Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41356 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2017, 06:19:16 pm »
I can't find it now, either.

Probably been scrubbed.
Probably been scrubbed. Zucked
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2017, 06:21:56 pm »
It wasn't just there he was referred to as a member of the Establishment GOP.

He's an acolyte of Boehner.  Draw your conclusions from there.

On being asked by the New Orleans Times-Picayune to assign Democrat Barack Obama a letter grade for Obama's first 100 days as President, Scalise awarded the new president an L (for "liberal").[13]

Where anyone gets the gall to denigrate someone as an acolyte of the odious drunk Boehner, yet not have the courtesy to one's fellow posters to even bother to substantiate that malicious slur with anything even remotely resembling objective information, is puzzling. Although coming from  (forgive me) this poster, one supposes that such discourtesy / arrogance would not be unexpected. heh "acolyte" heh wow

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:25:20 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
I saved a .pdf of it this morning.  If I can figure out how to post it, I will.

888high58888 Smart.

We should get into the habit of that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:29 pm »
Left-Wing Twitter Celebrates Shooting of Rep. Scalise

https://news.grabien.com/story-left-wing-twitter-celebrates-shooting-rep-scalise

I think she means "Untermenschen".

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page removed after getting quick initial reaction

By Mary Cooley
mcooley@bnd.com

Reaction was fast and sometimes furious on James T. Hodgkinson’s Facebook page Wednesday morning before the page was removed by Facebook. The man may have had a second Facebook account, which was also missing by noon Wednesday.

Hodgkinson was named as the shooter at the congressional baseball practice Wednesday morning, in which at least five people were wounded. President Donald Trump announced that Hodgkinson has died; the suspect was shot by law enforcement at the scene.

The public part of Hodgkinson’s page shows he has 403 Facebook friends, many of whom have “Resist” or show support to Bernie Sanders.

Hodgkinson’s comment to another link to Change.org to remove the president and vice president, on March 22, said, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

No further public comment by Hodgkinson defined what he intended by “destroy.”

<..snip..>

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article156100679.html#storylink=cpy
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:56 pm »
I can't get to the shooter's fb page anymore .... must have been taken down.

That's pretty normal when these things happen. They lock it down and make it private just for law enforcement to see. There are also usually a lot of cases where fake accounts pop up in seconds claiming to be the guy, sometimes hundreds of fake accounts. Those are removed as fast as FB can. I'm sure this one was not fake because of family members on the friends list with the same last name and city including what looked like his wife.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2017, 06:35:11 pm »

Okay,  you are saying that because Trump laughed off an attack on Trump during the primaries that this equals an endorsement?   

So if he laughed off an attack against Cruz during the primaries would that  also means he endorsed Cruz? 

You aren't looking at this thing properly.   To AGREE that a candidate is not a principled conservative would definitely have caused damage to that candidate's campaign.   It is in effect a reverse endorsement of the other candidate.   

Rush was not going to deliberately torpedo Trump's campaign,   and he was not going to deliberately torpedo Cruz's campaign either.   

Rush was very much aware that both candidates had huge support bases,  and if he agreed with anyone about what a dirty rotten scoundrel was the other candidate,   he would have pissed off millions of people whom the party would need after the primary.   

Rush is not a fool.   He did exactly what he should have done.

Didn't the mods ask us to stop with the Rush thread hijacking?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »
On being asked by the New Orleans Times-Picayune to assign Democrat Barack Obama a letter grade for Obama's first 100 days as President, Scalise awarded the new president an L (for "liberal").[13]

Where anyone gets the gall to denigrate someone as an acolyte of the odious drunk Boehner, yet not have the courtesy to one's fellow posters to even bother to substantiate that malicious slur with anything even remotely resembling objective information, is puzzling. Although coming from  (forgive me) this poster, one supposes that such discourtesy / arrogance would not be unexpected. heh "acolyte" heh wow

I have that album.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2017, 06:37:28 pm »

That is what I recall.

I stopped listening to Rush BEFORE the primaries were over because he was overtly supporting Trump, and betraying the conservative principles he had always stood for.

I haven't listened to him since April, 2016.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2017, 06:39:15 pm »
cmon folks, no more Rush on this thread
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2017, 06:39:27 pm »
I'm glad Rush did it that way, he didn't want to see the Democrats win.

Yeah, he should stake it all on some done-nothing senator, I see the light.

Now that is bullsh*t.  Cruz did plenty.  He was the only one standing up to ridiculous excessive spending.   He was the only one who would take a stand on anything.   The rest of the Rinos were content to just remain quiet while the Democrat media machine kept winning. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »

Sorry.  I didn't know that.

I've been out.  Any updates on the Congressman's condition??

Last I heard he was "stable."

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:10 pm »

Either that or they might have missed the posts.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2017, 06:42:47 pm »

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page removed after getting quick initial reaction

By Mary Cooley
mcooley@bnd.com

Reaction was fast and sometimes furious on James T. Hodgkinson’s Facebook page Wednesday morning before the page was removed by Facebook. The man may have had a second Facebook account, which was also missing by noon Wednesday.

Hodgkinson was named as the shooter at the congressional baseball practice Wednesday morning, in which at least five people were wounded. President Donald Trump announced that Hodgkinson has died; the suspect was shot by law enforcement at the scene.

The public part of Hodgkinson’s page shows he has 403 Facebook friends, many of whom have “Resist” or show support to Bernie Sanders.

Hodgkinson’s comment to another link to Change.org to remove the president and vice president, on March 22, said, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

No further public comment by Hodgkinson defined what he intended by “destroy.”

<..snip..>

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article156100679.html#storylink=cpy

We know now what he meant, don't we??  **nononono*

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:00 pm »
Barely 11 minutes ago Mod2 asked politely that we stay on topic. No more debate over Rush Limbaugh on this thread.

Now that I have climbed through the thread sufficiently to see the warnings,  I will post nothing further about Rush Limbaugh,  and you can feel free to delete my previous posts on the subject. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:22 pm »
FYI @mystery-ak

Update.  1968 not 69.

James T. Hodgkinson’s yearbook photo upon his graduation from Belleville West High School in 1968.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »

Now that I have climbed through the thread sufficiently to see the warnings,  I will post nothing further about Rush Limbaugh,  and you can feel free to delete my previous posts on the subject. 

You can go in and delete or modify them, and thank you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:16 pm »

You can't respond to a warning until you actually see the warning. 

I am a linear thinker and my methodology is consistent.  I start at the beginning of a thread and I respond to commentary I see posted in the thread.   I do it in order.   I do it in sequence. 

When I finally got to the mod's warning,   I complied,   but I could not comply with it until I had seen it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »
FYI @mystery-ak

Update.  1968 not 69.

James T. Hodgkinson’s yearbook photo upon his graduation from Belleville West High School in 1968.

Interesting.  He isn't listed as participating in anything.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2017, 06:51:36 pm »
You can go in and delete or modify them, and thank you.

I didn't realize I could delete messages till you said so.    I went back and did it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2017, 06:51:53 pm »

I am a linear thinker and my methodology is consistent.  I start at the beginning of a thread and I respond to commentary I see posted in the thread.   I do it in order.   I do it in sequence. 

Some of us call that OCD!   

:pondering:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »
Just took a peek at the DU Facebook page (I'm a stealth member...shhhh)...it's a refuge for people who think that DemocraticUnderground.com is too centrist...they are surprisingly quiet about the shooting...his group memberships and who he supported for PResident.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2017, 06:55:45 pm »
Some of us call that OCD!   

:pondering:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

For the record, it's the root of engineering.  You can thank us engineers later.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2017, 06:56:29 pm »
Another example of Liberal rhetoric that I believe goes far beyond what I normally see on the right. 

Oh,  and as a two-fer  (two subjects in one)   this guy writes for the Washington Post Newspaper,  so it conforms to the criteria in the "Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger"  thread.   

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/liberal-wapo-analysis-writer-budding-author-deletes-heinous-tweet-about-shooting/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
— Lord Melbourne —