Author Topic: Stones  (Read 1552 times)

Wingnut

Stones
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:23:48 pm »
Kidney Stones that is.  Have you had them   When did you have them.  At what age?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Stones
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 11:30:44 pm »
Never had kidney stones. I've had kidney gravel a couple times - which hurts just as bad when you are passing it. First time I was about 45, second time last year.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:34:18 pm »
My Favorite nephew, all of 19 just went to the ER for them.  I told my sister ( his mom) she raised the boy wrong by not letting take to the bottle when he was a lad.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:34:45 pm »
Most of my life starting as a teen.

Runs in the fam. 

Ma had them.  Dad had em.  Uncle had hundreds of em. Sisters have em.  Daughter has em.

Mine are hereditary. Diet is not much of a factor.  Ours have something to do with the parathyroid and too much calcium in the urine and blood.

Drink lots of water, as in be a fish.  Endure the pain.   Sometimes OTC can take the edge off.  And hopefully pass it.

The real problem is when they get stuck or are too large to pass.  Watch if you get a fever if you have a stone.  That may indicate an infection or urine backing up back into your kidney.

Then you are talking ultrasonic lithotripsy or surgery.

Depending on the make-up of your stones, you could try making hydrangea root tea.  Which requires you to get chipped up hydrangea root from the health food store, mix it with a half gallon of apple cider and put it in the fridge for three days to steep, then take it out to bring to just below a boil for ten minutes, strain the root, refrige until cool - then take a wineglass of that stuff every hour on the hour until it is gone.  Sometimes, the root will dissolve some stones and either cause the larger ones to pass easier or sometimes disintegrate the small ones into a sandy grit you can pass without much fuss.

You have my sympathies if you are struggling with one.  Been there, done that - more times than I can count.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:28:41 am »
I have gallstones does that count?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:32:01 am »
I have gallstones does that count?

Well you have gall....  stones..not so much... :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:42:20 am »
Most of my life starting as a teen.

Runs in the fam. 

Ma had them.  Dad had em.  Uncle had hundreds of em. Sisters have em.  Daughter has em.

Mine are hereditary. Diet is not much of a factor.  Ours have something to do with the parathyroid and too much calcium in the urine and blood.

Drink lots of water, as in be a fish.  Endure the pain.   Sometimes OTC can take the edge off.  And hopefully pass it.

The real problem is when they get stuck or are too large to pass.  Watch if you get a fever if you have a stone.  That may indicate an infection or urine backing up back into your kidney.

Then you are talking ultrasonic lithotripsy or surgery.

Depending on the make-up of your stones, you could try making hydrangea root tea.  Which requires you to get chipped up hydrangea root from the health food store, mix it with a half gallon of apple cider and put it in the fridge for three days to steep, then take it out to bring to just below a boil for ten minutes, strain the root, refrige until cool - then take a wineglass of that stuff every hour on the hour until it is gone.  Sometimes, the root will dissolve some stones and either cause the larger ones to pass easier or sometimes disintegrate the small ones into a sandy grit you can pass without much fuss.

You have my sympathies if you are struggling with one.  Been there, done that - more times than I can count.
In areas of the country where the water is high in minerals, they are common.  No fun.  Never want to do that again.  You have My sympathy.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:47:16 am by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:41 am »
Yes, early 50's.   While suffering from them I discounted the claims of women who have experience both childbirth and kidney stones that the pain from kidney stones is worse, and still do, though in retrospect, I do believe the pain from them was the worst pain I've experienced, so I'm not sure I'm right to discount the claim.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 12:48:21 am »
Never had 'em. But I've been known to drink water laced with apple cider vinegar, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 01:04:43 am »
I'd rather listen to the Stones.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy3RdCd9zAM
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:22 pm »
I'd rather listen to the Stones.
I was hoping they were the topic of this thread. Oh well!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 11:45:49 pm »
I was hoping they were the topic of this thread. Oh well!

@mountaineer   All things shall pass....except Keith Richards evidently.