Author Topic: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger  (Read 13921 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
I've noticed that viewership at OANN has picked up, as evidenced by the growth in commercial advertising on that network. Good for them!

I would very much like to see conservative private enterprise rise to the challenge of combating the existing monopoly and censorship system currently under the control of the establishment elites.   

In order for government of the people to work,   the people must first be correctly and completely informed before making their decisions. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 03:26:00 pm »
Practically speaking, its obvious progressive policies often correlate with global business interests, and while mindless ideology drives the progressive rank & file the oligopoly owns major media outlets as well as the politicians who make policy. And most of those are physically headquartered in the northeast.

Exactly,  and so that the "right people" can exercise control over them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 03:28:02 pm »
I'm kind of curious to know what these brave warriors are going to do about this "clear and present danger".

After all, a clear and present danger demands an immediate response.

The first thing to be done is to make certain that as many people as possible are aware of the problem,  and that they are aware something needs to be done about it. 

Once people are awakened to the threat,  then we can discuss what needs to be done about it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 03:29:13 pm »
Failing to understand the import of words is not freedom and it is not facing reality; it is denying reality.  The press you described is a free press; its just not the sort of press you like.  The solution, then, is getting involved and setting up a competing press - also a free press - to push back.  Have you done that?

Do you have a spare trillion dollars to build a competing infrastructure to that of the existing oligarchy?   

Nothing less will suffice. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »

Google has become powerful.   So has FacistBook.   Google owns Youtube and they routinely censor opinions they don't like.   So does FacistBook.   

All means of communicating with significant numbers of the American people are in the hands of companies ran exclusively by left wing people. These are people who are enamored with giving the government more and more power and control over our lives.   

Do you have no grasp of how the Nazi economic model operated?   It was a collusion between major power brokers and government for the benefit of both.   Large corporations were partners of the Nazi government,  and they enacted the group think policies of this oligarchy/tyranny. 

The boundaries between the Government and their Corporate partners are in your imagination only.   In reality,  these people steer government policy as effectively as if they were office holders directing the propaganda corps.

@DiogenesLamp

Well said
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »

So you are saying our existing media is effectively an arm of the Federal Government? 

I will grant that it is definitely a component of the party of government,   but I don't think I would go so far as to say it is part of the government.   

Now if you are saying that the Deep State is very influential on how the media operates,  I would say that is very likely true.

I believe the current media to be usurpers and have set themselves as a de facto fourth branch of government. Irrespective of having no authority vested to them by our Constitution, their power comes through influence over the knot headed sheeple and their ability to destroy careers and lives of those politicians who do not toe the line.

Barba non facit philosophum.

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 03:46:55 pm »
@Oceander
A press controlled and influenced by foreign concerns is not 'free' but it is reality.    Have I set up a competing press to CNN, MSNBC, NYT and so on?    What a foolish question signifying a complete inability to grasp what is happening in the world.

A "free press" is a press that is not controlled by the government.  That is all that it means.  Your inability to grasp that indicates your inability to come to terms with reality. 

The solution is to set up a competing press.  It's unfortunate that you can't grasp this part of reality, but there it is. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2017, 03:50:48 pm »
A "free press" is a press that is not controlled by the government.  That is all that it means.  Your inability to grasp that indicates your inability to come to terms with reality. 

The solution is to set up a competing press.  It's unfortunate that you can't grasp this part of reality, but there it is.

@Oceander
Umm no

Not even worth further discussion with you.

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »
@Oceander
Umm no

Not even worth further discussion with you.

Uhmm, yes. And I agree there's no point in arguing the obvious. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2017, 04:07:03 pm »
I believe the current media to be usurpers and have set themselves as a de facto fourth branch of government. Irrespective of having no authority vested to them by our Constitution, their power comes through influence over the knot headed sheeple and their ability to destroy careers and lives of those politicians who do not toe the line.

@Old Warrior in Exile

I don't think "they" set themselves up.   Its all one group of elites who are using and controlling the media to push their agenda.  Its designed to bypass Constitutional & other legal controls.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2017, 04:14:51 pm »
I see a lot of people offering up a problem, but no solution.

What is your solution? Set up a "conservative monitoring committee" which censors what the press is allowed to report and what isn't?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:15:07 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2017, 04:23:38 pm »
I see a lot of people offering up a problem, but no solution.

What is your solution? Set up a "conservative monitoring committee" which censors what the press is allowed to report and what isn't?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
Well since you're complaining how about you make a proposal?

How about trying the following:
1.  Prohibit foreign ownership of significant media organizations
2.  Require government personnel to report contact with the media
3.  Break up the media monopolies
4.  Track down and punish leakers who break the law

Why is the only alternative you see one of a totalitarian ??

Oceander

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 04:33:30 pm »
Why is the "solution" always more government?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 04:36:14 pm »
Why is the "solution" always more government?

Because Government is the only entity powerful enough to counter organizations like Google, Soros, or Saudi Arabia

Oceander

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »
Because Government is the only entity powerful enough to counter organizations like Google, Soros, or Saudi Arabia

So who gets to decide what media, what journalists, will be blacklisted?  Who decides who gets arrested for committing journalism without a license?

And how loudly will you complain when government uses these powers to further clamp down on the conservative side of journalism?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 04:41:10 pm »
So who gets to decide what media, what journalists, will be blacklisted?  Who decides who gets arrested for committing journalism without a license?

And how loudly will you complain when government uses these powers to further clamp down on the conservative side of journalism?

Please provide a link where I said journalists would be blacklisted or arrested.   hmmmmmm

You really can't be this naive so you must be on someones payroll.    Your use of the word journalism is interesting.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:19 pm »
Please provide a link where I said journalists would be blacklisted or arrested.   hmmmmmm

You really can't be this naive so you must be on someones payroll.    Your use of the word journalism is interesting.

I am just making obvious the logical end results of having government regulate the media.  The only naïveté is believing that somehow you can get just enough government into free speech that you can suppress the people you hate without creating a weapon that will end up being used against you.

The only real solution is the one the Founders favored: if one doesn't like what someone else publishes, one starts one's own press and publish one's own side of things. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2017, 04:47:43 pm »
Hey Mods, what happened to my post? I step away for awhile and when I get back I notice it's gone, along with WTF's.

Did he misbehave again?

@Machiavelli

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:50:44 pm by skeeter »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »
I am just making obvious the logical end results of having government regulate the media.  The only naïveté is believing that somehow you can get just enough government into free speech that you can suppress the people you hate without creating a weapon that will end up being used against you.

The only real solution is the one the Founders favored: if one doesn't like what someone else publishes, one starts one's own press and publish one's own side of things.

The government already regulates the media, its just currently a relationship of collusion.

Its incredibly naive to think we can leave things as is and maintain our freedom.   Those who control most of the media will do anything to push globalism and destruction of our Constitutional form of government.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »

I agree.   They have become a defacto forth branch of government.  Republicans are terrified of doing anything which they know will provoke a media sh*t storm directed at them. 

The media is a weapon,  and the left has been using it to damage us since Kennedy.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2017, 04:50:34 pm »
Hey Mods, what happened to my posts? I step away for awhile and when I get back I notice they're gone, along with WTF's.

Did he misbehave again?

@Machiavelli

@skeeter

I think its because you just bored the heck out of us.......  :)

JK

Offline skeeter

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:18 pm »
@skeeter

I think its because you just bored the heck out of us.......  :)

JK

You sound like my wife.

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2017, 04:54:07 pm »
The government already regulates the media, its just currently a relationship of collusion.

Its incredibly naive to think we can leave things as is and maintain our freedom.   Those who control most of the media will do anything to push globalism and destruction of our Constitutional form of government.

No, it doesn't.  If it did, places like this wouldn't exist. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2017, 04:54:30 pm »
You sound like my wife.

Hey now... oh are you done already.   hmmmmmm ok
 888high58888 :tongue2:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2017, 04:55:20 pm »
No, it doesn't.  If it did, places like this wouldn't exist.

Once again you demonstrate why its a waste of time