Author Topic: You Can't Sell Blueberries From Your Farm in This City Unless You Affirm Gay Marriage  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You Can't Sell Blueberries From Your Farm in This City Unless You Affirm Gay Marriage

Todd Starnes-Opinion : Jun 1, 2017 : ToddStarnes.com

"If the government can shut down a family farmer just because of the religious views he expresses on Facebook—by denying him a license to do business and serve fresh produce to all people—then no American is free." -Kate Anderson

(East Lansing, MI)—[Reprinted with permission of Todd Starnes] The Tennes family has been farming in Michigan for generations. (Screengrab via YouTube/ ToddStarnes.com)

They grow all sorts of crops at the Country Mill Farm—organic apples, blueberries, pumpkins, sweet corn.

And for the past seven years, Steve Tennes and his family have sold their produce at the farmer's market owned by the city of East Lansing.

But this year—city officials told the devout Catholic family that their blueberries and sweet corn were not welcome at the farmer's market—and neither were they.

More: http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=21526

@Chosen Daughter

Please excerpt articles.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:51:08 pm by Machiavelli »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DiogenesLamp

A month or so ago,  someone asked why we are still talking about this.   

*THIS*  is why we are still talking about this.    The Gaystapo  will force everyone to comply with their diktats. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline dfwgator

"that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark or the name of the beast or the number of his name."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Unless you are a Muslim. There's an exception for them.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And yet I've seen people on this forum claim it was the Christians that wanted to shut down opposing views and were the ones expressing bigotry.

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

*THIS*  is why we are still talking about this.    The Gaystapo  will force everyone to comply with their diktats.

Or maybe because some guy has written a book and wants to get people outraged enough to buy it.

I'm not buying it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline rodamala

HELLO, LAWSUIT!!!

Offline dfwgator

HELLO, LAWSUIT!!!

It will be thrown out as fast as you can say, "Jack Robinson".    Satan controls the courts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And yet I've seen people on this forum claim it was the Christians that wanted to shut down opposing views and were the ones expressing bigotry.

*****rollingeyes*****

You must mean some other forum.  By the way, did @Jazzhead get his feelings hurt.  He was given a time out but that was days ago.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It will be thrown out as fast as you can say, "Jack Robinson".    Satan controls the courts.

The courts can be too liberal but I'm not sure it's Satan's work.

Why did we start using the phrase 'as fast as you can say Jack Robinson?'  My cousin was Jack Robinson and he got a lot of grief in the army because people thought he was kidding when he gave his name. 

And why do we say 'political football?'  Why can't it be political basketball .... or tennis ball.

Offline dfwgator

Why did we start using the phrase 'as fast as you can say Jack Robinson?'  My cousin was Jack Robinson and he got a lot of grief in the army because people thought he was kidding when he gave his name. 

I just remember it from "Slapshot",  and believe me,  that scene could never be made today.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You must mean some other forum.  By the way, did @Jazzhead get his feelings hurt.  He was given a time out but that was days ago.

Nope...it's happened here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I said to myself when it happened, that he wasn't likely coming back anytime soon.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Or maybe because some guy has written a book and wants to get people outraged enough to buy it.

I'm not buying it.

What book?   What are you talking about?   

I don't know anything about a book,   but i've seen this news story several times.   People who don't believe in "gay marriage"  are being deliberately marginalized and various governmental agencies have been weaponized against Christians. 

This is not about books,   this is about fascism.     

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

What book?   What are you talking about?   

I don't know anything about a book,   but i've seen this news story several times.   People who don't believe in "gay marriage"  are being deliberately marginalized and various governmental agencies have been weaponized against Christians. 

This is not about books,   this is about fascism.   

She's talking about Todd Starnes of Fox News.  He's been a great reporter of the intrusion of the Government and Political correctness where religious freedoms are concerned.

IIRC He wrote a book a few months back.

None of that however does anything to lessen the story or highlight the intolerance on the left.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Last year, someone posted a message on Country Mill's Facebook page inquiring about whether they hosted same-sex weddings at the farm.

I am an intrinsically suspicious person and in my opinion, this has the stench of a setup.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm not buying it.

@Emjay
@DiogenesLamp

I am also confused by this statement.  Are you saying we shouldn't be talking about such things anymore? Are you saying there's more to the story than is being told here?  Are you saying this didn't happen is being made up by someone in order to stir up outrage in order to sell something?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....It also did not seem to matter to city leaders that the farm is located 22 miles outside the city limits—and had absolutely nothing to do with the business of selling blueberries at the farmer's market.....

It seems this is a lot more than just the issue with their beliefs in gay marriage. The city is acting far outside their domain jurisdiction unless there are special rules in Michigan around business licensing outside the city limits.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am an intrinsically suspicious person and in my opinion, this has the stench of a setup.

Many of these sort of events are deliberate setups.    Gaystapo people will look around until they find someone who objects,   then they will start a deliberate controversy.   

The people who got Kim Davis put in prison were from out of state.   They deliberately went to Kentucky because they heard she wouldn't give them marriage licenses.   This incident wasn't about getting a Marriage License which they could have easily done elsewhere,   it was about provoking a deliberate smash down of people whom they hated.   

The Bake the Cake incident is another deliberate setup.   So are some of the photography incidents.   Queer*s  are deliberately trolling people to provoke these confrontations. 

It's what they do.   It's what they have always done. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Many of these sort of events are deliberate setups.    Gaystapo people will look around until they find someone who objects,   then they will start a deliberate controversy.   

The people who got Kim Davis put in prison were from out of state.   They deliberately went to Kentucky because they heard she wouldn't give them marriage licenses.   This incident wasn't about getting a Marriage License which they could have easily done elsewhere,   it was about provoking a deliberate smash down of people whom they hated.   

The Bake the Cake incident is another deliberate setup.   So are some of the photography incidents.   Queer*s  are deliberately trolling people to provoke these confrontations. 

I would sure love to see the tables turned on them at some point.  Have their tactics used against them.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I would sure love to see the tables turned on them at some point.  Have their tactics used against them.

Force them into confrontations with Muslims.    Whichever way it works out,   we win. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are exactly right. 

But I am left to wonder who is pushing this agenda of finding .... or making up ...outrageous incidents.

I cannot see that it helps the gay agenda at all.  It just makes people mad at all gays when it is only a few pushing this.

The people you and others call the Gaystopo are not helping their cause if their cause is actually acceptance for homosexuals.  That makes me wonder if they are really gay or if this is a setup we are all falling for.

The particular story we are discussing was told by a guy trying to sell a book about outrageous gay actions.

I'm not buying his book or his story.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Force them into confrontations with Muslims.    Whichever way it works out,   we win.

Oh, that is so diabolically clever.

I like it. A lot.  :smokin:
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, that is so diabolically clever.

I like it. A lot.  :smokin:

On the face of it, it sounds like fun.  But gays maybe trying to annoy you to death but they won't actually cut your head off with a rusty machete.  So I'm on the side of gays in that fight.

Offline musiclady

Exactly right.

We MUST talk about this, and stand strong for religious liberty and free speech.

If a government can deny farmers revenue because of their long standing, firmly held moral beliefs, we have ALL lost freedom.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.