Author Topic: Duquesne University Professor Accused Of Keying Cars Near Home  (Read 350 times)

Online mountaineer

Duquesne University Professor Accused Of Keying Cars Near Home
July 26, 2017

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A Duquesne University professor faces three counts of criminal mischief for keying several cars in her neighborhood.

Dr. Audrey Guskey allegedly caused around $10,000 dollars in damage in Bridgeville earlier this year.

Police say they caught Guskey on camera damaging the vehicles.

Guskey’s attorney tells KDKA they hope it can be resolved at the preliminary hearing and everyone involved will learn from the misunderstanding.

“My client like most folks have disputes with their neighbors from time to time and we are hopeful this can be resolved at the preliminary hearing and collectively all grow stronger from this misunderstanding,” attorney Phil DiLucente said.

Neighbors say she would get upset when vehicles parked in front of her home.
Her bio at the Duquesne University site doesn't mention her, ahem, extracurricular car detailing hobby:
As associate professor of marketing at Duquesne University for the past 24 years, Dr. Audrey Guskey is responsible for teaching Consumer Behavior, Services Marketing, Strategic Marketing, and Introduction to Marketing for the undergraduate and graduate programs. Dr. Guskey has received numerous teaching awards from the School of Business and the University.  Students consistently rank her in the top among faculty and she has been honored by the students with four Apple Polishing Awards.

Dr. Audrey Guskey is considered to be one of the nation's top consumer experts.  She has appeared in over 3,000 TV, radio, newspaper, and magazine interviews discussing consumer trends ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Re: Duquesne University Professor Accused Of Keying Cars Near Home
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »
"My client like most folks have disputes with their neighbors from time to time and we are hopeful this can be resolved at the preliminary hearing and collectively all grow stronger from this misunderstanding,” attorney Phil DiLucente said.

Um...Phil, most people involved in neighborhoid disputes call the police, take action in the  courts -- they don't destroy other people's property.  Typical lawyer BS statement.

Yes, I have seen Dr. Guskey on local TV.  The news stations often consult her on consumer affairs stories, particularly where there is fraud and how to prevent being a victim.  Too bad she used poor judgment here.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:23:45 pm »
With surveillance cameras on every light pole (it seems), it's kind of silly to believe one can get away with this sort of mischief. She should have thought before acting, that's for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »
Agreed. 

I can sympathize a little with Dr. Guskey.  I've had people park in front of my house, especially since a convenience store opened across the street a year ago.  One twit tried to park his car in my driveway.  True, parking is limited on my busy street, but there is an alley maybe 50 feet, possibly less, from my house where the guy could have parked.   Guess it would have been too long a distance for this slacker to walk to/from the store.  Anyway, I told the guy he couldn't park in my driveway, so he left.

Dr. Guskey should have known better than to take her frustration (revenge) out on other people's property.  Never ends well.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »
Sounds like another passive-aggressive liberal with a Jesus complex, taking the law into her own hands.
The Republic is lost.