Author Topic: NY, MICH: US Arrests, Charges Naturalized Hizbullah 'Operatives'  (Read 411 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US Arrests, Charges Naturalized Hizbullah 'Operatives'
By Naharnet Newsdesk 19 hours ago

Two naturalized Americans from New York and Michigan have been charged with terrorism, accused of operating on behalf of Hizbullah in the United States, Panama and Thailand, US officials announced Thursday.

Ali Kourani, 32, and Samer el Debek, 37, were arrested on June 1 in the Bronx and just outside Detroit, respectively, US officials said. They appeared before US magistrates separately.

Both were hit with a raft of charges that include providing material support to Hizbullah -- which Israel and the West consider a terror group -- weapons offenses and receiving military-type training from group.

If convicted they could spend decades in a US prison.

Debek, on Hizbullah's payroll for years, conducted surveillance in Panama, where he scoped out the US and Israeli embassies and assessed vulnerabilities of the Panama Canal and ships passing through it, US officials said.

Kourani allegedly monitored potential targets in the United States, including military bases in New York, acting Manhattan US Attorney Joon Kim said.

Continued: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/231157-us-arrests-charges-naturalized-hizbullah-operatives

Some heavy charges if so.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: NY, MICH: US Arrests, Charges Naturalized Hizbullah 'Operatives'
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 03:13:38 am »
Some heavy charges if so.

And those heavy charges should come with a swift and heavier response. I don't mean decades in prison or deportation, either. If so.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley