Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22857 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:21 pm »
If a law passed by Congress makes you a citizen of the USA you are by definition a naturalized citizen.
Uh, no.

Your fantasies aren't reality.  Nor are they law.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2017, 03:20:25 pm »
You do realize you just described yourself self perfectly don't you?

No, she doesn't.  That's one thing that makes it so interesting. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »
You can blame public schools all you want, but equal dollops are due to parents that take no interest in educating their children outside of school. I'm not perfect, but my wife and I know we are our children's primary teachers.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2017, 03:22:45 pm »
Were you drunk when you posted this @corbe?   :pondering:

What a stupid and gratuitously insulting thing to say!

Oceander

« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2017, 03:23:55 pm »
What a stupid and gratuitously insulting thing to say!

You pretty much nailed everything RiV posts.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2017, 03:27:03 pm »
No, she doesn't.  That's one thing that makes it so interesting.

I bet she'd be flattered that you can't find anything to talk about except her @Sanguine   

Maybe if you ask her nicely she'll throw out enough shiny objects to keep you busy all day long.    88devil

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2017, 03:31:57 pm »
I ask my friends in the conservative wing of political thought to think long and hard, sans emotion, before seeking to corrupt the US Constitution to accommodate one politician. 

That's a funny sentiment coming from the Populist Wing of political thought when admonishing others to think sans emotion before seeking to corrupt foundational principles to accommodate one politician.

I guess it all depends on whether the political messiah is the only one who can 'save us' and whom is called a 'Deliverer from Slavery' and 'The only one who can give you freedom'.

I guess with that kind of power, corrupting principles and constitutions is okay.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2017, 03:32:29 pm »
I bet she'd be flattered that you can't find anything to talk about except her @Sanguine   

Maybe if you ask her nicely she'll throw out enough shiny objects to keep you busy all day long.    88devil

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm giving up too, these people are not rational. Now they can all HooRa, High Five and claim they sure showed those Trumpers a thing or two.  LOL.

Online corbe

« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm giving up too, these people are not rational. Now they can all HooRa, High Five and claim they sure showed those Trumpers a thing or two.  LOL.

@jpsb I do declare you Trumpers are getting better about deciding which hill to die on and as a Briefer stated earlier 'Don't go away MAD.........'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2017, 03:43:01 pm »

We realized some time ago that the EverTrump are True Believers and their definition of 'rational' revolves attacking anyone and any organization that ever gave Trump a bad look or opposed him on anything.   Followed by exhaustive arguments supporting, excusing and Trumpsplaining their political savior's behavior, words and actions - no matter what they are or how juvenile and absurd.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2017, 03:54:33 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

000hehehehe

Except the NT's are so trapped in NeverNeverTrumpLand that they can't see NBC and the Constitution have nothing to do with Donald Trump.

But, I agree ... rationality is slim pickins in this discussion.

Enjoy your day @jpsb    :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Wrong I see you did not brother to read the preceding posts were I made it perfectly clear that Cruz is a naturalized citizen. Naturalized by a naturalization act passed by Congress in 1934. Without that naturalization act Cruz would not even be a citizen of the USA. 

The constitution gives Congress control over the naturalization process, a natural born citizen (NBC) is not a naturalized citizen. No law makes a NBC a citizen. If a law make you a citizen you are a naturalizes citizen not an NBC.  I don't know why so many are struggling with this concept, it is very simple.

And where is Cruz's Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)? If Cruzs' parents wanted Cruz to be a US citizen they were required to file a CRBA. If they wanted Cruz to be Canadian citizen no action was necessary. Without a CRBA Cruz is technically an illegal alien. 

I miss the old days where EVERYONE knew that you had to be born in the USA (or a territory belonging to the USA) to be a natural born citizen.  I blame public schools for dumbing down Americans.

I swore to myself I would never post here again. But, I felt compelled to give my support for your line of reasoning on NBC, jpsb

In the early campaign I had only two reservations about Sen. Cruz. First was the NBC issue--sure to be used by the 'rats to taint his candidacy and result in a certain GOP defeat.

My second reservation was stylistic: ask Sen. Cruz for the time and he'd give you a soaring, 15 minute dissertation on time as it relates to the constitution!

But, this election was too important to get wrong. It was critical to win against Hillary. So, no matter how much I agreed with Sen. Cruz's conservative ideology his personality, I felt, could never win in the America of 2016 against the gimmidats.

Well, as it turned out, Trump was the right man for the job and NeverTrump's been wrong about him at every juncture -- right up to today, plainly clear here at NeverTrump Central.

Anyway, keep up the good work, jpsb -- you, too, RIV. You still rock the politics here!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:14:28 pm by aligncare »

Oceander

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »
Look at what the kitty dragged in.  Would that you would keep your word. 

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2017, 04:18:20 pm »
Sessions better reconsider given that trump is already floating guiliani as his replacement
God is still in control

Online corbe

« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2017, 04:18:43 pm »
    I, too, feel compelled to say that I didn't particularly miss you, having said that I do value your input here and your compatriots need some help as of late with the heavy lifting.  Welcome back @aligncare 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2017, 04:21:46 pm »
Offline MOD3
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)
I think you are confused
« Sent to: aligncare on: October 31, 2016, 09:31:35 AM » ReplyQuoteDelete
You got a three day posting timeout because you are under the delusion that you are in charge of the forum. We will restrict your speech if you can't stay on topic. You will not be allowed thread jack as you please to turn it into a Trump discussion.

You are also not going to tell the Mods what to do and not do as if you own the place. If you don't like that, you don't have to be here.

We'll start with 3 days. If it continues we can make it a week, month, year, or forever, however you want to roll. Get over your authoritarian delusions.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2017, 04:24:06 pm »
MOD 3. Hmm. Wonder who MOD 3 was...

Oceander

« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2017, 04:25:50 pm »
Offline MOD3
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)
I think you are confused
« Sent to: aligncare on: October 31, 2016, 09:31:35 AM » ReplyQuoteDelete
You got a three day posting timeout because you are under the delusion that you are in charge of the forum. We will restrict your speech if you can't stay on topic. You will not be allowed thread jack as you please to turn it into a Trump discussion.

You are also not going to tell the Mods what to do and not do as if you own the place. If you don't like that, you don't have to be here.

We'll start with 3 days. If it continues we can make it a week, month, year, or forever, however you want to roll. Get over your authoritarian delusions.

No doubt it was very well deserved. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
Well, as it turned out, Trump was the right man for the job and NeverTrump's been wrong about him at every juncture -- right up to today, plainly clear here at NeverTrump Central.

Yes, I believed he would never become presidential and give up his childish tweeting.  But look at him now -- not a ill-advised tweet to be seen!

Yes, I believed he lacked deal-making skills, and only knew how to bully.  But look at him now, able to adroitly work with Congress to get both healthcare and immigration bills passed, without any ill feelings!

Yes, I believed he would have unstable staff relations and internal conflict.  But look at him now, with no turnover, confusion, or animosity -- just a well oiled team working together to make big things happen!

Yes, I believed he wouldn't become honest and keep his word.  But look at him now, never lying or going back on what he'd previously said.

Etc.

I guess you're right, and I was wrong.  (Except that I'm not a NeverTrumper...I am in his corner if/when he does something good and positive.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:24 pm »
Complete Bull, prior to the 1930s Cruz would not even be a citizen of the US. Cruz is a naturalized citizen not a natural born citizen. Anyone that thinks the son of a Cuban born in Canada is a NBC of the USA has zero respect for our Constitution.
During my school years,, we were taught a President needed to be born in the USA; only exception being born on foreign embassy grounds.

The Senate made a special consideration, because McCain was born in a civilian hospital while his parents served there (Panama) in the military.

There is not a legal precedent for a person with Cruz' birthplace scenario ever being elected President.

There was an extensive legal research effort for George Romney, who ran but dropped out in 1968.

The study determined he WAS not eligible since he was born in Mexico to US citizen parents. It is NOT settled nor is there a precedent for Cruz' situation.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2017, 04:35:13 pm »
You act say no all you want, Cruz is a naturalized citizen not a nature born citizen and here is the naturalization act that gives him his citizenship.

The Equal Nationality Act of 1934 was an American law which allowed foreign-born children of American mothers and alien fathers who had entered America before age 18 and lived in America for five years to apply for American citizenship for the first time.

OMG .... I feel like I'm back on TOS.   Why are we arguing this?  Let's wait and argue it (if you must) in 2020 (I hope) or at least 2024.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »
There was an extensive legal research effort for George Romney, who ran but dropped out in 1968.

The study determined he WAS not eligible since he was born in Mexico to US citizen parents. It is NOT settled nor is there a precedent for Cruz' situation.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/how-mitt-romneys-mexican-born-father-was-eligible-to-be-president/
+++++++++

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2017, 04:43:21 pm »
Some courts say birth in the US equals NBC.  Many do not.  If this is taken to the Supreme Court, I suspect the Founders' intent will be corrupted to allow anchor babies from all over the world a claim to the US Presidency.

@jpsb

One thing can be certain: If Cruz were ever nominated, his democrat opponents would scream about his foreign birth, make a huge deal of it, and it will impact his eventual defeat.

Cruz has the lack of broad appeal, like Sen. Goldwater. Some call him the "most conservative" in the Senate.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2017, 04:44:01 pm »
What the heck happened.  I'll have to go back 4 pages to find out.  Someone mentioned Ted Cruz.

That's like Kryptonite to Trumpers.  It unleashes emotions sometimes held in check at least for brief periods.

Unbelievable.

Another word is Bush .... any Bush but especially GWB.  Unfortunately, they are able to garner some undeserved support regarding GBW ...

But the Bush word is nothing, nothing, nothing to the Cruz word.  OMG.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:33 pm »
OMG .... I feel like I'm back on TOS.  Why are we arguing this?  Let's wait and argue it (if you must) in 2020 (I hope) or at least 2024.

Because birthers buy tinfoil by the square yard.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!