Author Topic: Church choir sings 'Make America Great Again' song to Trump  (Read 10961 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Church choir sings 'Make America Great Again' song to Trump
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2017, 08:36:30 pm »
Much do about NADA!  I just thank God that there is nothing more "news-worthy" going on today on this day of national celebration of our nation's founding.   So by all means.... carry on....

re: the nit-picking-minutia activities of the day.....lol.

:patriot:

:beer:   Happy Independence Day!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »
Back atcha from a direct descendant of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins.
I am descended from many Sons of the American Revolution, and some early noteworthy preachers, including Rev. Hatevil Nutter, Rev. Joseph Hull, etc.

Puritans, Anglicans, later Baptists, Methodists, Mormons. And Abolitionist Rev. Elijah Parish Lovejoy, who gave his life over freedom of the Press.

All of which comes to a big "so what?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2017, 09:19:06 pm »
I am descended from many Sons of the American Revolution, and some early noteworthy preachers, including Rev. Hatevil Nutter, Rev. Joseph Hull, etc.

Puritans, Anglicans, later Baptists, Methodists, Mormons. And Abolitionist Rev. Elijah Parish Lovejoy, who gave his life over freedom of the Press.

All of which comes to a big "so what?"

I know, but it's interesting.  On my mother's side we are descended from Seventh Day Baptists who came over from Wales very early.  My (great + 4) grandfather was Elnathan Davis, who converted to First Day Baptist and was a preacher in North and South Carolina.  Legend has it that he died at 90 while mounting his horse to go to one of his churches.  Actually, I got into genealogy because of my Mother because she was so interested in her Baptist history.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
QFT.
I do not mind patriotism. I do not mind a church celebrating the nation. Love of country is not against Yahweh, who establishes the nations. That's all good.

My issue is not patriotism.

My issue is the fact that as a nation, we put more "faith in the American people" than we put faith in Yah.  More faith in electing politicians to 'save us' than we put faith in Yah.  More faith in our own handiwork than faith in Yah.  More faith in our own ideas of Morality than Yah's Commandments.  More faith in our future at the hands of our institutions and forbears that we sing songs to, than an eternal future that we are forbidden to sings songs about in the public square.

"Patriotism" is become its own faith in self.  Faith in government and in our institutions by the hand of man, rather than thanksgiving for the liberty we were gifted by the Hand of Yah in Whom only we were to put our faith.

That a church participates in a patriotic performance is not the issue.  That a church would write a song to sing praises to a politician and his campaign slogan, more than makes the point that as a people, our focus of song and praise is entirely misplaced.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2017, 10:20:37 pm »

[...]
That a church participates in a patriotic performance is not the issue.  That a church would write a song to sing praises to a politician and his campaign slogan, more than makes the point that as a people, our focus of song and praise is entirely misplaced.

Absolutely spot on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2017, 10:45:55 pm »
By former pastor Gary Moore and sung by the choir...Make America Great Again!!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw4g4CkoGqM

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »

My issue is the fact that as a nation, we put more "faith in the American people" than we put faith in Yah.  More faith in electing politicians to 'save us' than we put faith in Yah.  More faith in our own handiwork than faith in Yah.  More faith in our own ideas of Morality than Yah's Commandments.  More faith in our future at the hands of our institutions and forbears that we sing songs to, than an eternal future that we are forbidden to sings songs about in the public square.

"Patriotism" is become its own faith in self.  Faith in government and in our institutions by the hand of man, rather than thanksgiving for the liberty we were gifted by the Hand of Yah in Whom only we were to put our faith.

I have a different and deeper issue. It has nothing to do with who sings what where, in this case, but the presumption that America ever quit being great. It would have to have done so to be made great "again".

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2017, 12:02:44 am »
I have a different and deeper issue. It has nothing to do with who sings what where, in this case, but the presumption that America ever quit being great. It would have to have done so to be made great "again".

I understand what you are saying but in reality, political correctness and the push to liberalize our society, America isn't what she used to be.  IMHO Bammy was out to destroy this country and Clinton would have put the final nails in her coffin.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2017, 12:10:56 am »

:beer:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2017, 12:15:01 am »
I understand what you are saying but in reality, political correctness and the push to liberalize our society, America isn't what she used to be.  IMHO Bammy was out to destroy this country and Clinton would have put the final nails in her coffin.

By your very presence here telling us these things means you haven't discounted yourself, or Joe, or me, or any of the rest of us. And that the problems in this country are still surmountable.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2017, 01:01:26 am »
By your very presence here telling us these things means you haven't discounted yourself, or Joe, or me, or any of the rest of us. And that the problems in this country are still surmountable.

Not by our own hands.

If the root cause of those problems are not properly addressed and dealt with in terms of an about-face - then sir, the problems in this country ARE insurmountable and will only be replaced with 'fixes' that will make the current problems tame in comparison.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2017, 01:10:16 am »
Not by our own hands.

If the root cause of those problems are not properly addressed and dealt with in terms of an about-face - then sir, the problems in this country ARE insurmountable and will only be replaced with 'fixes' that will make the current problems tame in comparison.

I know what you mean. There is a part of me that wishes hillary got elected instead.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2017, 01:16:25 am »
Not by our own hands.

You and I both know the power that will make this country the greatest--but only if we embrace that as a nation. You have said as much yourself. All we can do is be His tools and do our best to promote the values that will bring lasting strength, harmony, and prosperity...and decry those choices which will not.
The Creator is still in control.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2017, 01:55:37 am »
You and I both know the power that will make this country the greatest--but only if we embrace that as a nation. You have said as much yourself. All we can do is be His tools and do our best to promote the values that will bring lasting strength, harmony, and prosperity...and decry those choices which will not.
The Creator is still in control.

We do that here and elsewhere, each in our own small way as each of us as part of the Body are equipped and enabled to do so.

We speak the Truth and we do so without apology and without compromise regarding those things that are foundational to the strength, harmony and prosperity you mentioned.

The reaction to what we remind folks of, is a witness and a harbinger of the fact that when Judgment unfolds - it was preceded by warnings that went ignored, ridiculed and/or dismissed.

Online corbe

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2017, 01:59:10 am »
I know what you mean. There is a part of me that wishes hillary got elected instead.

I get ya @bigheadfred but that's like 'unspoken' code here, Some of us Briefers can never mention that we could possible even ever consider voting for that witch, even though we've been accused of it a thousand times.
   The election of hellary would have just hastened the inevitable demise, Not even Trump can save this CF, he'll only prolong the agony.
    I'm not advocating violence, there are other avenues, should I turn off the @INVAR station?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:25 am »

I can't believe you said that.  But you probably aren't the only one who thinks it.

Hillary would have completed what Obama started and totally ruined our country. 

Trump has done nothing yet to even hurt our country unless he embarrasses you by his tweeting and other behavior.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:09 am »
    I'm not advocating violence, there are other avenues, should I turn off the @INVAR station?

II Chronicles 7:14 is a great avenue to traverse.

Too bad we cannot even get the churches in this country to discuss it.

So we will likely have to suffer verse 13 and worse first if this people will even entertain the idea.

Online corbe

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2017, 02:08:22 am »
I can't believe you said that.  But you probably aren't the only one who thinks it.

Trump has done nothing yet to even hurt our country unless he embarrasses you by his tweeting and other behavior.

@bigheadfred better go get your fire suit.
    I just 'unfriended you' you should be ashamed throwing all that RED MEAT at once to the Trumpsters here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2017, 02:10:30 am »
    @bigheadfred better go get your fire suit.
    I just 'unfriended you' you should be ashamed throwing all that RED MEAT at once to the Trumpsters here.
I think he did it just to keep them from yapping and nipping at everyone's ankles.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2017, 02:11:39 am »
I like hard rock.

I think his prolong is really a prolapse.

My daddy always told me: Do what you have to do.

Online corbe

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2017, 02:20:24 am »
    By the time I was smart enough to accept my Daddy's advice, He was Gone but what little I got stuck with me for ever, those old farts knew more than they will ever be credited for, kinda like us, I sometimes ponder.
     Bless my Dear Sweet MoM.

Online corbe

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2017, 02:23:41 am »
I think he did it just to keep them from yapping and nipping at everyone's ankles.

I would suspect they are on Conference Call right now @Smokin Joe

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2017, 02:27:45 am »

I can't believe you said that.

heh heh heh

Just think of me as The Tenth Leper.

I came home from work one day last week. I was tired. My feet hurt. I was grouchy. The wife had a sprinkler going by the porch. There was a breeze blowing the water around. In that shifting mist was a rainbow. I stood there and watched it for a few minutes.

And I felt better.

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2017, 02:39:10 am »
I can't believe you said that.

heh heh heh

Just think of me as The Tenth Leper.

I came home from work one day last week. I was tired. My feet hurt. I was grouchy. The wife had a sprinkler going by the porch. There was a breeze blowing the water around. In that shifting mist was a rainbow. I stood there and watched it for a few minutes.

And I felt better.

I see the Beauty, even in your illustration @bigheadfred , it seems people today, are in such a tremendous hurry, family, careers they take for granted the absolute preciousness of it all, I no longer miss those opportunities.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2017, 02:44:58 am »

I would suspect they are on Conference Call right now @Smokin Joe

I remember an employer asking a guy who was looking for a Job where they were when He called about some concrete work.

The Job seeker's answer? I was on a conference call.