Author Topic: London Mayor calls for his state visit to be CANCELLED amid a bitter feud  (Read 3908 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Theresa May FINALLY says Donald Trump is 'wrong' to be attacking Sadiq Khan over the London attacks as the London Mayor calls for his state visit to be CANCELLED amid a bitter feud

Sadiq Khan has urged ministers to axe President Donald Trump's state visit
    President Trump received a rebuke from Theresa May over his jibe at Mr Khan
    President brushed aside the slapdown, branding Mr Khan 'pathetic' on Twitter

By Tim Sculthorpe, Deputy Political Editor For Mailonline and Jason Groves Political Editor For The Daily Mail

Published: 19:48 EDT, 5 June 2017 | Updated: 08:40 EDT, 6 June 2017

Theresa May has finally criticised Donald Trump for pursuing a bizarre vendetta against London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

The Prime Minster said the President was 'wrong' to have slammed Mr Khan on Twitter by misquoting his reassurance to Londoners not to be alarmed about the presence of armed police on the streets.

Mrs May had previously endorsed Mr Khan's work in responding to the London Bridge atrocity but had stopped short of criticising the President.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson earlier stepped in to back Mr Khan over the 'trivial' row but said he did not support Mr Khan's call for Mr Trump's state visit to Britain to be cancelled. 

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4575414/Scrap-Trump-s-state-visit-urges-Sadiq-Khan.html#article-4575414
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trump's penchant for self-destruction will be his downfall.   This Twitter war with London's mayor is unnecessary and pointless.  But it's part of a pattern of pointless personal feuding.   

Man, I want to defend Trump, I really do.   But his pettiness, egotism and recklessness is breathtaking.   The WSJ said this morning "If this pattern continues, Mr. Trump may find himself running an Administration with no one but his family and the Breitbart staff.  People of talent and integrity wont' work for a boss that undermines them in public without thinking about consequences.  And whatever happened to the buck stops here?"
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

I guess we can all be relieved that this filthy muslim mayor didn't call for Donny's beheading.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump may have acted in an ill-informed manner but from what I've seen, the Muslim mayor is rather ornery in things he has said in the past.  But the left is not going to fuss about that.

Offline TomSea

Trump's penchant for self-destruction will be his downfall.   This Twitter war with London's mayor is unnecessary and pointless.  But it's part of a pattern of pointless personal feuding.   

Man, I want to defend Trump, I really do.   But his pettiness, egotism and recklessness is breathtaking.   The WSJ said this morning "If this pattern continues, Mr. Trump may find himself running an Administration with no one but his family and the Breitbart staff.  People of talent and integrity wont' work for a boss that undermines them in public without thinking about consequences.  And whatever happened to the buck stops here?"

So how do we describe when you called him a Fascist routinely?

Oceander

Trump could cause some serious damage if he can't stop tweeting like a gossip-mad schoolgirl. 

Offline TomSea

While visiting New York City on 9/21, London's Mayor Sadiq Khan evidenced mild chagrin in saying terrorist attacks should be seen as “part and parcel of living in a big city.”  He added, “It is a reality, I'm afraid, that London, New York, and other major cities around the world have got to be prepared for these sorts of things.”

Mayor Khan makes it clear that preparing for the sort of thing that causes streets to run with the blood of dozens of innocents should not involve a military response.  He advocates police staying “in touch with communities” and “exchanging ideas and best practices.”

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/muslim_mayor_of_london_to_americans_get_used_to_terrorism.html#ixzz4jECW7aGd
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So how do we describe when you called him a Fascist routinely?

You're just like your boy - with a penchant for pointless personal feuding.

I was NeverTrump before the election, but have been mostly supportive of his Presidency.   I've bent over backwards to see the glass as half full.  But you won't give up your personal animosity, even in victory.   Do you want me to become a full-throated critic of the President?   What possible good can come of your sore-winnerism?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd like to see the President go to London ... and hold a rally.   ^-^

Offline skeeter

Considering its a matter of state perhaps Trump shouldn't be the one to be making the comments he's made about the London attacks but there is absolutely nothing at all wrong with the comments themselves. In fact he's right over the target.

London's muslim mayor doth protest too much.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I guess we can all be relieved that this filthy muslim mayor didn't call for Donny's beheading.

Obviously, Sadiq Khan is a radical Muslim apologist, just like his brother President Hussein was. They even use the same words and phrases when apologizing for terrorists. I'm still waiting for Khan to bring up the argument that the Crusades, which happened nearly a thousand years ago, were worse than anything the Muslim terrorists are doing today. This was Hussein's argument, so Khan is likely to pick it up eventually.

The common theme is that Muslims running for office pretend to be assimilated, or moderate, or even secular, until they get elected. Once they are elected, Islam, and even terrorists, can do no wrong after that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

London elected a fox to run the henhouse and everyone is upset about Trumps tweets.   Serious priority problems.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Trump rally already happened. It happened spontaneously, without Trump's involvement.

Londoners Chant “We Love Trump” in Unison Days After Terror Attack
http://redrightvideos.com/londoners-chant-love-trump-unison-days-terror-attack/
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

London elected a fox to run the henhouse and everyone is upset about Trumps tweets.   Serious priority problems.

It has always been a priority to have an adult in the White House.

No matter what kind of vile, horrid people lead the rest of the world, our goal has always been to have someone of character and stature as President.

It's not that Trump is worse than London's mayor.  It's just that his tweets prove he's not mature enough to be President.

And that should concern us all.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

No matter what kind of vile, horrid people lead the rest of the world, our goal has always been to have someone of character and stature as President.

It's not that Trump is worse than London's mayor.  It's just that his tweets prove he's not mature enough to be President.

I've posted several times about Trump's Twitter addiction. He can 'tweet' all he wants to as far as I'm concerned. As long as he runs it by his legal, communications, and PR staff first. The fact that he refuses to do that, is causing him new self-inflicted problems every day. It also indicates an unhealthy and unrealistic ego, which could indeed be an issue.

Trump is simply not qualified to act as his own legal counsel, his own international communication staff, and to act as his own editor. The fact that he thinks he is, is a problem.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Obviously, Sadiq Khan is a radical Muslim apologist, just like his brother President Hussein was. They even use the same words and phrases when apologizing for terrorists. I'm still waiting for Khan to bring up the argument that the Crusades, which happened nearly a thousand years ago, were worse than anything the Muslim terrorists are doing today. This was Hussein's argument, so Khan is likely to pick it up eventually.

The common theme is that Muslims running for office pretend to be assimilated, or moderate, or even secular, until they get elected. Once they are elected, Islam, and even terrorists, can do no wrong after that.

I imagine Charles The Hammer Martel is spinning in his grave right now.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline dfwgator

Yep.

Offline dfwgator

And what's even sadder is that a majority of Labour voters in Britain want Khan to became PM, over Corbyn.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Yep....make Ariana Grande's crowd seem small by comparison.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

And what's even sadder is that a majority of Labour voters in Britain want Khan to became PM, over Corbyn.

Wasn't that SOB Khan a member of Parliament before becoming Mayor of London

Offline dfwgator

One good thing that will come out of this is people will discover the TRUTH about this Muslim mayor, and his past.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/#

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

He's the leader of the mean girls clique.

Wingnut

One good thing that will come out of this is people will discover the TRUTH about this Muslim mayor, and his past.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/#

It might be to late for London.

Offline SirLinksALot

What if he held a rally and nobody came?

Offline TomSea

https://twitter.com/nigel_farage

I'm not going to get too bent out of shape per what Trump tweeted.