Author Topic: Jordan abolishes 'marry the victim' clause protecting rapists from punishment  (Read 523 times)

Offline Suppressed

Jordan abolishes 'marry the victim' clause protecting rapists from punishment
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/8/1/jordan-abolishes-marry-the-victim-clause-protecting-rapists

Jordan joins Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt which have cancelled "marry the rapist" clauses [Getty]
Date of publication: 1 August, 2017

Jordan's parliament has repealed a provision in its penal code that allowed a rapist to escape punishment if he married his victim.

Cheers erupted from the spectators' gallery as legislators narrowly voted on Tuesday to scrap controversial Article 308.

The vote came after an emotional debate in which some lawmakers argued that an amended version of the clause was needed to protect rape victims against social stigma by giving them the marriage option.

Women who are raped in Jordan often face a lot of stigma from family members and their communities, accused of bringing "dishonour" to their families.

In extreme cases women could be murdered as a result in so-called honour crimes.

Lawmakers on Sunday closed a legal loophole that allowed judges to impose light sentences for "honour crimes", where previously some killers had served as little as six months in prison.

Tuesday's decision must still be approved by parliament's appointed upper house, or Senate, and by King Abdullah II.

Jordan joins Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt which have cancelled "marry the victim" clauses over the years.

Lebanon's parliament is also considering repealing such a provision.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/8/1/jordan-abolishes-marry-the-victim-clause-protecting-rapists
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I remember a few years back when King Abdulla decreed that any man committing an honor killing of a relative would face a murder investigation and murder charges.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Try to imagine how insane Islam is. Is there some hot girl you know, or maybe a hot neighbor or coworker, and she won't go out with you? No problem. Just rape her, and then she has to marry you.

Of course, once married, she has no rights at all. So you can essentially have sex with her on demand any time and as much as you want. You can make her do just about anything you want. If she refuses, just beat her into submission.

Then, when you get tired of her, just say "I divorce you." three times and like Beetlejuice, you are now divorced. You don't have to divorce her though. You could keep her around as a handmaiden to your next wife. Or sell her on the slave market.

And so, the cycle keeps going until you get too old to care about a new wife. By then you should have a brood of women to take care of you in your old age.

I mean it when I say that Islam is every sexual pervert's fantasy religion. The fact that Leftist feminist women buy into it will always be a mystery to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That sure is encouraging with our long time ally Jordan.  Who says islam is beyond reform ??

Do her father and brothers still get to kill her, though ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

That sure is encouraging with our long time ally Jordan.  Who says islam is beyond reform ??

Do her father and brothers still get to kill her, though ??

Couldn't bother to read even the excerpt above?  I even went to the effort of manually putting in the hotlinks, and then manually colored them and underlined them, and still, even the excerpt alone says:

In extreme cases women could be murdered as a result in so-called honour crimes.

Lawmakers on Sunday closed a legal loophole that allowed judges to impose light sentences for "honour crimes", where previously some killers had served as little as six months in prison.

:shrug:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Try to imagine how insane Islam is. Is there some hot girl you know, or maybe a hot neighbor or coworker, and she won't go out with you? No problem. Just rape her, and then she has to marry you.

Of course, once married, she has no rights at all. So you can essentially have sex with her on demand any time and as much as you want. You can make her do just about anything you want. If she refuses, just beat her into submission.

Then, when you get tired of her, just say "I divorce you." three times and like Beetlejuice, you are now divorced. You don't have to divorce her though. You could keep her around as a handmaiden to your next wife. Or sell her on the slave market.

And so, the cycle keeps going until you get too old to care about a new wife. By then you should have a brood of women to take care of you in your old age.

I mean it when I say that Islam is every sexual pervert's fantasy religion. ...

Mohammed knew what he was doing.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
So wait, the rapist decides to marry his victim.
Does she have any choice in the matter?
Is she allowed to refuse?
Or does her family require her to marry the criminal?
Maybe it's, "Marry him, or we'll kill you ourselves."
Maybe they don't even bother to discuss it with her.
Her own family treats her like a goat or a sheep.
They just treat her like livestock.
What a perverted culture!
They treat women like livestock
and livestock like women!
"The men are men and the sheep are nervous."
Savages!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:59:26 am by unite for individuality »
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao