Author Topic: Trump messes with Sessions, and Senate Republicans are not pleased  (Read 3080 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump messes with Sessions, and Senate Republicans are not pleased

By Lesley Clark

lclark@mcclatchydc.com

July 25, 2017 5:00 AM
WASHINGTON

President Donald Trump is getting a bitter Washington lesson when he messes with Jeff Sessions – you don't pick a fight with one of the Senate's guys.

It's a lesson that could cost him politically in a Senate where he badly needs Republican support for his lengthy agenda, starting with healthcare on Tuesday.

"I don’t understand it. There’s no more honorable person I’ve ever met in my life than Jeff Sessions,” said Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., a close friend of Sessions and his wife. “The only person who is more upset with Trump about this than me, is my wife.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article163424468.html#storylink=cpy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Trump messes with Sessions, and Senate Republicans are not pleased
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:35:29 pm »
Trump is pure white trash. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:18:08 pm »
Trump is pure white trash.

"I don’t understand it. There’s no more honorable person I’ve ever met in my life than Jeff Sessions,” said Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., a close friend of Sessions and his wife. “The only person who is more upset with Trump about this than me, is my wife.”

Trump has no honor. He has bad character. We have been warning people about this for years.

He's pure garbage and his defenders here will never admit that.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
Trump has no honor. He has bad character. We have been warning people about this for years.

He's pure garbage and his defenders here will never admit that.

TOS is orgasmic this morning. Disgusting. Who in their right mind would work for such a man?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 03:13:16 pm »
TOS is orgasmic this morning. Disgusting. Who in their right mind would work for such a man?

Why?  I thought they liked Sessions because he supported Trump early.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:17:04 pm »
Why?  I thought they liked Sessions because he supported Trump early.

They did, but Sessions upset The Boss with his recusal, so he needs to go...a sentiment held by most of the Trump supporters here.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 03:22:48 pm »
I'm not getting the Sessions support. Sessions opened the door for a special prosecutor when he recused himself and put a lifelong Rat in charge. Pres Trump has been getting a raw deal with the Russia garbage as well as those around him. Sessions should go. The Pubs play by gentlemanly rules while the Rats go to war and have no rules. At a minimum Sessions should be increasing the heat on the Rats by going after Hillary and the DNC.

Trump is rough, crude and a bully. However, he is a street fighter and the only way to beat the Rats is to stand up to them and fight like they do, no holds barred.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 03:25:49 pm »
Let's all circle the wagons around the dude who wants to focus the might of the Justice Dept on pot busts and confiscating peoples wealth without a conviction.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »
I'm not getting the Sessions support. Sessions opened the door for a special prosecutor when he recused himself and put a lifelong Rat in charge. Pres Trump has been getting a raw deal with the Russia garbage as well as those around him. Sessions should go.

The only think they have to do is to limit the amount of money that Mueller can spend, just like every other DA and federal prosecutor in the nation.  I am more troubled by the fact that no one in the Trump white house seems to understand this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 03:31:15 pm »
Let's all circle the wagons around the dude who wants to focus the might of the Justice Dept on pot busts and confiscating peoples wealth without a conviction.

Yeah, I'm getting the same vibe, all the way out in Gillette WY. It's been a learning experience, I thought they had too many hotels for a town of 30,000. They must have conventions or some such from the surrounding area. It's a prosperous area, with a median family income of nearly $80K.

I certainly enjoyed the stay here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 03:33:07 pm »
Yeah, I'm getting the same vibe, all the way out in Gillette WY. It's been a learning experience, I thought they had too many hotels for a town of 30,000.

@Night Hides Not

Purely for entertainment purposes, check out Trip Advisor and read the hotel reviews for Wamsutter, WY.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 03:36:16 pm »
They did, but Sessions upset The Boss with his recusal, so he needs to go...a sentiment held by most of the Trump supporters here.

If anyone has been betrayed by Sessions it was Ted Cruz but despite that and his wrongheaded stance on CAF, Sessions is the primary driver of strong border control in the white house.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 03:38:08 pm »
@Night Hides Not

Purely for entertainment purposes, check out Trip Advisor and read the hotel reviews for Wamsutter, WY.

You mean "no hotels in Wamsutter"?

We spent the previous night in Big Timber MT. Where they got the name I have no idea. Wasn't much in the way of big timber.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:40:02 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 03:46:09 pm »
You mean "no hotels in Wamsutter"?

Yikes!  They were so bad, Trip Advisor must have pulled them.  There were two hotels, each with one review.  The first said 'This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my entire life'.  The second said 'Don't even get off at this exit.  Drive another 70 miles to Rock Springs.'  Both gave detailed descriptions of how awful the hotels were.

I had a service call in Wamsutter a couple of years back.  Stayed in Rawlins, 40 miles away.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:45 pm »
The only think they have to do is to limit the amount of money that Mueller can spend, just like every other DA and federal prosecutor in the nation.  I am more troubled by the fact that no one in the Trump white house seems to understand this.

He does seem to have a bunch of people who don't understand what they can and can't do. I'm tired of watching the Pubs get pushed around with a bunch of nonsense.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 06:09:43 pm »
If anyone has been betrayed by Sessions it was Ted Cruz but despite that and his wrongheaded stance on CAF, Sessions is the primary driver of strong border control in the white house.

I agree with this.
Cruz and CAF have been mistakes, but the rest of it?
He stood by Trump when few others would, during the campaign.
Sessions may be the most loyal of his staff, after the relatives.
I don't get it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »
I agree with this.
I don't get it.

I think it is as simple as Pres. Trump doesn't have a lot of patience for people who don't fight. AG Sessions should never have recused himself. Now that he has and the Russian probe has led to a special prosecutor Pres Trump wants the Rats to feel the same heat. I don't blame Trump for wanting to fight. The Pubs always want to be "gentlemen" and "follow the law" and then lose.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 06:45:04 pm »
I agree with this.
I don't get it.

What's not to get? Trump is a complete scumbag.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:52 pm »
Was just over to TOS. Many are not happy with this.  Of course, there's a few that accused Sessions of being an evil, nasty Swamp Dweller.
 But this is the first action of Trump where I've seen many of the TOS residents upset or even a little mad at him. Progress as the scales might be falling from their eyes. Blind worship of a tincan ruler is never good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 03:32:08 am »
What's not to get? Trump is a complete scumbag.

No, the President is not.

The President is very disappointed with the AG. He's pissed because Sessions wasn't honest during his interview about recusal and went ahead and did it without even giving the President a "heads up"

Sessions is supposed to be draining the entrenched swamp critters from the Department of Justice and he's not even started to do so.  But credit where credit is due, Sessions is busy toughening marijuana laws. 

And let's remember, thanks to recent guidelines from Congress (thank you Mr. Comey), the President is no longer allowed to meet privately with the AG .... lest there be even the appearance of collusion.  So, the only way the President can remind Sessions that he's not doing the job he was hired to do .... is to do publically.  It is Sessions who is ignoring this and prolonging it.

Sessions needs to do the job he said he would do.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 03:35:46 am »

The President is very disappointed with the AG. He's pissed because Sessions wasn't honest during his interview about recusal and went ahead and did it without even giving the President a "heads up"

Sessions is supposed to be draining the entrenched swamp critters from the Department of Justice and he's not even started to do so.  But credit where credit is due, Sessions is busy toughening marijuana laws. 

And let's remember, thanks to recent guidelines from Congress (thank you Mr. Comey), the President is no longer allowed to meet privately with the AG .... lest there be even the appearance of collusion.  So, the only way the President can remind Sessions that he's not doing the job he was hired to do .... is to do publically.  It is Sessions who is ignoring this and prolonging it.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Great answer!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 03:43:06 am »

A better example of kneepads propaganda and mind-bending spin one will never find unless they are desperate to walk in the shoes of Josh Earnest.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 11:30:51 am »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

:bigsilly:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

His job is not to be a personal attorney of the President...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 06:13:47 pm »
I think it is as simple as Pres. Trump doesn't have a lot of patience for people who don't fight. AG Sessions should never have recused himself. Now that he has and the Russian probe has led to a special prosecutor Pres Trump wants the Rats to feel the same heat. I don't blame Trump for wanting to fight. The Pubs always want to be "gentlemen" and "follow the law" and then lose.

I don't think this  true.
Sessions had to recuse himself.

The investigation started by looking into the Russian interference into the election, and the campaigns.
Trump really didn't have this massive organized campaign structure, like traditional candidates do, and Sessions took on a larger role than he may have during a tradition campaign.

If Sessions doesn't recuse himself, he would be in charge of an investigation into an election he was quite involved in.
It would have looked as if were trying to control the outcome, to his own benefit.
Everyone would have had a fit.
It would have had the appearance of Sessions investigating himself.