Author Topic: Put Down the Phone, Mr. President  (Read 6306 times)

BassWrangler

Re: Put Down the Phone, Mr. President
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2017, 07:40:36 pm »
This thread is a hoot. Very glad it hasn't degenerated into name calling.

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »

“You guys are getting played by Trump” – Congressman and CNN go ROUNDS over Trump tweets!

The Right Scoop    Jul. 3, 2017 1:57 pm by The Right Scoop

Congressman and former Navy SEAL Scott Taylor (VA-R) went rounds and rounds with CNN this morning over the fact that he believes they are falling right into Trump’s traps by obsession over his tweets lately. Taylor tells CNN that they are getting played by Trump and that sets off a five minute debate about the topic.

Watch: VIDEO AT LINK

Taylor readily admits that Trump shouldn’t be tweeting these antagonistic tweets, but also tells CNN that they shouldn’t be obsessing over every tweet non-stop all day long, leaving most important other news uncovered.

He challenges CNN and the greater media to cover real news as opposed to just Trump’s mean tweets.

<..snip..>

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/you-guys-are-getting-played-by-trump-congressman-and-cnn-go-rounds-over-trump-tweets/#ixzz4lncmplkr
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2017, 07:45:04 pm »

To early in the evening to break out the bottle, give it time @BassWrangler @Frank Cannon
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
What?!  You don't remember all the elections we've had since the Presidential that put so many Republicans in the House and Senate?  Trump was out campaigning for all of them!   *****rollingeyes*****
Yes.  Yes, Trump has a very interesting history of campaigning for Conservatives in the House and Senate:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 07:57:19 pm »
Yes.  Yes, Trump has a very interesting history of campaigning for Conservatives in the House and Senate:

They don't care. In their simplistic view, only Trump matters. I don't even think they care about ideology at all.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2017, 08:04:56 pm »
They don't care. In their simplistic view, only Trump matters. I don't even think they care about ideology at all.

Well they certainly do not care a whit about principles.  They have made it very clear that they see those who espouse or refuse to surrender principles as a harmful negative to achieving payback and MAGA.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »

I'm glad too.  This thread was a request from the Lounge, and I discovered it's actually very difficult to post articles from NRO because of all the scripting tricks they pull to make excerpting difficult. 

I think the good banter is because of the lack of presence of one particular Member. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2017, 08:25:01 pm »
But still Obama, for Potus 2014-16. Or President Romney if you prefer.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2017, 08:31:08 pm »
But still Obama, for Potus 2014-16. Or President Romney if you prefer.

What the... ?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2017, 08:41:16 pm »
What the... ?

Okay WTF...that was gross and objectionable...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:04:16 pm by mystery-ak »

Online corbe

« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2017, 08:46:25 pm »
   That wasn't a very nice, constructive thing to say @Weird Tolkienish Figure especially with the Mods already 'sniffing' around this thread.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2017, 08:59:42 pm »
Edited by MOD8

**Edited by MOD8** Hopefully the mods will sit you down, yet another time.

If it were up to me, it would be permanent.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:07:33 pm by MOD8 »

Online corbe

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
   Jeez, your tone @truth_seeker is on par with the aforementioned.  Bring it down a notch, please FOLKS, this thread is to good to be locked.  My recommendation-clean up your posts before the MODS do.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:16 pm »
Don't push me, not felling well today.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:35 pm »
   Jeez, your tone @truth_seeker is on par with the aforementioned.  Bring it down a notch, please FOLKS, this thread is to good to be locked.  My recommendation-clean up your posts before the MODS do.

Geeze ... we were playing nice and then I leave.  I can't leave some of you people alone for even an hour without you getting nasty.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 09:14:28 pm »

Stunning that you or anybody would see his remarks, and mine as anywhere close to equivalent.

Online corbe

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 09:17:28 pm »
Geeze ... we were playing nice and then I leave.  I can't leave some of you people alone for even an hour without you getting nasty.

Your calming demeanor is missed just so much @Emjay
22222frying pan

Online corbe

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:27 pm »
Stunning that you or anybody would see his remarks, and mine as anywhere close to equivalent.

It's hardly stunning @truth_seeker and I am no Amazing Kreskin, both were Insults in my book and you both SHOULD know Myst doesn't like us to act like anything but Adults here in HER House.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 09:22:08 pm »
  Your calming demeanor is missed just so much @Emjay
22222frying pan

Okay, you're entitled to a little sarcasm but you cannot deny that the thread went to the hot place after I left.

I'm leaving again, so you will have to be the good influence.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:21 pm »
Okay, you're entitled to a little sarcasm but you cannot deny that the thread went to the hot place after I left.

NO, please don't GO! @Emjay

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:59 pm »
  It's hardly stunning @truth_seeker and I am no Amazing Kreskin, both were Insults in my book and you both SHOULD know Myst doesn't like us to act like anything but Adults here in HER House.

To be fair, insults seem to be the name of the game these days. I mean, is it fair to hold someone to a higher standard than even POTUS has?  I think y'all are just going to have to come around to how the game is played now, you know, as long as conservative goals are being met.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2017, 09:28:37 pm »

No worries *I* will be the good influence everyone here so badly needs!   22222frying pan

Online corbe

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 09:33:00 pm »
To be fair, insults seem to be the name of the game these days. I mean, is it fair to hold someone to a higher standard than even POTUS has?  I think y'all are just going to have to come around to how the game is played now, you know, as long as conservative goals are being met.

There are too many bitter, sharp witted, keyboard warriors here, me included and I respect them all, to allow such a policy @RoosGirl This place would devolve into a sewer in no time flat!  It is always more of a challenge to make a point without the insult and all here are capable of it, I've seen it firsthand.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2017, 09:33:24 pm »
dammit

just when i was going to set up a kiosk for used bicycle seats

Hey @MOD8! You get hold of some baaaad lemonade? Or too much? Remember, everything in moder8shun.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2017, 09:36:01 pm »
   There are too many bitter, sharp witted, keyboard warriors here, me included and I respect them all, to allow such a policy @RoosGirl This place would devolve into a sewer in no time flat!  It is always more of a challenge to make a point without the insult and all here are capable of it, I've seen it firsthand.

Hey, if it weren't for bitter and sharp witted, I wouldn't have much to post....Okay, maybe not the sharp witted part.  :)  I was being a touch facetious though. :)