Author Topic: Ted Cruz says Russia investigation shouldn't become 'fishing expedition'  (Read 537 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It sure seems like a fishing expedition; the investigation should have ended with Comey.  Comey should have been subpoenaed and Clinton should have been investigated.  Instead special counsel is now investigating this President, though Comey finally stated that he wasn't under investigation to begin with!  I'm not so sure that I agree with Cruz that Mueller is honorable.  It seems to me that Trump should fire both Mueller and Rosenstein.

Ted Cruz says Russia investigation shouldn't become 'fishing expedition'

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday that he hoped the investigation into Russia's involvement in the 2016 presidential election and that country's ties to President Donald Trump's campaign won't turn into a "fishing expedition."

"Bob Mueller is a good and honorable man, but I certainly hope that the appointment of a special counsel doesn't turn into a fishing expedition," Cruz said during a stop in Arlington. "There's a reason that special counsels and independent counsels have gone adrift in the past. It's because they allowed their mandate to encompass everything in a massive fishing expedition. That would be an abuse of the terms of the appointment, so I hope that's not happening."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald-trump-1/2017/06/16/ted-cruz-says-russia-investigation-become-fishing-expedition
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline endicom

It sure seems like a fishing expedition; the investigation should have ended with Comey.

We've been down this road before and recently. An ostensible investigation of Russian interference in US elections remains fixed on Trump, Flynn, Kushner, Manafort, Card...

Is there nothing to investigate in the Clinton and Sanders camps?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

We've been down this road before and recently. An ostensible investigation of Russian interference in US elections remains fixed on Trump, Flynn, Kushner, Manafort, Card...

Is there nothing to investigate in the Clinton and Sanders camps?

Not so sure about the Sanders camp, but certainly with Clinton.  She is still well isolated with Comey's help.  President Trump made a grave mistake by appointing Rosenstein.  He worked, or was involved in some capacity in the administrations of Clinton, Bush, and Bammy.  What was he thinking?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.