Author Topic: Poll: Republicans Think Courts Should Be Able To Shut Down Media That’s “Biased Or Inaccurate,” 45/20  (Read 2445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'd leave it.  We're all adults here and some folks just cannot help but illustrate how juvenile and childish their character really is.

I'm not bothered by it.  If that is what he thinks of me, so be it.  Let him espouse it and showcase his character for everyone to measure.

I am leaving it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
"...you people"?

The entire article is based upon the coverage of President Trump.

We won.  You lost.   Get over it.

Quoting Obama now is the 'in thing' I see?

Wingnut

I'd leave it.  We're all adults here and some folks just cannot help but illustrate how juvenile and childish their character really is.

I'm not bothered by it.  If that is what he thinks of me, so be it.  Let him espouse it and showcase his character for everyone to measure.

You post like a pure dick.  Not a penis,  But a dick.

Offline RoosGirl

Now why are you trying to stir shit up?

Wingnut

Now why are you trying to stir shit up?

You are deep in it sister. Your eyes are brown. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

How in the hell did you know my first name was Richard?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

How in the hell did you know my first name was Richard?

:pondering:

Okay I lol'd

Offline RoosGirl

You are deep in it sister. Your eyes are brown.

LOL.  Yes they are!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's only a naughty word when you call someone a penis...sounds better than d**k I guess...

You're right.  My apologies.  Couldn't think of it. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

You're right.  My apologies.  Couldn't think of it.

Now I'm having difficulty believing you couldn't think of dick. :)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

Actually, "Dick" does not fit @INVAR whatsoever.   

One whose skirt gets blown up by Page 4 in any thread around here...perhaps it was instinctively.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

Quoting Obama now is the 'in thing' I see?

I told you I felt that way the very day he came down that escalator.

But so far, the 'Payback' is sorely lacking.   

Silver Pines

It's only a naughty word when you call someone a penis...sounds better than d**k I guess...

@mystery-ak

Lol, today's TBR bright spot.   :laugh:

Never seen such a bunch of angry winners. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
But none here dare call it the "F" word.

Offline Cripplecreek

Well since the Trump fans feel guilty enough to think this poll was about Trump, lets take a look at what Trump has said.

“I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,”

“We’re going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they’re totally protected.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is bizarre.  I've just gotten around to reading this thread, and in spite of the fact that Trump was not mentioned by the article or TBRers, by implication or overtly, this has become another Trumpers vs. the world thread.  What the heck?  How and why does this happen?

Offline Suppressed

My father and my FIL 'only wanted to win' when they served this country in combat during WWII.

This is a horrible thing to say about them.

Surely, they wanted to win with principles intact.  Would they have chosen to join the Nazis if we were losing, just to "win"?

I'm one of the reviled ones who believes principles come first.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

This is a horrible thing to say about them.

Surely, they wanted to win with principles intact.  Would they have chosen to join the Nazis if we were losing, just to "win"?

I'm one of the reviled ones who believes principles come first.

Part of the farewell my Grandfather and his Battalion got from their CO upon leaving Europe.

Offline The_Reader_David

At all times sincere friends of freedom have been rare, and its triumphs have been due to minorities, that have prevailed by associating themselves with auxiliaries whose objects often differed from their own; and this association, which is always dangerous, has been sometimes disastrous, by giving to opponents just grounds of opposition, and by kindling dispute over the spoils in the hour of success. No obstacle has been so constant, or so difficult to overcome, as uncertainty and confusion touching the nature of true liberty. If hostile interests have wrought much injury, false ideas have wrought still more; and its advance is recorded in the increase of knowledge, as much as in the improvement of laws.

--John Dalberg-Acton, First Baron Acton in The History of Freedom in Antiquity (1877)

It seems rather too much of the Republican base are the auxiliaries, rather than the sincere friends of freedom.  This poll just confirms what Trump's nomination showed. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline The_Reader_David

This is bizarre.  I've just gotten around to reading this thread, and in spite of the fact that Trump was not mentioned by the article or TBRers, by implication or overtly, this has become another Trumpers vs. the world thread.  What the heck?  How and why does this happen?

Why?  Because both the nomination of Trump and the results of this poll show that the GOP base consists not of proper American conservatives who what to conserve the benefits of the American Founding (and the patrimony of Western Civilization that led up to it), but an amalgam of conservatives, nationalists, people who are completely unmoored in terms of actual political philosophy but just don't like what the left (whether political or cultural) is selling lately, and Lord only knows what else.

We already knew a lot of GOP elected officials weren't proper American conservatives, since they will happily sell out liberty to be "pro-business", or "tough on crime", or in a vain quest to be well-regarded in the press, but a lot of us, until the last election, had harbored the populist delusion that the base were still morally superior to the "RINOs" in Congress and actually held the conservative ideals the GOP used to sell its brand.  I guess not.

(See the quote from Lord Acton I posted in my first post to this thread.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:07:55 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online DCPatriot

Well since the Trump fans feel guilty enough to think this poll was about Trump, lets take a look at what Trump has said.

“I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,”

“We’re going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they’re totally protected.”

So...pray tell...where's the problem?

Especially with generations-long Conservative Supreme Court?  Let the NYT and Washington Post editors and publishers personally lose EVERYTHING.

They'll discover the truth quickly.

Think of these 'laws' as merely speed cameras.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:21:02 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

You nice people continue to be so naive.   Suggest you all start drinking bottled spring water or something.

The only reason this is even in the news at all is what I call the 'Trump Culture'.

Getting so you could easily replace zombies with NTs and have a captivating Netflix series.  It's how hypnotized with your hatred of the man you all are.

Good day.