Author Topic: SCOTLAND: Glasgow public (state) school forces Christian students to recite Islamic prayers and perform Wudu (ritual washing) at a mosque  (Read 2184 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Why should we learn anything at all? 

Let's all remain ignorant?

The dumbass teachers can't even teach the dumbass kids how to do math and read and write.  Maybe we could lay off the comparative religion nonsense until, oh, I dunno, 90% of kids can read, write and rithmatic at their grade level.

Offline rodamala

LOL! I forgot that part! Thanks for the clip. I may just pull Uncle Buck out of the library tonight.

And I do know the difference between 'principle' and 'principal' Sheesh! Some times, when I go back and read what I wrote...  :shrug:

I only wish that high quality clip was 20 seconds longer and included John Candy saying, "Good Day to you, Madam", his strut down the hall, and the silhouette of him lighting up a DiNobli.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'm not saying I'm okay with them teaching him TO pray to Allah.  Students should be taught HOW Muslims pray to Allah, however.  And other religions, including Judaism and Christianity praying to their god.

I had a comparative religion class in college. We learned about all the major religions, read all their holy texts. I didn't have a problem learning about that because I also learned about Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism,Zarostra,  all the sects of Judaism and Christianity. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm glad I learned all this but it was IN COLLEGE. I don't think I was mature enough to learn this in grammar school.

And I was grateful. It made me question G-d, and I guess, I became stronger for it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:47:57 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

Why should we learn anything at all? 

Let's all remain ignorant?
About how other religions pray? I think about one picture of them with their rear ends in the air is enough, don't you?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There are TV preachers who are obviously only in it for the cash money they can make riding on the back of religion. Peter Popoff (among many others) comes to mind, selling 'miracle water' and other snake oil elixirs and trinkets for money. I call these guys "super atheists".

What I mean by a 'super atheist' is not only do they not believe in any deity, but their faith is so strong that they are willing to poke God in the eye, to ridicule and abuse the very notion of God by using it to make money. This is different from a non-believer. Many/most people who do not believe in God still have some respect for the idea, and for the people who worship. That is to say, God is not for me, but it is not something that I am going to screw around with. A 'super atheist' is a person willing to jump into the pool, and yell Halleluyah! Gimme all your money! This is a person willing to look God in the face, and spit. Most atheist/nonbelievers are not that bold.

The reason Leftists feel comfortable making children pray to Allah and to perform certain Islamic rituals is because they have absolutely no respect for these prayers and rituals at all. To a Leftist, saying a Muslim prayer is the same to them as taking a piss. It is nothing at all. What this demonstrates is a profound disrespect to the Islamic faith.

Conversely, these same Leftists are working overtime to ban, restrict, and persecute, any mention of or reference to Christianity or Christ on campus. So, what does this tell you? Obviously, Leftists consider Christianity to be 'real'. In the sense that their attitude is, 'You can pray to Allah, or Superman, or Santa Claus, all you want. But don't you dare mention Christ!' It would seem that Leftists have more respect for Christ and Christianity than many Christians do.

Typically with the Left, everything they do in their endless attempts to be 'nice' and 'understanding' backfires. And this is no different. By having children recite these sacred and hallowed Islamic prayers as if they were reading a grocery list, what the Left is really 'teaching' them is that the Islamic religion is all just bullshit. And it is OK to mock their religion by saying the actual prayers, and performing the actual rituals, as an intellectual exercise only with no relationship to any 'God' or 'Allah' at all. They are teaching the students that Islam is a curiosity. Something worthy of study with no real foundation or depth to it whatsoever. Good for them.

The teachers doing this are real 'super-atheists'.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:24:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jpsb

Offline Suppressed

I had a comparative religion class in college. We learned about all the major religions, read all their holy texts. I didn't have a problem learning about that because I also learned about Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism,Zarostra,  all the sects of Judaism and Christianity. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm glad I learned all this but it was IN COLLEGE. I don't think I was mature enough to learn this in grammar school.

And I was grateful. It made me question G-d, and I guess, I became stronger for it.

Obviously, the details come at age-appropriate times.  One doesn't learn algebra without being exposed to numbers in grammar school.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Obviously, the details come at age-appropriate times.  One doesn't learn algebra without being exposed to numbers in grammar school.

The problem, other than the age, is that for Christians or Jews, learning about other religions is not a problem, but actually participating in religious rites of other religions is forbidden.  This was a very in-your-face anti-Judeo-Christian action.

Offline Suppressed

The problem, other than the age, is that for Christians or Jews, learning about other religions is not a problem, but actually participating in religious rites of other religions is forbidden.  This was a very in-your-face anti-Judeo-Christian action.

Agreed.  I mentioned that. 

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I would say that it is a very in-your-face anti-Islam action. Many religions, Mormons and Jews for example, have prayers and rituals that cannot be performed by someone who is not of the faith. Mormons and Jews do not want people mocking their religion by using their sacred prayers and religious practices as a 'teaching aide'. And they don't want people on a field-trip visiting their temples as if they were 'going to the zoo'.

But that is what these teachers are doing to Islam. They have children looking at Muslims as if they are animals in a zoo. They are teaching children to quote the "Shahada" (Islamic declaration of faith) as if they were teaching them the bird call of the Nightingale. "And this is the call of the wild Muslim in their natural habitat." It has no meaning.

When these teachers push Islam on these children with no serious regard to God or to what they are actually doing and saying, then the whole thing is a mockery.

Either they are seriously training these children to convert to Islam, or they are playing make-believe with a religion. Anyone can study Mormonism and Judaism all they want to. That, of course, is a good thing. But once you start saying the prayers, and performing the rituals, you have crossed over into a more serious space. If you believe in God, then you believe that God will not be mocked. A religious person believes that there may be consequences to mocking God.

And yet, that is exactly what these Liberals are doing. They are mocking Allah, Muslims, and Islam in general.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:18:03 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"And yet, that is exactly what these liberals are doing. They are mocking allah, muslims, and islam in general."

Not to worry.

When the time comes and they gain power, the muslims will reward the liberals with the same treatment by which they deal with other infidels...

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Maybe they should have all the children go to a Catholic Church and take communion? You know, since it is 'not real' and they are only pretending to perform Islamic rituals and prayers, why can't they 'pretend' to take communion?

Oh wait, they can't unless they are Catholic. Because communion is a 'real' thing. Oh, I see now. So then nothing they do in Islam is real. Only Christianity and Judaism are real religions with real rituals and a real God. OK. Got it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe they should have all the children go to a Catholic Church and take communion? You know, since it is 'not real' and they are only pretending to perform Islamic rituals and prayers, why can't they 'pretend' to take communion?

Oh wait, they can't unless they are Catholic. Because communion is a 'real' thing. Oh, I see now. So then nothing they do in Islam is real. Only Christianity and Judaism are real religions with real rituals and a real God. OK. Got it.

I agree with your last sentence.