Author Topic: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers  (Read 23705 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
Equating doing drugs with homosexuality is ridiculous.  Nuff said.

Right, a better comparison would be pre-marital sex or sex outside of the marriage of one man and one woman.   You could also use adultry.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »
Yes, adhering to a set of standards means you will almost certainly lose some people as you go through life. 

If something is wrong, it's wrong whether you do it or your son/daughter does it or some guy you've never met does it. 

And, we do need to be compassionate, but compassion does not mean changing core principles because we may offend or alienate someone close to us.

I know that, but if someone we love does something formerly considered unacceptable, we do have to look at it.  Sometimes it does help us to see things differently.  I'm not talking about real core values but lifestyle values.

I once thought it was wrong to co-habit before marriage, but it's accepted behavior now and I no longer think it's wrong.  What I still think is wrong is giving up on one's marriage because of insignificant things.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:11 pm »
Equating doing drugs with homosexuality is ridiculous. 

Why?  Because YOU say so?

Drugs may kill the brain and body - homosexuality kills the soul.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts - I Corinthians 6:9
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:16 pm »
You nor Jazz can point to one right in the Constitution that gays are prevented from enjoying that you and I do.

This whole myth that they are somehow being denied rights is stupid.

Trying to compare the struggle of an ethnic race to someone who chooses a sexual lifestyle is a disgrace to all those that struggled for Civil Rights for that ethnic group.

There is nothing normal about the gay lifestyle and gay "marriage" certainly doesn't promote normality...it simply puts a spotlight on something that is certainly an abomination to what marriage is supposed to be all about.

I don't know about Jazz but I never claimed that gays are denied rights under the constitution.  But they were denied a civil right to marry and now that they have that right, a lot of people are ticked off about it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:50 pm »
Based on your response then you do know what Jesus wants? Here's a hint: We have a guide to Christianity with which to base our decisions. Yep. Some people a long time ago thought to write stuff down and we now call it the Bible. But you know that.

Cut the bs and admit you're only here to troll. That's the only thing you do. You go on threads and make passive aggressive comments to get people all riled up and then sit back and play the little ol' me card. Go back to TOS or get a different hobby.

I am here to give my opinion and discuss issues rationally.  You only call it trolling because you don't agree with me.

Why don't you just ignore me if I upset you so much?  And if you don't have the willpower to do that, put me on ignore.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2017, 07:08:37 pm »
I love it when people are so sure they know exactly what Jesus would do and sanctimoniously say they'll pray for others to see things exactly as they do.

Why don't people ever say, "I'll pray for myself that I get a better understand of others."

You are a good and wise person.   Don't listen to the insults.  You are one of the beacons on this board.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:36 pm »
I don't know about Jazz but I never claimed that gays are denied rights under the constitution.  But they were denied a civil right to marry and now that they have that right, a lot of people are ticked off about it.

Gay "marriage" is not a civil right.  Neither is marriage between a woman and a man.  I don't have the "right" to marry.  So essentially what you and others advocate for is something that straight couples are denied.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:54 pm »
You are a good and wise person.   Don't listen to the insults.  You are one of the beacons on this board.

No one likes a suck up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online corbe

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »

Spoken as a 'truly' tolerant person @Jazzhead
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2017, 07:12:48 pm »
Equating doing drugs with homosexuality is ridiculous.  Nuff said.

So is equating it to the struggle blacks went through for equality in this country.  Nuff said.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2017, 07:13:59 pm »
I once thought it was wrong to co-habit before marriage, but it's accepted behavior now and I no longer think it's wrong.

It was also once thought wrong to kill infants in the womb, but now it's accepted behavior and people no longer think that wrong either.

And while today we might think killing an elderly person because they are no longer useful to society is wrong, once it becomes accepted behavior, people will no longer think that is wrong either.

Shouldn't be a surprise since principles mean jack to most Americans today.  It's only what they FEEL now in the moment that matters.

As Scripture says plainly - a little leaven, leavens the entire lump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »
Gay "marriage" is not a civil right.  Neither is marriage between a woman and a man.  I don't have the "right" to marry.  So essentially what you and others advocate for is something that straight couples are denied.

That totally does not make any sense at all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2017, 07:16:05 pm »
It was also once thought wrong to kill infants in the womb, but now it's accepted behavior and people no longer think that wrong either.

And while today we might think killing an elderly person because they are no longer useful to society is wrong, once it becomes accepted behavior, people will no longer think that is wrong either.

Shouldn't be a surprise since principles mean jack to most Americans today.  It's only what they FEEL now in the moment that matters.

I am one of the fiercest advocates for pro-life on this forum.

You are extrapolating, a common tactic here.  Like, if we let gays marry, pretty soon people will be able to marry their dogs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2017, 07:17:28 pm »
No one likes a suck up.

Wrong again.  I like a suck up when I'm the object of it.

See how often you've been wrong on this thread????

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2017, 07:17:44 pm »

Once people start buying into this "accepted behavior" crap...then it's anything goes.  We've already seen Pedophiles justify their perversion and use the same justifications as homosexuals and Polygamists and polyamorists use gay "marriage" as justification as to why their "unions" should be legally recognized.

Justice Scalia was 100% correct in his comment about a slippery slope. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »
That totally does not make any sense at all.

Of course it doesn't to you.

Bless your heart.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2017, 07:20:12 pm »

You are extrapolating, a common tactic here.  Like, if we let gays marry, pretty soon people will be able to marry their dogs.

People denied that gay "marriage" was going to become a reality after the Lawrence v Texas decision.

Yet here we are.  As I pointed out a couple posts ago...polygamists and pedophiles are already glomming onto the gay "rights" movement to justify their lifestyles.

Silver Pines

« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2017, 07:22:18 pm »

@txradioguy

I used to have a hairstylist who was a gay man, and he was also a friend so we talked.  He once said to me that the idea of two men or two women getting married was crazy to him.  I know, his opinion didn't extend beyond that, but take it for what it's worth. 

There's a reason why we feel grossed out when we see two women standing at the altar kissing, or two men.  Or when we see them running hand in hand down the aisle.  It's unnatural, and the response we have is visceral.  I think there are many on the left who would never admit to having such a reaction, but I would bet money they do have it.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2017, 07:26:10 pm »
There's a reason why we feel grossed out when we see two women standing at the altar kissing, or two men.  Or when we see them running hand in hand down the aisle.  It's unnatural, and the response we have is visceral.  I think there are many on the left who would never admit to having such a reaction, but I would bet money they do have it.

I think you'd find that many young people don't have the slightest hint of that reaction.

One could have said the same about interracial couples.  A large portion of the population had a visceral disgust at the thought, and now that portion is smaller.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2017, 07:27:31 pm »
@txradioguy

@CatherineofAragon

I used to have a hairstylist who was a gay man, and he was also a friend so we talked.  He once said to me that the idea of two men or two women getting married was crazy to him.  I know, his opinion didn't extend beyond that, but take it for what it's worth.

My ex's uncle and his partner been together 20+ years...same thought on getting "married".

Look if this was strictly about hospital visitations...property ownership...wills...etc..a civil union would do all that.

But we both know that's not what this whole agenda is about and why the push for a "marriage" ina  Church has been so important to the folks pushing the gay agenda. 

They won't ever admit it because at the end of the day for a Liberal...party and politics rule the over personal beliefs and upbringing.

And for a group that continually likes to chant about "stay out of the bedroom"...they sure have no problem bringing what they do in the bedroom out in public and shove it in people's faces and tell them to accept it or else.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:27:53 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »
I think you'd find that many young people don't have the slightest hint of that reaction.

One could have said the same about interracial couples.  A large portion of the population had a visceral disgust at the thought, and now that portion is smaller.

A lot of young people still feel that way...peer pressure and political correctness forces them to keep their views to themselves in public.

Silver Pines

« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »
A good friend decided to cut his son off due to a series of poor decisions the young man refused to learn from. Long story short, they are reunited and the young man is in Army intelligence. He is in jump school now because he wants to do spec ops. It took the young man about nine months of suffering to realize that dad was right about his life and that he was cut off out of love. My in-laws refuse to cut off brother-in-law and he now continues to make poor decisions. He is 42 and has still never purchased a car. My in-laws have given him every car he's ever had. They supplement his income even though, on paper, he makes enough to live responsibly. They have been doing this for 20 years now.

The reason we are in this mess is because we attempted to "broaden horizons" instead of treating the mentally ill as what they are. It's cruel, actually, to tell homosexuals that their lifestyles are acceptable.

@goodwithagun

Interesting post, and I agree.  It's killing them to tell them they can go on risking AIDS as long as they use a condom, but unpleasant truth is worse than death to some these days.

We have a similar situation going on with my husband's brother's kid. The boy started messing up from the time he vandalized his cousin's Christmas presents as a child, but he never saw a single consequence.  My in-laws, his grandparents, indulged him and bought him everything he wanted in an effort to make him happy.  When he got his license, they bought him a car.  He trashed it so they bought him another.  He's 22 now, has  never held a job, and has a police record as long as a man's arm, including an armed hostage situation.  My in-laws had their lawyers bail him out of every arrest.  And for all of that, he hates his grandparents with a burning passion, instead of being grateful for the time and money they wasted on his useless behind.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »

Yes, most people were opposed to interracial marriage until the 1990s.  Gay marriage seems to be headed in the same direction, with 40 and 47% of GOP members supporting it in recent polls.  It's just a matter of time before the party platform is changed ... 2024 would be my guess.  That is going to be a nasty fight.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2017, 07:33:48 pm »
A lot of young people still feel that way...peer pressure and political correctness forces them to keep their views to themselves in public.

Yeah, a lot do.  But most don't.

Same with interracial couples.

Frankly, marriage should be separated from the government.  It's a church thing and shouldn't have been crossed over into the civil realm...  Remember, "traditional marriage" can mean merging kingdoms.  It can mean an arranged marriage.  It can mean polygamy.  Etc.

We should do it like Germany, having separate civil bonds.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2017, 07:35:32 pm »
I know that, but if someone we love does something formerly considered unacceptable, we do have to look at it.  Sometimes it does help us to see things differently.  I'm not talking about real core values but lifestyle values.

I once thought it was wrong to co-habit before marriage, but it's accepted behavior now and I no longer think it's wrong.  What I still think is wrong is giving up on one's marriage because of insignificant things.

If you let what is publically accepted determine your moral compass you have none.  Right and wrong do not change. 
God is still in control