Author Topic: Homeowner Finds Squatters In Her House  (Read 1597 times)

Offline mirraflake

Homeowner Finds Squatters In Her House
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:23:53 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4695454/Homeowner-squatters-living-house.html

Dena Everman was closing on the sale of her Marietta, Georgia, home June 26
    She showed up to the home on June 25, only to discover Tamera Pritchett, her fiance and two children had moved in two weeks before
    The family responded to a fake Craigslist ad for the home and received a pair of keys after they signed e-documents and wired about $3,000 to a scammer
    Everman called the police, but they were unable to help since it didn't count as breaking and entering
    After notifying the district attorney, Everman said the family packed up Friday
    They had been living in the house for a total of nearly five weeks

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:25:13 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Re: Homeowner Finds Squatters In Her House
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »
Security tag still on her hat.. what a grifter and thief. In my Appalachian neck of the woods this woman would be SSS

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:32 pm »
Security tag still on her hat.. what a grifter and thief. In my Appalachian neck of the woods this woman would be SSS

In some circles the tag is seen as a fashion statement.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 07:29:01 pm »

I am happy I live in an area where open carry is a "fashion statement".

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »

Where's that? Jail?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 07:54:04 pm »
Where'd she get the $3000?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 07:57:10 pm »
Where'd she get the $3000?

She didn't. That's the scam. Wired money. Electronic documents. The proof was on her old phone but she dropped in the toilet, but honest she really really sent money and signed paperwork. Never mind that the locks were changed and the back window is busted out.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 08:05:11 pm »
It doesn't sound like she's a grifter and a thief, it sounds like someone naive who got shafted by a grifter and a thief. 

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 08:10:36 pm »
It doesn't sound like she's a grifter and a thief, it sounds like someone naive who got shafted by a grifter and a thief.

No, she really is a grifter and a thief.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »

Dude, she broke a window and changed the locks, there was no $3,000, there were no keys other than the ones that came with her new locks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 08:33:16 pm »
Dude, she broke a window and changed the locks, there was no $3,000, there were no keys other than the ones that came with her new locks.

The window was never repaired and the broken glass is till on the floor. I went to the homeowners FB page and I believe I saw the police are now finally setting up charges against the couple.

lol at Didndu Nuffins. Every time you see one of the squatters cases they are always black.

@Cyber Liberty
@Oceander

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 09:27:13 pm »
Update to the story:
 They broke in the back window and moved in and changed the locks.  Local courts are filing charges against them.

Ha- the perp's original story was suspect to me. This is more along the lines of what I thought happened. Get those charges filed.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 09:36:38 pm »
The window was never repaired and the broken glass is till on the floor. I went to the homeowners FB page and I believe I saw the police are now finally setting up charges against the couple.

lol at Didndu Nuffins. Every time you see one of the squatters cases they are always black.

@Cyber Liberty
@Oceander

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 09:51:58 pm »
Sell off her assets to pay her damages.

Those kids should be worth a couple of hundred each on the internet.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 11:26:27 pm »

Dude, she paid someone whom she thought was the owner $3,000 to rent the place.  He probably told her he lost the keys and she could break the window and change the locks.

Maybe there are facts we haven't been given that will change my view, but on the facts provided, the real victim here is the naive sucker who got screwed out of $3,000 because she trusted someone too much. 

This sort of scam happens a lot more than peopls hear about.  It happens a lot in NYC where unscrupulous people steal money all the time by pretending to own apartments they don't own or control.   
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:28:24 pm by Oceander »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 11:35:34 pm »
Dude, she paid someone whom she thought was the owner $3,000 to rent the place.  He probably told her he lost the keys and she could break the window and change the locks.

Easily proven... If her docs were on her phone, and the phone was destroyed, You know as well as I do those docs can be traced through her ISP, or through her web e-mail, and in fact, her phone's data is very likely backed up to the cloud.

So, no... her dog didn't eat her homework.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 11:42:02 pm »

Maybe there are facts we haven't been given that will change my view, but on the facts provided, the real victim here is the naive sucker who got screwed out of $3,000 because she trusted someone too much. 

This sort of scam happens a lot more than peopls hear about.  It happens a lot in NYC where unscrupulous people steal money all the time by pretending to own apartments they don't own or control.

I don't believe her.  It's  that simple.  Last I checked, I'm a reasonable man.  The stolen cap on her head did nothing to augment her credibility. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:43:43 pm »
I don't believe her.  It's  that simple.  Last I checked, I'm a reasonable man.  The stolen cap on her head did nothing to augment her credibility. 

How do you know the cap is stolen?   Do you know that she didn't acquire a dud security device and stuck it on her hat as some fashion statement?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 11:45:10 pm »
How do you know the cap is stolen?   Do you know that she didn't acquire a dud security device and stuck it on her hat as some fashion statement?

OK. now I know you are teasing me.  You had me going there.   :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 11:47:20 pm »
OK. now I know you are teasing me.  You had me going there.   :silly:

That's too bad, because I'm not kidding. 

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 11:52:08 pm »

The police are going to be filing charges in the future. Their story does not add up and they can't prove they paid anyone. This is a simple B&E.

@Oceander

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 11:53:21 pm »
The police are going to be filing charges in the future. Their story does not add up and they can't prove they paid anyone. This is a simple B&E.

@Oceander

If there is no proof they paid anyone, then that is a fact that will change my mind. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 12:08:58 am »
If there is no proof they paid anyone, then that is a fact that will change my mind.

Then we must all await the proof.  If charges are filed, then people will have incentive to provide the proof.  I only have my opinion, which means nothing.  Meanwhile, I think it would be good to keep names and addresses handy for the DA.

All the while, the person who, without question, owns the property and gets screwed waiting for the courts to decide.  Sound good to you?  Do you wonder why people hate lawyers?
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 12:13:14 am »

Read all the post and updates on the owners FB page. .  Read the post where the owner was allowed a walk through and the people totally trashed the house. The woman squatter has numerous alias.  Don't be so niaeive

https://www.facebook.com/dena.everman?ref=br_rs

@Oceander

@Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:18:19 am by mirraflake »

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 12:15:14 am »
Read all the post and updates on the owners FB page. .  Don't be so niaeive

https://www.facebook.com/dena.everman?ref=br_rs

No, if you want to persuade me here of a proposition, then you need to put the arguments and facts here.  I responded to the facts provided here.