Author Topic: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers  (Read 23504 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »
That's not true...go look at my posting history...I do townhall all the time, NRO[which screws with my browser] Gateway Pundit...etc etc etc...and RUSH!

But I guess it's never enough!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »
That's not true...go look at my posting history...I do townhall all the time, NRO[which screws with my browser] Gateway Pundit...etc etc etc...and RUSH!

That is because you're not posting essays and Op-Ed pieces intended to shove a finger into the eye sockets of Conservatives who will not bend the knee to Trump and shower him with hosannas.  That is sacrilege.

It's a stick in their craw that anyone on this board would have issues with anything Trump says, does, tweets or who sits in for him at G-20 summits while doling out taxpayer funds to support his daughter's foundation initiative.  Those kinds of discussions need to be derailed with cheerleading the greatness of Trump that we enemies of the state fail to acquiesce to.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 08:54:25 pm »
That is because you're not posting essays and Op-Ed pieces intended to shove a finger into the eye sockets of Conservatives who will not bend the knee to Trump and shower him with hosannas.  That is sacrilege.

It's a stick in their craw that anyone on this board would have issues with anything Trump says, does, tweets or who sits in for him at G-20 summits while doling out taxpayer funds to support his daughter's foundation initiative.  Those kinds of discussions need to be derailed with cheerleading the greatness of Trump that we enemies of the state fail to acquiesce to.

When I first started TBR I did almost all the posting...finally after many years members have taken up that charge which I very much appreciate. I still go through all my bookmarks everyday to find articles that will be of interest,,not counting breaking political news....I am not asking for any kudos but By God to accuse me of not posting the right articles sticks in my craw.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2017, 08:58:47 pm »
   I've noticed another thing about your postings @mystery-ak you do have a tendency to put Editorial/Opinions pieces in the appropriate section as I try to do also and you rarely, if ever, post incendiary stuff, as I and @truth_seeker are guilty of.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »
The problem is, any criticism of the man puts you in the NT or Globalist category.  It's the reason I split from TOS where they're regularly begging for money and regularly offline.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 09:16:59 pm »
Whatever Trump's done in the past, at this point - with Haley at the U.N. Mattis as Sec Def, Sessions as AG, Pruitt at EPA, DeVoss at Fed Ed - I'm having trouble desperately clinging to his Not being my first choice.

He was a this that and the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2DeQtVyJM
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 09:24:01 pm »
   I've noticed another thing about your postings @mystery-ak you do have a tendency to put Editorial/Opinions pieces in the appropriate section as I try to do also and you rarely, if ever, post incendiary stuff, as I and @truth_seeker are guilty of.

So positive material about the Republican President, on a site named "GOP" with a Reagan picture on the masthead, is "Incendiary?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2017, 09:37:06 pm »
So positive material about the Republican President, on a site named "GOP" with a Reagan picture on the masthead, is "Incendiary?"

No @truth_seeker I didn't say that and that was not the intention of my 'quite factual' post. These are clearly opinion pieces allowed, by the way, to stay in Politics and in spite of the way Trumpers feel about them, they are quite incendiary to some of us as has been noted by some members, that you would readily classify as nevertrumpers (whatever that is).
   It's all good, this place is middle of the road I can post my stuff that would appear to you and your buddies as nevertrump stuff and you can post yours....see how simple that is?

As far as you bringing up that ol Reagan in the Masthead BS again, it's crap in my book and used way to often here by some members as an attack on this Board.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2017, 09:54:50 pm »

Of course not, but I'm sure you're not so obtuse not to know, since you posted two different articles with similarly worded titles, that articles about foolish Never Trumpers can be incendiary.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2017, 09:59:30 pm »
Of course not, but I'm sure you're not so obtuse not to know, since you posted two different articles with similarly worded titles, that articles about foolish Never Trumpers can be incendiary.

I posted several articles, not just two. They came from Townhall, a reliable conservative source. I didn't write them.

If that is obtuse, so be it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2017, 11:45:14 pm »
The Foolishness of Never Trumpers

Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today

Two articles with almost the same title saying almost the same thing posted by the same person...If I didn't know better I would say that this poster is trying to incite a fight on the forum...but that's just me... *****rollingeyes*****
That was my opinion as well, and why I have not bothered to comment on this bit of cheerleading.

Where's the wall?

Obamacare is still in effect.

Hillary is still at large.

Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Y'all don't hurt your arms patting your selves on the back. He has done some good.

But there are 3 1/2 more years in this term yet, and a lot of unresolved issues.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:45:43 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2017, 12:03:17 am »
That was my opinion as well, and why I have not bothered to comment on this bit of cheerleading.

Where's the wall?

Obamacare is still in effect.

Hillary is still at large.

Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Y'all don't hurt your arms patting your selves on the back. He has done some good.

But there are 3 1/2 more years in this term yet, and a lot of unresolved issues.
You know what they say about arguing on the Internet and the Special Olympics (as offensive as the saying may be).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 12:10:53 am »
Don't come in here with that notion that it's "any" criticism.   That's bullshit and a game with words.   

I'll tell you what's "bullshit": the notion that any of us who dare criticize Trump for any reason whatsoever are undeserving of reasoned arguments to the contrary, as opposed to false accusations and ad hominem attacks.

That's not only bullshit, it is cultist behavior.

I happen to like quite a number of things that Trump has done, but do not dare tell me to refrain from criticizing him when I think he deserves it.

It is a common and very human mistake to view as "enemies" those whose only transgression is to recognize the flaws in your heroes.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:02 am »
You might have thought that once the election was over that the Never Trumpers would have wised up and at least have abided by the old rule, “If you cannot say something nice, then don’t say anything at all.”

Is this person crazy?  He actually believes Americans should refrain from criticizing a president?

Maybe he'd be happier living in a monarchy.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:10 am »
I'll tell you what's "bullshit": the notion that any of us who dare criticize Trump for any reason whatsoever are undeserving of reasoned arguments to the contrary, as opposed to false accusations and ad hominem attacks.

I happen to like quite a number of things that Trump has done, but do not dare tell me to refrain from criticizing him when I think he deserves it.

It is a common and very human mistake to view as "enemies" those whose only transgression is to recognize the flaws in your heroes.

Well said!   :da man:

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Silver Pines

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2017, 12:24:12 am »
I simply reviewed and posted recent material, from a leading conservative source (Townhall). (Not Politico, NYT etc. as has often been the case here, to support a #nevertrump agenda)

@truth_seeker

Is there a list of approved sources we should post from?  Conservative Treehouse, Gateway Pundit, maybe a couple of others....because I want to promote the correct agenda.

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 12:27:30 am »
The notion that any criticism of a person automatically makes you an opponent of that person is the type of thought process that characterizes liberal Progressives, not conservatives.

@andy58-in-nh

Even if it did, that would be fine.  It's perfectly okay not to like Trump, even though it's often portrayed as a character failing/spiritual problem or whatever.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2017, 12:35:11 am »
When I first started TBR I did almost all the posting...finally after many years members have taken up that charge which I very much appreciate. I still go through all my bookmarks everyday to find articles that will be of interest,,not counting breaking political news....I am not asking for any kudos but By God to accuse me of not posting the right articles sticks in my craw.

@mystery-ak

You deserve kudos Myst.  I thank you every day for the on-line life preserver after the rude (anti-conservative) purge at TOS.

This place is far superior to TOS, and you have done a lot to make it a pleasurable site.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2017, 12:49:11 am »
@mystery-ak

You deserve kudos Myst.  I thank you every day for the on-line life preserver after the rude (anti-conservative) purge at TOS.

This place is far superior to TOS, and you have done a lot to make it a pleasurable site.

Thank you that means a lot to me.
Support the USO

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50:57 am »

There are many articles I'd love to post but the poor old gerbil running my poor old iPad has just about had it. She can't/copy paste at all. I've asked for two things for my birthday this summer: My kids' baptism portraits formally matted and framed and a new iPad. If the latter occurs, watch out TBR!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:51:39 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2017, 01:06:59 am »
There are many articles I'd love to post but the poor old gerbil running my poor old iPad has just about had it. She can't/copy paste at all. I've asked for two things for my birthday this summer: My kids' baptism portraits formally matted and framed and a new iPad. If the latter occurs, watch out TBR!

LOL!  We're ready.

Offline corbe

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2017, 01:14:19 am »
   @RoosGirl @Sanguine
   I agree, we need more of a woman's prospective here, the reek of testosterone is sometimes overwhelming.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2017, 01:16:59 am »
   @RoosGirl @Sanguine
   I agree, we need more of a woman's prospective here, the reek of testosterone is sometimes overwhelming.

It's OK from a slight distance.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2017, 01:23:32 am »

Get off your high horse, Andy.  Nobody is telling you to refrain from criticizing anybody.

My point was clear.  Stop deflecting.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald