Author Topic: Put Down the Phone, Mr. President  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Put Down the Phone, Mr. President
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:48:53 pm »
Jonah Goldberg June 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Dear Reader (Let’s just do this thing), To paraphrase the great man himself, we’re going to live every week like it’s Energy Week.

As I tried to explain on NPR this morning, I think you can look at this week — officially “Energy Week” according to the crackerjack folks working in the White House Communications shop (who I kind of imagine live in a constant state of captive fear of Trump’s Twitter feed, like Craster’s wives).

It began very well for the president (and I said so on Special Report). The Supreme Court backed him up — decisively — on the travel ban. Neil Gorsuch revealed himself to be the conservative star he was sold as. The president had a very good meeting with the prime minister of India. Monday was arguably the best day of Donald Trump’s presidency since his address to Congress.

There were other successes this week too — for the GOP and, by extension, for Trump. The House passed some good stuff. There were actually some solid energy policies unveiled as part of Energy Week. I’m not saying it was the greatest legislative triumph since the Code of Hammurabi was unveiled, but all in all it wasn’t too shabby.

Does it feel like that now?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/449152/donald-trump-tweets-agenda-damaged-character-revealed
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Re: Put Down the Phone, Mr. President
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:00:50 am »
Great article. Sums up my opinion on der-Trumpfster perfectly.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:11:19 am »
Jonah Goldberg June 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/449152/donald-trump-tweets-agenda-damaged-character-revealed

@Mod1 please be advised I just posted this same editorial in the editorial section. Any guidance, or just leave as is?  :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 12:14:07 am »
   Ping that Virginia Lady to the OTHER one, she'll have it locked in no time flat.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:15:05 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:15:42 am »
@Mod1 please be advised I just posted this same editorial in the editorial section. Any guidance, or just leave as is?  :thud:

There's no choice.  Shall we say, Pistols at dawn?   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 12:17:17 am »
I tend to understand things better by analogous thinking. Things like this. So read it as The Pros and Cons of Trump Tweeting

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 12:18:10 am »

Didn't take long for the mods to be called...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 12:18:57 am »
   Ping that Virginia Lady to the OTHER one, she'll have it locked in no time flat.

:laugh: 888high58888

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 12:35:34 am »

I removed yours since Cyber posted first and yours had no posts on it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 12:44:48 am »
Conservatives for most of my life argued that character matters. That went by the wayside for many people in 2016.

Yep, but tells us about their own character, so let them keep telling us how it doesn't matter anymore.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 12:48:43 am »
What he said about Reagan was interesting too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 12:49:24 am »
Yep, but tells us about their own character, so let them keep telling us how it doesn't matter anymore.

:hands:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 12:49:52 am »
I tend to understand things better by analogous thinking. Things like this. So read it as The Pros and Cons of Trump Tweeting

You missed the most important one of all. Splatter. I am so tall that by the time my 'tinkle' makes it to toilet it has turned into a yellow rain more than a stream. If I don't have a man urinal, and I don't want to make a mess at someone's house, I have to squat. I don't mind it too much for some of the reasons listed above. And, it makes me feel pretty.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 01:26:14 am »
Is I am so tall white man speak for I am so short????

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 03:00:40 am »
This thread actually made sense to me.  I must be crazy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 03:23:22 am »
  You should clean your Bong more @Emjay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 03:23:48 am »
This thread actually made sense to me.  I must be crazy.

9999what

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 03:26:01 am »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 10:31:06 am »

Then I wonder what was the point on attacking Clinton's character.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:46:50 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 10:37:59 am »
Great article. Sums up my opinion on der-Trumpfster perfectly.

Same here.

I've been saying since the general election he needed  to put Twitter away unless it's the official account run by his communication office otherwise he's going to be in big trouble of his own doing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 10:38:56 am »
Then I wonder what was the point on attacking Clinton's character.

Distraction.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 10:47:46 am »
Distraction.

Well, we better not be using the Character issue on the Dem in 2020..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 10:50:33 am »

Well, we better not be using the Character issue on the Dem in 2020..

Oh I agree. We tried to tell people last year that those who tried to say Trump was better than Hillary in the area of character were nuts.

Not that it will stop them from trying again in 4 years to compare his character to whomever runs against him.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 10:54:48 am »
Oh I agree. We tried to tell people last year that those who tried to say Trump was better than Hillary in the area of character were nuts.

Not that it will stop them from trying again in 4 years to compare his character to whomever runs against him.

They will and it will backfire imho..

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 01:14:33 pm »

Attributes such as "honesty", "character", and "leadership" no longer matter to the average voter. It's all about "gibsmedats", and my kids and grandson will be handed a $30-$40 trillion deficit over the next 10 years. Heck, the Uniparty remains mired in fighting over reductions in the planned growth of spending, let alone actually cutting fat from the federal budget.

That applies to the Department of Defense, too. There are vastly more sinners than saints at the Pentagon. A small, but meaningful first step? Axe the number of general and flag officers by a third. You can start with those that haven't been in a field command for more than five years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.