Author Topic: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger  (Read 13917 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 01:41:52 pm »
@Cripplecreek
A naive position at best.  Our media today is not an example of a free press.   Its is a leftist propaganda machine controlled by the globalists and intent on the destruction of America.  Most of the main stream media is heavily connected and influenced by government and power brokers who manipulate the message for power and influence.

The only question is what to do about it.   Free speech and free press is essential to a free country.  When the likes of George Soros are funding 'free speech' marches then 'Houston we have a problem'

@driftdiver 

Trump's best strategy, then, and the most effective way to insulate himself is to simply govern well.  Enough with the drama---take care of the nation's business and start keeping those campaign promises.  The people will see that and they'll have no patience with the media.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:43:08 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »
I agree that the media is corrupt and too much of an influence but what about all the ways individuals can get news today that by-passes the media completely.

I took a daily newspaper all my life and my parents before me did the same.  I haven't taken a paper in two years.  Also, I no longer watch the news on television.

And, yet, I somehow have a vague idea of what's going on in the world..

And I don't think I'm alone.  So, I'm not sure we have to kill the media ... I think it's dying all by itself.

During my tour in Germany, I was cut off from the outside world. I lived too far from base to get American Forces Network, and the two stations on German TV sucked. During my first two years (77-78), I was working upwards of 90 hours a week, thanks to Staff Duty Officer 2-3 times a week.

I was kicked up to Battalion HQ my last 2 1/2 years, which cut my workload down to about 60 hours/week. Gave me time to take a couple of German courses on base.

German papers back then are as liberal, if not moreso, than the MSM in the US. My German neighbors pleaded with me to vote for Carter, they were convinced that Reagan would start WWIII. The scars from WWII were still present to them, and I was but a 26 YO man. They did not know I had a firm educational foundation, back when California public schools were the best in the world. I tested at college level in reading as a 6th grader, graduated from a Jesuit university, and was an avid reader. The last part was aided by the dearth of entertainment alternatives in my town. Wasn't much to do after eating dinner at the local gasthaus, and engaging in conversation with my neighbors over a few beers.

During the weeks leading up to the election, I stuck to my guns that Reagan would be a far better president than Carter. Peace through strength was my strongest point, i.e. the world is a safer place when America is strong militarily and economically. I also gave my own informal lessons on American civics and history, contrasting it with German history over the previous century. Lastly, I informed them of the oath I took at commissioning, to the Constitution, and not to a person.

And I did it all in German. Checkmate arrived on Inauguration Day, when the Iranian hostages landed at Ramstein AB, about an hour's drive from where I lived.

"Having a conversation" is not something that occurs overnight. It must be nurtured, and you must be able to listen to have a conversation. What we get today is people shouting at each other, or worse yet, tweeting at each other. It took me a lot more than 140 characters or words to get my points across to my neighbors, to answer their questions with sufficient detail to support my views and gently correct them when they weren't right.

I've tried to do the same thing with my three kids, who are now 30, 28, and 15. The youngest is probably the most conservative of the bunch. With him, I spend a lot of time talking about leadership, as he's been the Senior Patrol Leader of his scout troop for four months. Last night, he really didn't want to go to the weekly meeting. Instead of saying, "you're going!", I reminded him of his role with that troop, that he needed to set an example for the 25+ new scouts that joined a month ago. Five minutes later, we were out the door.

Reagan was a great communicator, and he was able to cogently express his views in more than 140 characters, without rancor. I'll never forget his response to a nasty letter I wrote to him as a HS senior:

"NHN, thank you for your letter. I really enjoy hearing from young people, you bring such passion to the issues." One can hardly imagine the impact that letter's had on me over the succeeding 45+ years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 01:47:21 pm »
@driftdiver 

Trump's best strategy, then, and the most effective way to insulate himself is to simply govern well.  Enough with the drama---take care of the nation's business and start keeping those campaign promises.  The people will see that and they'll have no patience with the media.

Agreed, it's no longer enough that he kept Hillary from the WH. This country needs Obamacare repealed, tax reform, immigration reform, and a host of other Obama wrongs that need to be made right. If he can progress on that, I can live with Cabinet meetings that are nothing more than ass-kissing, ego stroking sessions for POTUS.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
You're ignoring the results of the last election @rodamala and the polls taken of those "ignorant voters" showing the American people are awake and understand what's happening.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/25/harvard-harris-poll-majority-americans-think-mainstream-media-publishes-fake-news

I am ignoring nothing.  The results of the 2016 presidential primaries for both the Democrat and Republican parties prove what I say.

Democrats ran the only unelectable candidate that could not beat Trump... and Republicans ran a Democrat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »
@Cripplecreek
A naive position at best.  Our media today is not an example of a free press.   Its is a leftist propaganda machine controlled by the globalists and intent on the destruction of America.  Most of the main stream media is heavily connected and influenced by government and power brokers who manipulate the message for power and influence.

The only question is what to do about it.   Free speech and free press is essential to a free country.  When the likes of George Soros are funding 'free speech' marches then 'Houston we have a problem'
Naive is putting it mildly.

Don't forget the foreign language press servicing much of the 14% foreign born living here - they make the english speaking press seem fair & balanced.

Most people don't have time to peruse the internet for alternative points of view. Whether they are to blame or not their vote can still cancel mine.

When elections are consistently decided by 2 or 3 percent of the electorate a ridiculously leftward-biased press should concern everyone wanting a return to constitutional governance.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 01:53:20 pm »
@driftdiver 

@CatherineofAragon
It seems he is trying to drive the process in that direction.   I think he underestimated the pushback he'd get from demonrats and the swamp. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 01:57:09 pm »
@Cripplecreek

If it's not controlled by the government, then it's free.  A press controlled by private interests is a free press, even if the message it prints is antithetical to freedom.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 01:58:13 pm »
@driftdiver 

:thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 02:03:38 pm »
@driftdiver 

Some people are simply too irrational and intellectually cowardly to waste time trying to reason with. They proclaim things to be lies based on a source alone without so much as a glance at the actual evidence.

Just yesterday a thread about alt right neo nazi types showing up at a pro Trump rally or something. They immediately declared it to be a lie because the SPLC was cited. Meanwhile video showed up of Trumpers doing the right thing and sending the neonazis packing. The idiots still declared it to be a lie despite it being good press for Trump supporters.

Today I see the alt right groups are attacking the oathkeepers and other Trump supporters for chasing them away from the rallies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »
I want all of us to join a conservative forum and bash those msm bashtards repeatedly about the face and ears.

This is not such a silly idea.   A War of ideas begins with warring memes,  and the way to get a meme to spread is to keep repeating it.   Treat it as if it were an unassailable fact,  and then laugh and mock anyone who questions it.   (Like the media does with global warming.)   

Yes,  we keep repeating that the media people are propaganda agents for the Democrat party,  and we keep spreading the idea.   

We also give our viewership to conservative media (such as OANN) so as to boost their viewership numbers and therefore their market penetration.   

We've got to balance this left wing media monopoly,  and they have a trillion dollar infrastructure head start on us. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 02:15:33 pm »

This is not such a silly idea.   A War of ideas begins with warring memes,  and the way to get a meme to spread is to keep repeating it.   Treat it as if it were an unassailable fact,  and then laugh and mock anyone who questions it.   (Like the media does with global warming.)   

Yes,  we keep repeating that the media people are propaganda agents for the Democrat party,  and we keep spreading the idea.   

We also give our viewership to conservative media (such as OANN) so as to boost their viewership numbers and therefore their market penetration.   

We've got to balance this left wing media monopoly,  and they have a trillion dollar infrastructure head start on us.

I've noticed that viewership at OANN has picked up, as evidenced by the growth in commercial advertising on that network. Good for them!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 02:19:13 pm »
Maybe, but the question is to what end?

I have developed a theory over the last two years.   

They do this to maintain the existing North Eastern power structure and dominance over the rest of the Country.   

The nation is mostly run by a power corridor that extends from Washington D.C. to Boston.    These are the connected "establishment"  people who have undue influence on Federal policy,  and often to the detriment of the rest of us.   

As Free Reed so eloquently put it,   " New York is the heart of the beast,  the Ivies are it's nursery and Washington is it's store front. "

I think the North East gained power over the rest of the nation in 1861,  and have never relinquished it since.   Our public policies revolve around what these power brokers want,  and they own the media. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »
Often: power and wealth as obtained by access to government influence, as opposed to commercial success, and the voluntary exchange of value upon which that would depend.   

This.   Exactly this.    They acquire and maintain wealth and power by controlling government policy.  They control government policy as a consequence of their media tools. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 02:23:48 pm »
This is tripe.

The largest threat to the Republic are the millions upon millions of ignorant voters that can't think for themselves and see the agendas of The Press.

"Media" can be biased as they want... it is constitutionally protected... the problem is we have people in this nation that are voting morons with no stake in the Republic.

You have a foolish view of the circumstances.   It mattered not that the Jews didn't listen to Hitler's propaganda.   Everyone else did,  and the Jews suffered the consequences of that propaganda being out there for others to hear.   

We are suffering the consequences from fools watching the dominant media.   You aren't going to make that problem go away by wishing it so.   

The fools are going to watch the dominant media.   It is the nature of our "modern"   culture. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 02:30:33 pm »

I have developed a theory over the last two years.   

They do this to maintain the existing North Eastern power structure and dominance over the rest of the Country.   

The nation is mostly run by a power corridor that extends from Washington D.C. to Boston.    These are the connected "establishment"  people who have undue influence on Federal policy,  and often to the detriment of the rest of us.   

As Free Reed so eloquently put it,   " New York is the heart of the beast,  the Ivies are it's nursery and Washington is it's store front. "

I think the North East gained power over the rest of the nation in 1861,  and have never relinquished it since.   Our public policies revolve around what these power brokers want,  and they own the media.

Practically speaking, its obvious progressive policies often correlate with global business interests, and while mindless ideology drives the progressive rank & file the oligopoly owns major media outlets as well as the politicians who make policy. And most of those are physically headquartered in the northeast.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:31:08 pm by skeeter »

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
Some people are simply too irrational and intellectually cowardly to waste time trying to reason with. They proclaim things to be lies based on a source alone without so much as a glance at the actual evidence.

Just yesterday a thread about alt right neo nazi types showing up at a pro Trump rally or something. They immediately declared it to be a lie because the SPLC was cited. Meanwhile video showed up of Trumpers doing the right thing and sending the neonazis packing. The idiots still declared it to be a lie despite it being good press for Trump supporters.

Today I see the alt right groups are attacking the oathkeepers and other Trump supporters for chasing them away from the rallies.

@Cripplecreek   

We really need to get back to thinking critically instead of reflexively boosting a team.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »
@Cripplecreek   

We really need to get back to thinking critically instead of reflexively boosting a team.

I'm kind of curious to know what these brave warriors are going to do about this "clear and present danger".

After all, a clear and present danger demands an immediate response.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »
If it's not controlled by the government, then it's free.  A press controlled by private interests is a free press, even if the message it prints is antithetical to freedom.

@Oceander

Quite naive.    An inability to face reality is enabling our enemies to use our freedoms to destroy us.  Perhaps you're ok with that, I'm not.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

People like to point to Thomas Jefferson's well known dislike of the press but he was equally disgusted with the people and their love of gossip and lies.

These clowns who claim to be in some kind of war on the media are lying, their war is against the 1st amendment.

The function for which the first amendment was created is broken.   As Benjamin Franklin said: 

5. Printers are educated in the Belief, that when Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter:

The *PURPOSE*  of the first amendment is to prevent the suppression of speech,   but that is exactly what we have with this existing system.   

The left wing owns all of the broadcasting transmitters,  satellites,  studios,  cameras,  microphones and channels.   

The right can make speeches on court house steps, and on Internet blogs,  but no significant portion of the population is going to hear them.   

The left is using their mass communications assets to influence elections,  and the right has no comparable ability to correct the deceptions and propaganda that emanate from these sources. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 03:11:56 pm »
@Oceander

Quite naive.    An inability to face reality is enabling our enemies to use our freedoms to destroy us.  Perhaps you're ok with that, I'm not.

Failing to understand the import of words is not freedom and it is not facing reality; it is denying reality.  The press you described is a free press; its just not the sort of press you like.  The solution, then, is getting involved and setting up a competing press - also a free press - to push back.  Have you done that?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 03:11:57 pm »

You have a foolish view of the circumstances.   It mattered not that the Jews didn't listen to Hitler's propaganda.   Everyone else did,  and the Jews suffered the consequences of that propaganda being out there for others to hear.   

We are suffering the consequences from fools watching the dominant media.   You aren't going to make that problem go away by wishing it so.   

The fools are going to watch the dominant media.   It is the nature of our "modern"   culture.

@DiogenesLamp
I doubt todays voters are significantly different then the voters in 1780.   Even then most people cared more about themselves then politics.    Whats changes is the technology of delivering the 15 seconds of information they base their decisions on & the ability to coordinate the messaging.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 03:12:09 pm »
I seem to recall there being a flow chart of all the Obama administration relatives that had infiltrated the press. The case could be made that it IS controlled by the Deep State.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2017, 03:14:05 pm »
Failing to understand the import of words is not freedom and it is not facing reality; it is denying reality.  The press you described is a free press; its just not the sort of press you like.  The solution, then, is getting involved and setting up a competing press - also a free press - to push back.  Have you done that?

@Oceander
A press controlled and influenced by foreign concerns is not 'free' but it is reality.    Have I set up a competing press to CNN, MSNBC, NYT and so on?    What a foolish question signifying a complete inability to grasp what is happening in the world.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2017, 03:15:29 pm »
I am ignoring nothing.  The results of the 2016 presidential primaries for both the Democrat and Republican parties prove what I say.

Democrats ran the only unelectable candidate that could not beat Trump... and Republicans ran a Democrat.

That is nonsense.  Hillary (through the power of the New York and Los Angeles controlled media)  would have beaten *ANYONE*  except for Trump.   Trump was the only man who could have possible gotten through against the dominant media narrative attempting to crown Hillary. 

The media did it with Bill Clinton and they did it with Barack Obama.   They were about to do it again with Hitlery,   but Trump flipped the script on them.   He beat back the power of the media and won anyways.   That is why so many of the "elite"  are still in shock at what he did. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »

Google has become powerful.   So has FacistBook.   Google owns Youtube and they routinely censor opinions they don't like.   So does FacistBook.   

All means of communicating with significant numbers of the American people are in the hands of companies ran exclusively by left wing people. These are people who are enamored with giving the government more and more power and control over our lives.   

Do you have no grasp of how the Nazi economic model operated?   It was a collusion between major power brokers and government for the benefit of both.   Large corporations were partners of the Nazi government,  and they enacted the group think policies of this oligarchy/tyranny. 

The boundaries between the Government and their Corporate partners are in your imagination only.   In reality,  these people steer government policy as effectively as if they were office holders directing the propaganda corps.   

— Lord Melbourne —