Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22857 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2017, 01:14:41 pm »
The topic is not the value of a human female the topic is whether Cruz is eligible to hold the office of President of the USA. And he isn't.

If he isn't eligible then why didn't the FEC declare him that when he first announced he was running?

Why did Trump himself say he was eligible?

You birthers have your heads so firmly planted up your fourth point of contact you eat your own breakfast twice.

Oh and @jpsb by your own weird "logic" on this issue...if we were to believe what you say is true...then Trump shouldn't be sitting in office right now.

His mom was born in Scotland.

:whistle:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:17:24 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »
Once again since you birthers seem to have a hearing and reading comprehension problem...Article II of the U.S. Constitution says he's legit.  Whatever Act of Congress you keep babbling about just reinforces what was clearly stated in the Constitution in the 18th Century.
and you're full of excrement.

Purposely ignoring what's IN the constitution because of your blind fealty to Trump isn't the wisest move for you.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution

A naturalized citizen is a person who was born an alien, but has lawfully become a citizen of the United States under the U.S. Constitution and laws. A naturalized citizen has all the rights of a natural born citizen, except is not eligible as president or vice-president of the United States.

The naturalization act of 1934 makes Cruz a citizen, and naturalized citizen and not eligible to srerve a POTUS. Unlike you I am not willing to trash our constitution.

I may be full of it but you have something in common with a box of rocks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:37:23 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2017, 01:35:45 pm »

His mom was born in Scotland.

:whistle:

His mom was a US citizen when he was born. But that does not matter. Trump was born in the USA and his father was a US citizen. Under original intent that is enough to make him a NBC. The courts say (and I disagree) that just being born in the USA make one an NBC.

And why is it that you can not have a civil debate, why must to personally insult me in just about every post?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »
His mom was a US citizen when he was born. But that does not matter. Trump was born in the USA and his father was a US citizen. Under original intent that is enough to make him a NBC. The courts say (and I disagree) that just being born in the USA make one an NBC.

And that's why for the most part the people in the black robes are smarter than you. Then know better.

Again by your "logic" and the twisted way you interpret Constitutional law Trump is ineligible base on the fact he has ONLY one parent born in the U.S. 

And why is it that you can not have a civil debate, why must to personally insult me in just about every post?

Because I have little time or patience for fools or fanatics and you fall into both categories.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2017, 01:53:47 pm »
His mom was born in Scotland.   :whistle:

Yes, Trump's mother was born in Scotland.  However, she became a naturalized American citizen (full citizen, not natural born) on March 10, 1942.  So, the President meets the NBC eligibility requirements because he was born on June 15, 1946 in the US to two American citizens.

A child born in the US of two naturalized citizens would be a NBC.

Cruz has two strikes against NBC status ... he is foreign born of one American parent. 

@txradioguy
@jpsb

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:58:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2017, 02:04:02 pm »

Because I have little time or patience for fools or fanatics and you fall into both categories.

Well at least I am not willing to trash our constitution unlike you Cruz cultists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2017, 02:10:46 pm »

Some courts say birth in the US equals NBC.  Many do not.  If this is taken to the Supreme Court, I suspect the Founders' intent will be corrupted to allow anchor babies from all over the world a claim to the US Presidency.

@jpsb

Offline jpsb

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:06 pm »
Yes, Trump's mother was born in Scotland.  However, she became a naturalized American citizen (full citizen, not natural born) on March 10, 1942.  So, the President meets the NBC eligibility requirements because he was born on June 15, 1946 in the US to two American citizens.

Cruz has two strikes against NBC status ... he is foreign born of one American parent. 

@txradioguy
@jpsb

Under original intent and until 1934 the citizenship of the mother was irreverent.

When the constitution was written citizenship of both the mother (wive) and the child was derived from the father (husband). In the 1790s if an American women married a Frenchman she became French. If a German became a naturalized American then his wife became American too.

There are probably American women have children fathered by ISIS fighters, being raised in ISIS training camps. According to the Cruz cultists these children are NBC of the USA and eligible to be POTUS. The notion that all you need to be POTUS is one parent with a US passport makes a mockery of the NBC clause in our constitution.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »
Well at least I am not willing to trash our constitution unlike you Cruz cultists.

Cruz Cult????  I don't care who you are....  that's the funniest damn thing I've heard today.

What do y'all call your contingent?  The Orange Crush?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »
When the constitution was written . . .

. . . it was given to Congress to determine citizenship.

And they defined citizenship such that Ted Cruz did not require being naturalized -- he's a natural-born citizen.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2017, 02:36:24 pm »

And they defined citizenship such that Ted Cruz did not require being naturalized -- he's a natural-born citizen.

No, they did not define citizenship such that Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen.  They defined categories of naturalized citizenship requirements.

Why so hell bent on corrupting a part of the Constitution that has served this nation so well for 230 years simply to accommodate the ambitions of a single politician?

Is Ted Cruz the only conservative politician in America?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »
Under original intent and until 1934 the citizenship of the mother was irreverent.

When the constitution was written citizenship of both the mother (wive) and the child was derived from the father (husband). In the 1790s if an American women married a Frenchman she became French. If a German became a naturalized American then his wife became American too.

There are probably American women have children fathered by ISIS fighters, being raised in ISIS training camps. According to the Cruz cultists these children are NBC of the USA and eligible to be POTUS. The notion that all you need to be POTUS is one parent with a US passport makes a mockery of the NBC clause in our constitution.

My, what a fertile imagination you have! 

I'm one of those Cruz cultists that you denigrate. Accordingly, there's not likely to be much common ground between us.

During the 1980 election, I advocated for Reagan with my German neighbors, who were sure he was going to start WWIII, and I did it in their language.

Had I been there last year, I likely would have found a secluded table in that gasthaus, and replied, "Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen." 
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2017, 02:40:14 pm »
No, they did not define citizenship such that Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen.  They defined categories of naturalized citizenship requirements.

Why so hell bent on corrupting a part of the Constitution that has served this nation so well for 230 years simply to accommodate the ambitions of a single politician?

IMHO, Trump is hell bent on corrupting our government by the influence given to his children and son in law...all liberals from New York.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Oceander

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2017, 02:41:42 pm »
It's an interesting question what the Supreme Court would do with the natural born citizen nonsense if it ever got a case. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2017, 02:45:37 pm »

Please describe the description of a citizen at birth that was in effect when Ted Cruz was born.

Please note, he fits it.  He did not require being naturalized.  He was natural born.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2017, 02:54:15 pm »
What I find most hilarious, is that the anti-Cruz Trump Fanatics and Militants who are insisting and opining that Ted Cruz is not a NB US Citizen, are the very same people who have insisted and opined that Trump is a Conservative even some saying he is a better Conservative than Reagan.

So, needless to say, their opinions are worthless AFAIC.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:02:11 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:10 pm »

Wrong I see you did not brother to read the preceding posts were I made it perfectly clear that Cruz is a naturalized citizen. Naturalized by a naturalization act passed by Congress in 1934. Without that naturalization act Cruz would not even be a citizen of the USA. 

The constitution gives Congress control over the naturalization process, a natural born citizen (NBC) is not a naturalized citizen. No law makes a NBC a citizen. If a law make you a citizen you are a naturalizes citizen not an NBC.  I don't know why so many are struggling with this concept, it is very simple.

And where is Cruz's Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)? If Cruzs' parents wanted Cruz to be a US citizen they were required to file a CRBA. If they wanted Cruz to be Canadian citizen no action was necessary. Without a CRBA Cruz is technically an illegal alien. 

I miss the old days where EVERYONE knew that you had to be born in the USA (or a territory belonging to the USA) to be a natural born citizen.  I blame public schools for dumbing down Americans.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2017, 03:09:20 pm »
It's an interesting question what the Supreme Court would do with the natural born citizen nonsense if it ever got a case.

The courts will stay out of it. Nothing will prevent Cruz from running, but the Rats will bound the crap out of Cruz on the NBC issue. He will be painted as a hypocrite claiming to support our constitution and running for POTUS when he knows he is not eligible under our constitution.

However I'll hold my nose and vote for him should he ever be the GOP nominee. And when my Rat friend call him a hypocrite I'll just say "fine what else have you got?"

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2017, 03:09:55 pm »
Please describe the description of a citizen at birth that was in effect when Ted Cruz was born.

Please note, he fits it.  He did not require being naturalized.  He was natural born.

Nah .... this conversation, as usual, is starting to circle and is going nowhere.  Complete information is all out there, so please, do your own research.

I hope the Cruz supporters find another conservative candidate to run for POTUS.  As a US citizen Cruz can take his place in the Senate and on the SC.  But not being a NBC, his place stops at the White House edge.  Need more proof than the Constitution and its application for 230 years?  Just count the number of hoops needed to pull Cruz through to the brass ring.

I ask my friends in the conservative wing of political thought to think long and hard, sans emotion, before seeking to corrupt the US Constitution to accommodate one politician. 

This is where the oft-quoted "principled" is put to the test---the ambitions of one man versus the inviolability of the Constitution of the United States. .   

(I'm done with this thread.)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:13:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »
Wrong I see you did not brother to read the preceding posts were I made it perfectly clear that Cruz is a naturalized citizen. Naturalized by a naturalization act passed by Congress in 1934. Without that naturalization act Cruz would not even be a citizen of the USA. 

The constitution gives Congress control over the naturalization process, a natural born citizen (NBC) is not a naturalized citizen. No law makes a NBC a citizen. If a law make you a citizen you are a naturalizes citizen not an NBC.  I don't know why so many are struggling with this concept, it is very simple.

And where is Cruz's Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)? If Cruzs' parents wanted Cruz to be a US citizen they were required to file a CRBA. If they wanted Cruz to be Canadian citizen no action was necessary. Without a CRBA Cruz is technically an illegal alien. 

I miss the old days where EVERYONE knew that you had to be born in the USA (or a territory belonging to the USA) to be a natural born citizen.  I blame public schools for dumbing down Americans.

You can blame public schools all you want, but equal dollops are due to parents that take no interest in educating their children outside of school. I'm not perfect, but my wife and I know we are our children's primary teachers.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2017, 03:11:54 pm »
Nah .... this conversation, as usual, is starting to circle and is going nowhere.  Complete information is all out there, so please, do your own research.

I hope the Cruz supporters find another conservative candidate to run for POTUS.  As a US citizen Cruz can take his place in the Senate and on the SC.  But not being a NBC, his place stops at the White House edge.  Need more proof than the Constitution and its application for 230 years?  Just count the number of hoops needed to pull Cruz through to the brass ring.

I ask my friends in the conservative wing of political thought to think long and hard, sans emotion, before seeking to corrupt the US Constitution to accommodate one politician. 

This is where the oft-quoted "principled" is put to the test---the ambitions one man versus the inviolability of the Constitution of the United States. .   

(I'm done with this thread.)

Aww, don't run away mad, RIV.

HonestJohn

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2017, 03:11:59 pm »

@txradioguy
@jpsb

Did she give up her UK citizenship?  If not, then she would not have been a US citizen as the US does not formally recognize dual citizenships.

(hoisted on your own petard)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:12:19 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2017, 03:13:22 pm »

Just a little hint.  It's not pre-1934 anymore.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2017, 03:13:29 pm »
Once again, criticizing Trump leads a Trump supporter to believe they are being personally criticized...

Offline jpsb

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:09 pm »

How many times do I have to tell you that Cruz was naturalized by the 1934 Naturalization Act.

here is a link to relevant laws http://www.americanlaw.com/citabrd.html

Also the constitution says nothing about "citizen at birth" so I don't know why that phrase is even in this conversation.