Author Topic: Boom! Circa News Says More Meetings Between Comey and Loretta Lynch Are Going to Come to Light Soon  (Read 8748 times)

Silver Pines

He does and he doesn't. I know, very decisive, right?  :tongue2:

Trump's reactions to things can and does create problems.
The media's beloved habit of inflating an often small over reaction to Jovian dimensions also creates serious problems.

The only difference I'm seeing in the responses on this thread is the priority people give to each factor.

Now I don't buy the "Trump being Trump" excuse. I learned not to shit the bed by the time I were 2, as did most people, so he is capable of doing so as well. At the same time, I think the world would be a better place if 100% of the media talking heads were blasted into orbit, sans oxygen.

@EC

No, I fully understand how corrupt and leftwing the media is.  But I also think Trump can be his own worst enemy at times.  I believe both are true.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@EC

No, I fully understand how corrupt and leftwing the media is.  But I also think Trump can be his own worst enemy at times.  I believe both are true.

Its the false dichotomy again. Because media is wrong, Trump must be right.

Both are wrong.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

No, we can't "get past it."  This is America.  We hold presidents responsible and we criticize them when warranted; we don't sign up as charter members of their fan club.  And when someone tells me I need to stop doing that, I'm going to double down.

No one is suggesting you 'get past it.'  You are no more capable of that than Trump is capable of controlling his twitter thumb.

But when you do it in every post, it kinda loses its sting.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

No one is suggesting you 'get past it.'  You are no more capable of that than Trump is capable of controlling his twitter thumb.

But when you do it in every post, it kinda loses its sting.

@Emjay

Not a true statement.

Did you forget what you just posted?  You said, "Can't we get past that." 

The point that seems to bug you is that I'm in control of my posts, not you. 

I'm done, 'kay?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@EC

@CatherineofAragon

Same. Both factors are true and, in my opinion only, of about equal weight. The media are going to attack Trump no matter what - that's proven beyond a shadow of doubt - but Trump constantly handing them ammo to use is not helping his case.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Not a true statement.

Did you forget what you just posted?  You said, "Can't we get past that." 

The point that seems to bug you is that I'm in control of my posts, not you. 

I'm done, 'kay?

It doesn't bug me at all... Post on !!!!

Offline DiogenesLamp

So of course this thread has turned into another "What's wrong with Trump?"  thread instead of "Why do we tolerate the corruption of insider Washington and put up with their lying propaganda arm known as the media? " 

Choking on gnats while swallowing camels.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:54:23 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

So of course this thread has turned into another "What's wrong with Trump?"  threads instead of "Why do we tolerate the corruption of insider Washington and put up with their lying propaganda arm known as the media? " 

Choking on gnats while swallowing camels.

@DiogenesLamp

We can chew gum and walk, right?  I think we should focus on problems no matter the source.

When we place a particular faction or person above criticism, we have even more problems. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

We can chew gum and walk, right?  I think we should focus on problems no matter the source.

When we place a particular faction or person above criticism, we have even more problems.

Triage:   Do you speak it? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I speak Ferengi.  I once knew the 50 immutable rules of life.

Silver Pines

It would be too easy to post a pic of Samuel L. Jackson.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I speak Ferengi.  I once knew the 50 immutable rules of life.

Here are a few of them.

Once you have their money ... never give it back.
Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.
Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.
A man is only worth the sum of his possessions.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Same. Both factors are true and, in my opinion only, of about equal weight. The media are going to attack Trump no matter what - that's proven beyond a shadow of doubt - but Trump constantly handing them ammo to use is not helping his case.  :shrug:

@EC

Agreed.

Not to hijack, but are you posting on the election thread?  I don't fully understand the result, and I want to come over later and get educated.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

I answered your question.  Are you asking a second one?

@CatherineofAragon

Not really!  Just an extension of the first one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@EC

Agreed.

Not to hijack, but are you posting on the election thread?  I don't fully understand the result, and I want to come over later and get educated.

Ask away and I'll do my best to answer - there of course!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline the_doc

So of course this thread has turned into another "What's wrong with Trump?"  thread instead of "Why do we tolerate the corruption of insider Washington and put up with their lying propaganda arm known as the media? " 

I, for one, do not regard these as two unrelated questions.  In my opinion, our real problem is that Trump is not draining the swamp as he had promised.  He is treading water in it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I, for one, do not regard these as two unrelated questions.  In my opinion, our real problem is that Trump is not draining the swamp as he had promised.  He is treading water in it.

@the_doc

Is he? Or is he doing everything HE possibly can while the CONGRESS sits on it's hands?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:17:11 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@the_doc

Is he? Or is he doing everything HE possibly can while the CONGRESS sits on it's hands?

For the most part, I would say that Trump is doing well in spite of his limitations.  I would give Congress a worse grade than I would Trump at this point.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
For the most part, I would say that Trump is doing well in spite of his limitations.  I would give Congress a worse grade than I would Trump at this point.

I agree!  Any President can only do so much on his own authority and must have help from elsewhere if he is to be truly successful.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Not really!  Just an extension of the first one.

@Bigun

Well, the answer I gave you was two parts, and if he would do the second part, I think results might follow.

Silver Pines

Ask away and I'll do my best to answer - there of course!  :laugh:

Thank you!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Well, the answer I gave you was two parts, and if he would do the second part, I think results might follow.

@CatherineofAragon

OK!   :shrug:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

OK!   :shrug:

@Bigun

Now that Trump has pretty much volunteered to be subpoenaed, though, focusing will be difficult.

Offline the_doc

@Emjay @Bigun
@the_doc

Congress is pretty disgusting, but the POTUS needs to be in the lead for the swamp draining.

Trump should have already told Jeff Sessions to empanel a grand jury to go after Hillary and all of her enablers.  (He promised to drain the swamp;  he specifically promised to put HRC in jail. He didn't need Congressional support for this, but he hasn't taken any meaningful action against her and her cronies in crime.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:50:06 pm by the_doc »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Emjay @Bigun
Congress is pretty disgusting, but the POTUS needs to be in the lead for the swamp draining.

Trump should have already told Jeff Sessions to empanel a grand jury to go after Hillary and all of her enablers.  (He promised to drain the swamp;  he specifically promised to put HRC in jail. He didn't need Congressional support for this, but he hasn't taken any meaningful action against her and her cronies in crime.)

@the_doc

That you are aware of!   I think yesterday's proceedings moved that along quite nicely even without his direction.

- J. R. R. Tolkien