Author Topic: President Trump chooses inexperienced woman who planned his son Eric's wedding to run N.Y. federal housing programs  (Read 760 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 She’s arranged tournaments at Trump golf courses, served as the liaison to the Trump family during his presidential campaign, and even arranged Eric Trump’s wedding.

Now President Trump has appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton — who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned — to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.

Patton was appointed Wednesday to head up the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Region II, which includes New York and New Jersey, where she’ll oversee distribution of billions of taxpayer dollars.

Patton’s tight relationship with the Trump clan dates back to 2009, when she began serving as the family’s “event planner.”

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-chooses-family-event-planner-run-n-y-housing-programs-article-1.3251314
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DiogenesLamp

President Trump chooses inexperienced woman who planned his son Eric's wedding to run N.Y. federal housing programs

Good.   The last thing we want is an experienced bureaucrat.    We have long needed people with a new way of looking at things.   We need to go outside of the normal Federal Bureaucracy box. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

Good.   The last thing we want is an experienced bureaucrat.    We have long needed people with a new way of looking at things.   We need to go outside of the normal Federal Bureaucracy box.

Yes.

Offline Applewood

What we do need is someone who can do the job. That's what I don't like about most presidents.  They put their relatives, friends, fraternity brothers and campaign donors into jobs they are ill-suited for. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

What we do need is someone who can do the job. That's what I don't like about most presidents.  They put their relatives, friends, fraternity brothers and campaign donors into jobs they are ill-suited for.

The Bureaucrats obviously cannot do the job.   Let's give someone else a try. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ConservativeGranny

"who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned "

She seems perfect for the job to me! Already has that lying part down pat. Glad to see Trump is picking the "best people".

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is why I let the homeless guy, near my work, do my taxes, and my 5 year old niece install the brakes on my truck.  Because I am now insane and experience is something to be despised in my world.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:46:25 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned "

She seems perfect for the job to me! Already has that lying part down pat. Glad to see Trump is picking the "best people".

Oh, I see the stories of Trumps father and housing in New York coming to the surface again.

And what a surprise from a man who used to say he would pick Oprah for VP.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

Oh, I see the stories of Trumps father and housing in New York coming to the surface again.

And what a surprise from a man who used to say he would pick Oprah for VP.

Gotta be sure to funnel that money!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kevindavis007

This is why I let the homeless guy, near my work, do my taxes, and my 5 year old niece install the brakes on my truck.  Because I am now insane and experience is something to be despised in my world.

So I guess that attitude that experience doesn't matter is now OK for our side. I prefer to have someone who knows about housing to run any federal housing programs.  Not a wedding planner. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

So I guess that attitude that experience doesn't matter is now OK for our side. I prefer to have someone who knows about housing to run any federal housing programs.  Not a wedding planner.

I think Trump picks inexperienced people because they can be overwhelmed and confused by BS. Trump actually does have experience in this area and an honest man would want experienced counterparts doing the job for the sake of efficiency.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Obviously the majority of people nominated the presidential candidate with no political experience; they are responsible for what is going on.  However, he is still our president and if he doesn't succeed, the liberals and leftists will continue to steer this country right off the cliff.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

With all the leaks and backstabbing he probably thinks a good manager who is loyal is a better choice then a life long bureaucrat
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.