Author Topic: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers  (Read 23507 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »
His position at ExxonMobil was direct opposite.  He even mentioned he would not crater to pressure to provide same sex benefits, when other  companies were caving.

Why, do you suppose, he allowed the allowed the celebration of homosexual pride at the State Dept. last month?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2017, 01:54:58 pm »
Why, do you suppose, he allowed the allowed the celebration of homosexual pride at the State Dept. last month?

Good question.  All I know as CEO at ExxonMobil he was not homo-friendly.  How or why he changed?  I have no idea.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »
His position at ExxonMobil was direct opposite.  He even mentioned he would not crater to pressure to provide same sex benefits, when other  companies were caving.

@catfish1957
@Cripplecreek

That's true.  If you read about Tillerson and the Boy Scouts, some claim "pragmatism " led him to lobby for gays to be admitted.  So that's comforting.

It's also said he prayed about it and believed he was led to the right decision for the boys' sakes.    No doubt...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2017, 02:02:05 pm »
@catfish1957
@Cripplecreek

That's true.  If you read about Tillerson and the Boy Scouts, some claim "pragmatism " led him to lobby for gays to be admitted.  So that's comforting.

It's also said he prayed about it and believed he was led to the right decision for the boys' sakes.    No doubt...

He also joined Ivanka Trump in "recognizing" gay pride.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »
Good question.  All I know as CEO at ExxonMobil he was not homo-friendly.  How or why he changed?  I have no idea.

One's a corporation, deemed "a person" by law.  The CEO ultimately speaks and acts on behalf of the shareholders, and can lawfully deny them recognition.

The other is the government that wrote the discrimination laws.  More importantly, enforces them. 

It's a matter of being held to a higher standard, whether one likes it or not.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
@catfish1957
@Cripplecreek

Perhaps, he has a close family member or friend who've given him a broader perspective? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2017, 02:25:29 pm »
Perhaps, he has a close family member or friend who've given him a broader perspective?

@DCPatriot

That could be, although I wouldn't call it having a broader perspective.  I'd call it allowing personal involvement to sway one away from what he knows is right.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2017, 02:27:19 pm »
@DCPatriot

That could be, although I wouldn't call it having a broader perspective.  I'd call it allowing personal involvement to sway one away from what he knows is right.

I've got gay relatives and they haven't "broadened" my perspectives despite me treating them like any other family members.

Silver Pines

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2017, 02:45:06 pm »
I've got gay relatives and they haven't "broadened" my perspectives despite me treating them like any other family members.

Same would be true for me.  I have a friend whose sister got tired of men and decided she was a lesbian.  This chick turned into a tyrant, bullying any family member who didn't approve, threatening to remove her presence forever.  My friend gave in and took her three daughters to the lesbian's "wedding".  The girls are in a conservative Catholic school, so reconciling the wedding with school/church teaching must be challenging.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 02:52:15 pm »
@DCPatriot

Or, perhaps,  personal involvement that swayed him to the conclusion that myth-based discrimination against homosexuals isn't right.   

It is perhaps unfortunate that the SCOTUS ruled as quickly as it did;  the public's acceptance of civil equality for homosexuals was increasing rapidly as more and more folks realized that they knew homosexuals at work, at church,  and in their own families.   States were lining up to change their laws, and employers were lining up to change their benefit practices. 

Familiarity is the true enemy of intolerance.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:53:20 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2017, 03:07:22 pm »
myth-based discrimination

@Jazzhead

Still "disaffected", I see, lol.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2017, 03:08:46 pm »

Well, that's a start, @Cripplecreek .

^-^

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2017, 03:16:26 pm »
@Jazzhead

Still "disaffected", I see, lol.

My opposition is to discrimination, not religion.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2017, 03:28:55 pm »

LOL!  Religion is discriminating. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »
One's a corporation, deemed "a person" by law.  The CEO ultimately speaks and acts on behalf of the shareholders, and can lawfully deny them recognition.

The other is the government that wrote the discrimination laws.  More importantly, enforces them. 

It's a matter of being held to a higher standard, whether one likes it or not.

So a gov't agency hositng a gay pride month is what is necessary to uphold discrimination laws? 

Silver Pines

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2017, 03:45:12 pm »

Discrimination is bad or good depending on the issue at hand.  People discriminate every day in order to make correct choices. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »
dis·crim·i·nate
dəˈskriməˌnāt/Submit
verb
recognize a distinction; differentiate.
"babies can discriminate between different facial expressions of emotion"
synonyms:   differentiate, distinguish, draw a distinction, tell the difference, tell apart; separate, separate the sheep from the goats, separate the wheat from the chaff
"he cannot discriminate between fact and fiction"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2017, 04:16:42 pm »

Right.... that 'myth-based' thing you supposedly don't discriminate against.   

I choose to discriminate against those opposed to discrimination.... with prejudice. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2017, 04:19:27 pm »
Trump is an idiot and an embarrassment to this nation as are his followers...

I ignored politics for the most part for the last eight years with Obama so its not difficult to do the same with Trump. :shrug: :shrug:

I must say I can't help looking in on the threads his acolytes post to get my morning chuckle...keep it up guys and girls your efforts are not in vain :tongue2:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2017, 04:49:02 pm »

You refer to Christianity as a myth and then claim not to discriminate  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2017, 04:55:16 pm »
Or, perhaps,  personal involvement that swayed him to the conclusion that myth-based discrimination against homosexuals isn't right.   

It is perhaps unfortunate that the SCOTUS ruled as quickly as it did;  the public's acceptance of civil equality for homosexuals was increasing rapidly as more and more folks realized that they knew homosexuals at work, at church,  and in their own families.   States were lining up to change their laws, and employers were lining up to change their benefit practices. 

Familiarity is the true enemy of intolerance.   

The only time there is "myth-based discrimination against homosexuals" is when Liberals such as yourself claim that gays are denied the same rights as straight people.

It's not only a myth...it's a lie.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »

I hesitated about even looking at this thread for a couple of days but I've read all 4 or 5 pages and been amazed at the civility shown by all.  Congrats!

I wasn't tempted to post a reply until I saw your post here.

There is nothing like having one's own child or someone you care deeply for get into behavior you previously despised.  It certainly makes you think and get perspective.

You can either lose the person or broaden your own horizons.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2017, 05:18:34 pm »
I may have spoken too soon about civility because I didn't read Page 5 when I posted.

There is nothing like a discussion of homosexuality to bring out the beast in people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
LOL!  Religion is discriminating.

I can recall a time when being thought of as a "discriminating" person was considered a compliment.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:25:53 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2017, 05:30:50 pm »
I may have spoken too soon about civility because I didn't read Page 5 when I posted.

There is nothing like a discussion of homosexuality to bring out the beast in people.

It's only nasty when people try to falsely claim discrimination and bigotry that doesn't exist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!