Author Topic: Poll: Republicans Think Courts Should Be Able To Shut Down Media That’s “Biased Or Inaccurate,” 45/20  (Read 2446 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Here’s what YouGov got when it asked Americans if they support or oppose letting courts shut down news media outlets for publishing stories that are “biased or inaccurate.” Looks like we’ll have to hold off on taunting the left for being free-speech disasters on “hate speech” from now on....

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/26/poll-republicans-think-courts-able-shut-media-thats-biased-inaccurate-4520/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

This is what happens when a people have no use for principles and only want to 'win'.  They embrace and become despots themselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

Well, shut down WND, that Treenuthouse site, Breitbart, and Fox right now, the.

Wheeeeee!!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

This is what happens when a people have no use for principles and only want to 'win'.  They embrace and become despots themselves.

I am not aware of a "despotic" action taken by President Trump.

Your derogatory commentary about "a people" are very imprecise, and seem to exhibit a "better than" attitude by yourself towards others.

My father and my FIL 'only wanted to win' when they served this country in combat during WWII.

The culture and political war we are currently in are not much different.

For all of his faults, Trump is trying to take us in the right direction.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Offline ABX

Offline dfwgator

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Your derogatory commentary about "a people" are very imprecise, and seem to exhibit a "better than" attitude by yourself towards others.

My father and my FIL 'only wanted to win' when they served this country in combat during WWII.

What the hell is it with you people? 

Trump's name was not mentioned at all.  The OP was not about Trump.  But somehow - people like you have to make everything about Trump and those of us who don't bend the knee to Trump.

I was referring to the mobs of people like you who made him your clown your prince and have adopted the very tactics of despotism the Left likes to trial balloon to intimidate and silence critics.

Despotic things like using the government and the courts to shut down media reporting they don't like because it doesn't fawn all over their political messiah.

If your Crown Prince is taking us in that 'right direction', to shut down the 1st Amendment because you deem it 'warfare' - you just validated our 'derogatory comment' of despot as applied to both Trump and yourself.

You can go cry to the mods now about how unfair my comment is.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

How many people are in that group,  like 10?

More than that said they joined on a FR thread in the first hour after the story was posted.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3565796/posts

Offline truth_seeker

Trump's name was not mentioned at all.  The OP was not about Trump.  But somehow - people like you have to make everything about Trump and those of us who don't bend the knee to Trump.

I was referring to the mobs of people like you who made him your clown your prince and have adopted the very tactics of despotism the Left likes to trial balloon to intimidate and silence critics.

Despotic things like using the government and the courts to shut down media reporting they don't like because it doesn't fawn all over their political messiah.

If your Crown Prince is taking us in that 'right direction', to shut down the 1st Amendment because you deem it 'warfare' - you just validated our 'derogatory comment' of despot as applied to both Trump and yourself.

Oh I see. My Crown Prince is just one of many ideas, apparently running through your mind.

Mark that down as a reminder to self: steer clear of that fantasy zone.

You totally overlooked/avoided my reference which likened WWII to our current cultural/political war.

Offline truth_seeker

More than that said they joined on a FR thread in the first hour after the story was posted.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3565796/posts

Why the obsession with FR?

Offline RoosGirl

Then you are or are not advocating for a gov't take over of the press?

Offline truth_seeker

Then you are or are not advocating for a gov't take over of the press?
Of course not. Where did you get that idea?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oh I see. My Crown Prince is just one of many ideas, apparently running through your mind.

You're the guy who brought up Trump in a thread that did not even mention him.  So you can thank yourself for that idea running through my mind.

You totally overlooked/avoided my reference which likened WWII to our current cultural/political war.

We're not supposed to reference anything from WWII that can be construed to be a comparison of current politics and then - by the insistence of your fellow EverTrumpers.

yes I edited it
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:04:21 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline RoosGirl

Of course not. Where did you get that idea?

I couldn't get any idea, you just started going off about Trump and I have not a clue what *he* has to do with this article since it was talking about the courts.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

"...you people"?

The entire article is based upon the coverage of President Trump.

We won.  You lost.   Get over it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:52:27 pm by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

"...you people"?  What a condescending little penis you are.

Can you not control yourself?  Yesterday you told someone to "Jump" off Mt Rushmore and today you're calling someone a penis?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:14:30 am by RoosGirl »

Offline corbe

That is totally uncalled for @DCPatriot and a sure sign that you have either lost the argument or the ability to reason.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"...you people"?  What a condescending little penis you are.

BRRRZZZZZZTTT!!!! WRONG.

Apparently you didn't bother reading the OP at the link.

If only you would.

Offline corbe

Thanks for bringing the mods in DC
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
   That is totally uncalled for @DCPatriot and a sure sign that you have either lost the argument or the ability to reason.

I am perfectly fine and content to be called a 'condescending little penis' by the likes of him.

It illustrates his character perfectly.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now I have to edit out *penis* in how many posts?

damn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Now I have to edit out *[naughty word]* in how many posts?

damn

Don't forget your own post (I edited it out of the quotation above so as to not add additional work)!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Now I have to edit out *penis* in how many posts?

damn

I'd leave it.  We're all adults here and some folks just cannot help but illustrate how juvenile and childish their character really is.

I'm not bothered by it.  If that is what he thinks of me, so be it.  Let him espouse it and showcase his character for everyone to measure.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's only a naughty word when you call someone a penis...sounds better than d**k I guess...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34