Author Topic: Boom! Circa News Says More Meetings Between Comey and Loretta Lynch Are Going to Come to Light Soon  (Read 8744 times)

Silver Pines

Of course you will @CatherineofAragon .. I, for one, have come to expect this and will not attempt to stop you.

I'm simply asking for accuracy when commenting on the work the President is doing.  I will freely correct any falsehood when the facts do not support the statement  ... and will do so as I choose.   :shrug:

Enjoy the day!   ^-^

@Right_in_Virginia

There's a difference between a lack of accuracy, which I conceded upthread, and dishonesty.  I haven't lied about Trump and I don't intend to start.  So if you're going to persist with that line, you'll have to turn it around to the mirror.

Silver Pines

It's better to be for something than always against what they do, even if the two coincide a lot. Bickering might play well on 'reality' TV, but this is the real deal, not just teevee. Although at times I wonder how scripted it all is.

@Smokin Joe

Exactly.  Everything has turned dumb.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon on

Right now the most important thing is to implement sane immigration policies and enforce existing immigration law. We have 3 1/2 years to do that. If we do not do that no conservative will ever again be elected president. We are importing millions of democrat voters. If we do not stop that the USA as we know it is finished and American conservatism will be on the ash heap of history.

President Trump is our only hope. Why do you think the democrats are going ballistic trying to take out Trump? Everyone that claims to be conservative should be backing Trump and defending him from all the lies being told about him.

@jpsb

Don't even start with that "Trump is our only hope" garbage.  I have one hope, and He isn't in the Oval Office. 

Democrats are going ballistic because that's what they do---they try to take out Republicans.  Where have you been?  Is this your first election? 

De Tocqueville nailed it when he stated the reason America was great, but we're not that America any longer.  Trump is no messiah and he can't fix what's wrong with it.  In fact, he's a symptom of its decline.  For the record, Cruz wouldn't have been able to fix it, either, but only buy a little time.

Trump is not my king, not my prince, not my father or my husband, and I don't have to back him or defend him from anything.  He is in Washington to work for us.  He's supposed to be the ultimate alpha---"he fights"---so why does he need my help?  It's funny how he went from the only person who could break the media to its pathetic victim who needs protecting. 

Besides, what happened to that oft-repeated line during the election by Trump supporters----"Let's just get him elected and we'll hold his feet to the fire."  Well, he won.  He doesn't need anything more from us.  Instead of acting like a mama whose snowflake can do no wrong, don't you think it's time to put some wood on that fire?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@jpsb

But that's part of the problem.  We're at the point where conservatism doesn't mean much more than irritating liberals and seeing who can come up with the biggest "gotcha."  That's allowing the left to set our agenda.  Conservatism has be more than that, or we're screwed.

It can be done, but the GOP has to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@CatherineofAragon

Reagan warned us against placing all our hopes and dreams in any one man.

Silver Pines

It can be done, but the GOP has to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time.

@Free Vulcan

It involves a lot of GOP/conservative voters, too.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Reagan warned us against placing all our hopes and dreams in any one man.

@Cripplecreek

He was correct.  That will disappoint you every time.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@jpsb

Don't even start with that "Trump is our only hope" garbage.  I have one hope, and He isn't in the Oval Office. 

Democrats are going ballistic because that's what they do---they try to take out Republicans.  Where have you been?  Is this your first election? 

De Tocqueville nailed it when he stated the reason America was great, but we're not that America any longer.  Trump is no messiah and he can't fix what's wrong with it.  In fact, he's a symptom of its decline.  For the record, Cruz wouldn't have been able to fix it, either, but only buy a little time.

Trump is not my king, not my prince, not my father or my husband, and I don't have to back him or defend him from anything.  He is in Washington to work for us.  He's supposed to be the ultimate alpha---"he fights"---so why does he need my help?  It's funny how he went from the only person who could break the media to its pathetic victim who needs protecting. 

Besides, what happened to that oft-repeated line during the election by Trump supporters----"Let's just get him elected and we'll hold his feet to the fire."  Well, he won.  He doesn't need anything more from us.  Instead of acting like a mama whose snowflake can do no wrong, don't you think it's time to put some wood on that fire?

Relax.  Nobody needs your help and I hope Trump doesn't need it because he won't get it from some of our beloved posters.

From my point of view in the real world, America is still great but is currently dealing with a lot of problems.  I'm not sure there wasn't a time when that was not the case.  We always think of the fifties as the golden age but who knows.  I'd have to go back in time.

But, anyway, thanks for quoting De Tocqueville. We can always use a little class around here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.