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:00:58 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

Well he could always spruce it up with a few more things dedicated to himself. He did claim to have a couple of warehouses that stored such items.

It's sad. I don't think he realizes how utterly pathetic he seems to well balanced people.
+++++++++

Offline anubias

We knew it would be hard for him being confined to the Whitehouse that is a cracker box compared to what he has become accustomed.  I do wish he had the decency to refrain from calling it a "dump" to his golf buddies though.

As for the gold, I read that Ivana Trump was the one who decorated Mar o Lago in all that ornate gold mess.  I assume Melania does not have permission to redecorate.  That should have been one of the conditions of accepting his marriage proposal.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The flow of hate is slowing....  this should help reenergize y'all.   Here's Mar a Lago .... ...  GO! 

(Love ya!   88devil )

Offline RoosGirl

Purge what Conservative relevance?  The country was ready for change.  If Conservatives had any relevance, they would have won.   It's really that simple.

Offline NavyCanDo

You have all heard the Johnny Cash song The Ragged Old Flag....and you understand the message. Well the White House has seen its share of the struggles of a new country, including being gutted by a fire started by a  mighty British envasion force, and defended by cannons when  Lee's Army of Northern Virginia was just miles away. And its been circled by endless waves of protestors for decades. Ragged, yes. Tired, you bet. Its ghost sometimes ashamed of its tennants - count on it.   But a "dump"? Come on Trump, have some respect.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:45:42 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline montanajoe

Had Obama told his golfing buddies  the WH was a dump the feigned outrage on conservative forums and talk radio would have gone on for days on end. Trump does so and his acolytes dig up pictures of his tacky taste as an excuse... :shrug:

Silver Pines

Nah, Trump's tastes run more toward Liberace styling.

@Cripplecreek

I can see Liberace being at home there, lol.

Silver Pines

You have all heard the Johnny Cash song The Ragged Old Flag....and you understand the message. Well the White House has seen its share of the struggles of a new country, including being gutted by a fire started by a  mighty British envasion force, and defended by cannons when  Lee's Army of Northern Virginia was just miles away. And its been circled by endless waves of protestors for decades. Ragged, yes. Tired, you bet. Its ghost sometimes ashamed of its tennants - count on it.   But a "dump"? Come on Trump, have some respect.

@NavyCanDo   

Yes, I agree.  I doubt Trump is aware of the history of the building.  Thoughts like yours are a little deep for him.