Author Topic: Trump to members of his New Jersey golf club: 'That White House is a real dump'  (Read 5598 times)

Online mountaineer

Trumps mouth gets him into trouble all the time. I am hoping he'll learn to think a tad before opening it.
Along with refraining from tweeting, you may just be onto something!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Trumps mouth gets him into trouble all the time. I am hoping he'll learn to think a tad before opening it.
He had that problem long before he became a blip on the nation's political radar. He was the
same way, mostly, when he first became a media star in New York in the 1980s, even if it wasn't
quite as frequent as it became when he did become a political player, never mind the president.
What you should hope isn't that he'll learn to think a tad before opening it---it seems rare
enough for 70something men and women to change habits of lifetimes---but that, somehow, he lets
those staffers who do have more than two brain cells to rub together keep him from letting his worst
instincts run around loose---kind of the way people like H.R. Haldeman did with Richard Nixon, at
least before it was too late to play even that option. (Having read assorted literature on Nixon
including Haldeman's diaries, I often think that if Haldeman had a dollar for every time he had to
protect Nixon from himself even before Watergate, Haldeman could have retired very comfortably.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:10:48 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Just_Victor

Along with refraining from tweeting, you may just be onto something!

Trump needs to grasp the concept that, "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Looks like Trump the honest liar is a new talking point.

:silly:

@Cripplecreek

LOL!

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon I am mostly on in the early AM when I'm not working, like today, I'll stay on a little longer. I recall telling you that since I don't know for a fact it was his comment, I not going to comment on that I consider speculation. In general I do not think an American should call the White House a dump. Even if it is a "fixer upper". I also think ones private conversations should remain private.

@jpsb

Thanks for answering.  @RoosGirl beat me to my own response, as I was going to say exactly what she said.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

Thanks for answering.  @RoosGirl beat me to my own response, as I was going to say exactly what she said.
:finger:

Silver Pines