Author Topic: Trump messes with Sessions, and Senate Republicans are not pleased  (Read 3077 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Trump messes with Sessions, and Senate Republicans are not pleased
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2017, 07:41:39 pm »
Yeah, humiliation is always such a good management technique.  :rolleyes:

45% of Trump voters would still approve of the job he is doing if he shot somebody on 5th Avenue.  29% would disapprove, and 26% are not sure.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_71817.pdf
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:42:02 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 02:25:33 am »
But as is often the case, no good deed goes unpunished. President Trump will be criticized no matter what he does.

Sadly, and according to prophesy, a nation brainwashed by a treasonous media will often be critical of populist sociopaths even if they have been trained to express emotions and pretend to higher thought processes like logical reasoning and morality. 

It is delightful to see you posting again Aligncare.  I have missed your posts.  Welcome back.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 03:06:22 am »
I wish Trump would fire Session so we can finally get around to impeaching Trump out of office for being an idiot unworthy of holding the position. Sessions is one of the last in the Trump administration I have ANY respect for.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:08:22 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 09:18:15 pm »
I think Trump is frustrated that Sessions is merely a career government worker, delay, lack of progress, is his pace.

Can you say Darrel Issa, Trey Gowdy? Like when do they actually get something done?

As long as Sessions is viewed as a legislator, he comes off well, because he says what you want to hear.

Put him in roles of actually getting things done quickly, and he seems to have disappointed Trump.

I used to work in the construction business, and the top people want results, not excuses for plodding along like the department of motor vehicles.

So the article is all about the other career government employees, going to bat for Sessions, since they too have found a comfortable final resting place with John McCain, Mitch McConnell, etc.

But by all means, side with the dems and the media, and criticize Trump for wanting results.

Spot on.

Any Republican elected to national office goes in at a disadvantage because of media spin. And if on top of that he comes off as a pushover, the rabid left et al will eat him alive.

Pres. Trump doesn't need a striped-pants Republican (capital R) genuflecting to "my distinguished colleagues across the aisle. Trump's a fighter, he expects his AG to be one, too.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2017, 09:39:22 pm »
Trump might be embarrassing others but I doubt he cares a tiny bit about the consternation he's causing.    He's not a politician and doesn't give a crap what others thing, except his adoring fans who put him there.   He actually seems the most responsive President in my lifetime to what the average Joe wants.  Kinda surprising, probably due to his reality TV experience.
Bingo.
I think Trump is frustrated that Sessions is merely a career government worker, delay, lack of progress, is his pace... So the article is all about the other career government employees, going to bat for Sessions, since they too have found a comfortable final resting place with John McCain, Mitch McConnell, etc. But by all means, side with the dems and the media, and criticize Trump for wanting results.
Bingo.
Spot on. Any Republican elected to national office goes in at a disadvantage because of media spin. And if on top of that he comes off as a pushover, the rabid left et al will eat him alive. Pres. Trump doesn't need a striped-pants Republican (capital R) genuflecting to "my distinguished colleagues across the aisle. Trump's a fighter, he expects his AG to be one, too.
Bingo. And he doesn't back off worth a damn.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

HonestJohn

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
You are right, of course. Sessions is not worth expending much ammo to defend. He's been a huge disappointment as AG - what dipstick picked him for the post?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2017, 10:55:41 pm »

Criticized no matter what he does.

Don't hire Sessions: get criticized for being disloyal.
Hire Sessions: get criticized for picking a lemon.

Should you fire said lemon: get criticized.
Not fire said lemon: get criticized.

Oy vey.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 11:37:36 pm »
I wish Trump would fire Session so we can finally get around to impeaching Trump out of office for being an idiot unworthy of holding the position. Sessions is one of the last in the Trump administration I have ANY respect for.

So exactly what impeachable offense has Trump committed? As for Sessions, he's one of the leakers.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.