Author Topic: Trump Supporters Cry Bias After NPR Tweets the Declaration of Independence  (Read 5035 times)

Wingnut

Amoung his other major accomplishments LBJ was so crooked he could hide behind a cork screw.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
NPR AND PBS need to have the federal funding shut off.
Yep! The NEA, too!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:17:35 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

It used to be great fun predicting how long it would take before any particular troll would get the "Zot"...lol.  Who knew they would ever start zotting folks that were not trolls, just opposing opinion members...?
Actually, that writing was on the wall with the Rudy purge, the Romney purge, etc.  The definition of "Troll" just changed from purge to purge, although there were some real ones.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

November 7, 1967

Public Broadcasting Act Signed Into Law

President Lyndon B. Johnson signs a law setting up public broadcasting in the U.S. and establishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
It worked, too. He has had the Media voting Democrat for the last 50 years...

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Story offers no collaboration that these are "Trump supporters" from what I see. A lie.
Other than their own tweets, their defense of Trump against the Constitution of the United States, their righteous indignation that public media does not echo their mental retardation...I also see no evidence these are "Trump supporters."

Offline Suppressed

So no wonder 23% of Americans think the War of Independence was from Mexico.

Where does the "Mexico" thing come in?!

23% gave "unsure" or another country, but I don't see Mexico specified.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

And this is how we ended up with an ignorant, arrogant vulgarian for president.
Uninformed voters.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Uninformed voters.

Their fantasy that there was a golden age of unbiased honesty in the media shows just of crushingly ignorant most Americans are.

Offline Smokin Joe

Their fantasy that there was a golden age of unbiased honesty in the media shows just of crushingly ignorant most Americans are.
But Walter Cronkite told us "that's the way it was" and Huntley and Brinkley wouldn't have lied to us!

Gravitas, baby!

We've been played for suckers by the soap-sellers for a long time.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Of course the MSM has always been biased. The difference today is there are alternatives  to their left-wing bias.  In other words,   it's become much easier to find two sides of any story and issue. Fourty years ago, situations like the Dan Rather National Guard story  would have gone unanswered
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:53:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

But Walter Cronkite told us "that's the way it was" and Huntley and Brinkley wouldn't have lied to us!

Gravitas, baby!

We've been played for suckers by the soap-sellers for a long time.

To even question Cronkite was considered borderline blasphemy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

To even question Cronkite was considered borderline blasphemy
I knew he was on the other side after Tet.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL. This has been an NPR tradition for 29 years in various forms.

LOL... NPR is LOL  why are they wasting taxpayer money.  Who is going to read that many tweets?  What's the point?  It's available in so many more accessible forms.

And why are they pointing to some idiotic tweet responses as reflecting all Trump supporters.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

LOL... NPR is LOL  why are they wasting taxpayer money.  Who is going to read that many tweets?  What's the point?  It's available in so many more accessible forms.

And why are they pointing to some idiotic tweet responses as reflecting all Trump supporters.

NPR!!!  Tweeting the Constitution on the 4th of July!!!  How dare they !!!

Go get 'em Emjay. 888high58888

Offline Rivergirl

Amazing how far pretzels will go to defend DT dopes.  It's all NPRs fault for tweeting the Declaration of Independence on Independence Day.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:12:42 am by Rivergirl »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Amazing how far pretzels will go to defend DT dopes.  It's all NPRs fault for tweeting the Declaration of Independence on Independence Day.

@Rivergirl

Never underestimate the power of ignorance.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,270740.msg1380054.html#msg1380054

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Uninformed voters.

And yet, even with his flaws, he's still a huuuuuge improvement over the last four presidents!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

HonestJohn

Yes. The new normal.

Makes no difference if you are a Leftist or a Populist or a self-identifying Conservative these days when it comes to declaring absolutely, positively anything and everything that is not 100% behind your cause/politician/President... to be 'fake'/evil etc., etc., etc. the split second it is not in genuflecting adoration of the aforementioned.

Meanwhile, it is still ridicule time for those clinging to the primacy of principles and reverence of character.

This has been the case since the advent of social media.  Anti-vaxxers are a perfect example, as are the FEMA/UN Walmart reeducation camp crowd.

What's new is that these drooling idiots are now empowered by their idiot President.

Oceander

And yet, even with his flaws, he's still a huuuuuge improvement over the last four presidents!

Hardly.  That determination can't be made for at least another two years. 

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, the last four are mostly done doing any damage, except for Obama's violations of the Logan Act. What this administration pulls out of the hat remains to be seen.

C S Lewis

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Well, the last four are mostly done doing any damage, except for Obama's violations of the Logan Act. What this administration pulls out of the hat remains to be seen.

I think most participants on this forum would agree that
Clinton and Obama were pretty atrocious,
and the two Bushes were at best mediocre.

All four were consistent with one another in bringing about:
1) 10 to 15 million MORE illegal aliens, and
2) 50 to 70 thousand factories exported!

Not to mention skyrocketing taxes AND national debt!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:51:21 am by unite for individuality »
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao